2017 Injury club.

What's Hot

Comments

• jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    mcsdan said:
    joneve said:
    Well that was hard work! But an amazing day. Weather was horrific for the bike leg though. 

Another 6.2 miles for this week, taking me up to 16.2. 

Day off tomorrow. Recovery run Monday. 
    Apologies for delay. Big well done @joneve for the tri :)
    Cheers chap! Still buzzing from it...thinking about a half iron man next year! Argh! 

Was supposed to head out on a 5 mile run this morning, but came downstairs to a rather runny gift from the dog, so spent an hour cleaning the grooved door mat. Might try and get out tonight, but will likely leave it and try and get in a 7-8 mile run at the weekend. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    excellent (the buzzing not the doormat haha) . Great feeling after a race. Half iron sounds good target.
    mcsdan said:
    excellent (the buzzing not the doormat haha) . Great feeling after a race. Half iron sounds good target.
    Will see how I get on in the Bristol half marathon in a few weeks...If I go sub-2 hours, I think I'll be doing a half iron next year. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 5.5km + 42.2km = 47.7 km
  • mcsdanmcsdan Frets: 451
    25.1 miles today fasted. No food for 14 hours - only water. No brekkie or drinks/gels on run just water. Tough run.

Broken 1000 miles.

1022.6m/1645km. Now to go for the 2000km mark. (1243m)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited July 2017
    mcsdan said:
    25.1 miles today fasted. No food for 14 hours - only water. No brekkie or drinks/gels on run just water. Tough run.

Broken 1000 miles.

1022.6m/1645km. Now to go for the 2000km mark. (1243m)
    Jesus christ! you mad man! Fair play

6.2 miles/10km tonight, so just under 10 miles this week, which is pathetic for half marathon training! 
  • stimpsonslostsonstimpsonslostson Frets: 5422
    edited July 2017
    @joneve that's not pathetic. My milage this week? 
    0k. That's right 0km. ZERO. It's the first week this year I've run less than 20k. 
    Life just got in the way. I've done 20miles in the bike every day (& 2x 1.5hrs of BJJ) but no runs. 
    I intended to run Fri, sat & sun but got dropped on my head sparring & have had a concussion headache since. So MrsLostSon won't let me out alone till it fades, which it is thankfully. 

Stuck on 698. 
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33958
    Forgot to log a couple:

29th July: 735km + 6km = 741km
    30th July: 741km + 6km = 747km
  • @joneve that's not pathetic. My milage this week? 
    0k. That's right 0km. ZERO. It's the first week this year I've run less than 20k. 
    Life just got in the way. I've done 20miles in the bike every day (& 2x 1.5hrs of BJJ) but no runs. 
    I intended to run Fri, sat & sun but got dropped on my head sparring & have had a concussion headache since. So MrsLostSon won't let me out alone till it fades, which it is thankfully. 

Stuck on 698. 
    Snuck out for a quick run before breakfast this morning.  702k. Still on target to do 100k every month now. Phew. 
    (Headache & dizziness all gone too thankfully). 
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3826
    7 miles this morning.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • aord43aord43 Frets: 287
    Hi guys, I thought I ought to join this thread but I am not reading the previous 40 pages of comments, sorry!
    Been running for about 10 years now (since my late 30s), should have started in my youth but didn't realise I was any good at it :)
    PB 10K: 42 mins, Half: 32:50
    I am entered in the St. Neots half marathon in November, and I took the plunge and entered the ballot for the London Marathon.
    Injuries - persistent ITB on the right-knee, currently fine, held in check by plenty of the right exercises.  But have a sore left hamstring, which is slowly getting better as I strengthen and stretch it.
    Ran 11K in 58mins yesterday.  I am trying to get some speed and strength work in the gym during the week and a long run at weekends.
    @joneve that's not pathetic. My milage this week? 

Stuck on 698. 
    Snuck out for a quick run before breakfast this morning.  702k. Still on target to do 100k every month now. Phew. 
    (Headache & dizziness all gone too thankfully). 
    Glad to hear the concussion effects are wearing off! Not nice. Still, even with no runs last week, you've been doing bare miles on the bike AND BJJ, so that still counts! 

I'm just annoyed because I have my first half marathon in less than 7 weeks and I am aiming for sub-2 hours, so I need to get the miles in. 

Was pleased with running nearly 60 miles in July - hopefully top 75+ in August on the way to ramping up the distances in prep. 

Getting a noticeable throbbing in my shins (mostly my right) - which I suspect could be shin splint-y, so need to watch that. Hopefully it's just my legs still adjusting to the shock absorbency. 

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17874
    tFB Trader
    Back from hols where I did a couple of runs

Up to 315k for the year now 

My new Garmin GPS is super awesome, really pleased with it.

Just entered for my first 10k race :)
    edited August 2017

Just entered for my first 10k race
    You got the Vivoactive HR didn't you? 

I absolutely love mine. The only reason I would think about upgrading would be if I did more and more triathlons and I wanted a watch for tracking open water swims, which the Vivoactive doesn't technically do. There's a work around by attaching it to your googles (so it doesn't go underwater), and tracking it as a run, then changing it back to a swim when you're done - which is fine for training, but for competitions, you don't want to be faffing around. 

All the best with the first 10k. You'll smash it, I'm sure! 
    7 miles this morning.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17874
    tFB Trader
    joneve said:

I absolutely love mine. The only reason I would think about upgrading would be if I did more and more triathlons and I wanted a watch for tracking open water swims, which the Vivoactive doesn't technically do. There's a work around by attaching it to your googles (so it doesn't go underwater), and tracking it as a run, then changing it back to a swim when you're done - which is fine for training, but for competitions, you don't want to be faffing around. 

Yeah, I got the HR, love it!

Obliterated my PB again today. 

Did a 25:35 5k . That's an average of 5:07/km!

42 seconds off my previous best time.
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • 5.7km + 47.7km = 53.4 km
    joneve said:

Yeah, I got the HR, love it!

Obliterated my PB again today. 

Did a 25:35 5k . That's an average of 5:07/km!

42 seconds off my previous best time.
    It's great having the real time pace on your wrist isn't it? Really pushes you! 

Another 5km this morning, although with an underwhelming time of 28:46! Dealing with some throbbing pains in my right shin of late, so trying not to push it too much as I don't want to have to pull out of the Bristol had completely. 

It's currently at noticeable levels but not painful really that I can't run through it. 
  • 5.7km + 53.4km = 59.1km
    7 miles this morning.