This is one talented & versatile player!

What's Hot
123457»

Comments

• Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25047
    I'm just mortified that the bloke in the original YouTube clip didn't credit Don Felder for Hotel California.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BarneyBarney Frets: 627
    Barney said:
    Voxman said:
    , I'd really love to see your playing in a video to learn from you, so please do post 'em.  Perhaps someone could start a thread to show off some of the amazing talent that we have here on the FB?  

I did think in the OP that the playing was sharp..pitch wise but thats nothing to do with the playing..but still a good player..the only comment i would have  ....it was more of a learned feel...rather than feel..feel...if that makes sense

Anway i will bite...lol
    This is my bestest attempt at sounding like Dave Gilmour :)

See, now for me, that is very good playing :) I really liked that.
    Thanks.. :)
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2959
    Philly_Q said:
    I'm just mortified that the bloke in the original YouTube clip didn't credit Ian Anderson for Hotel California.
    Fixed ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25047
    Bidley said:
    Philly_Q said:
    I'm just mortified that the bloke in the original YouTube clip didn't credit Ian Anderson for Hotel California.
    Fixed ;)
    Ian Anderson played the guitar solo on Hotel California?  :o

;) 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4959
    edited December 2016
    Philly_Q said:
    Bidley said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Fixed
    Ian Anderson played the guitar solo on Hotel California?  o

Yeah, his flute went through a synthesiser to make it sound like a guitar and the whole solo was done by him whilst standing on one leg! D

But seriously, listen to this video of 'We used to know' by Jethro Tull - there is a similarity of chord progression:

And to be fair, Ian Anderson was very gracious about the similarity with Hotel California:

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4959
    edited December 2016
    BTW - just played the 'We used to know' intro to my daughter and she immediately said 'that's Hotel California' -  Nuff said, I think!ripped D

The Eagles clearly got the idea for Hotel California from 'We used to know', but there are so many examples of 'similar' songs, for example:

He's so fine, the Chiffons/My Sweet Lord, George Harrison
    Taurus, Spirit/Stairway to Heaven, Led Zep
    Snowy White, Bird of Paradise/Brothers in Arms Dire Straits
    Joe Satriani, If I could fly/Coldplay, Viva la vida
    I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • God those early tull albums are phenomenal 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2959
    God those early tull albums are phenomenal 
    I know they were very successful, but I still think Ian Anderson/Tull are criminally underrated. They pumped out a classic album every year for a decade.

I agree with @Voxman on the Hotel California thing, the inspiration is clear to see, but they're plenty different enough. If Hotel California was a Led Zep song, I daresay there would be far more outrage ;)