Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Poos needed (warning: sad ending)

What's Hot
1234568»

Comments

• littlegreenmanlittlegreenman Frets: 5037
    edited January 2015
    So sorry to hear that Lee, it's always heart-wrenching to lose a furry friend :(
    mrchi said:
    The one positive is that anyone reading this will hopefully think again about the importance of insurance and how its a priority to get sorted asap as you never know whats round the corner.
    It was in fact this thread that prompted me to get my cat Doofus insured early last year.
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24478
    mrchi said:
    The one positive is that anyone reading this will hopefully think again about the importance of insurance and how its a priority to get sorted asap as you never know whats round the corner.

My pug has seizures occasionally and, as they started before I took out the policy, they won't insure him for anything related to them.
    I suspect it's going to be a pain in the arse trying to get affordable cover for pre-existing conditions.
    Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.
    Chips are "Plant-based" no matter how you cook them
    Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter
    I'm personally responsible for all global warming
  • My sympathies, really is losing one of the family. :(
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • Emp_Fab said:
    My pug has seizures occasionally and, as they started before I took out the policy, they won't insure him for anything related to them.
    I suspect it's going to be a pain in the arse trying to get affordable cover for pre-existing conditions.
    Try "impossible". Do yourself (and your vet) a favour - ask them if you can start a standing order to them, and build up a nice buffer for those "just in case" moments. They may even give you a discount because of it (ours did, although the final bill was still terrifying), and that way you won't have to worry about negotiating with an insurance company at some of the worst times.
    <space for hire>
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    I'm so sorry for your loss. We lost a Yorkshire Terrier to epilepsy when I was about 10, I'm finding all this very upsetting.

*hugs*

All practice and no theory
  • jonnyburgojonnyburgo Frets: 12433
    Really sorry to hear that mate. A few years ago I had to take my cat Holly for her final visit and held her in my arms whilst she had the injection.She was the sweetest cat ever, totally un-cat like, more like a very affectionate dog. Reading this has brought it all back to me.

Hope you all get through OK xx

"OUR TOSSPOT"
  • So sad to hear this.  Sincere condolences.
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2094
    A terrible scenario....I just had to read back through the whole thread, its a most compelling real time report which makes it all the more poignant I thought.

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • spark240 said:
    A terrible scenario....I just had to read back through the whole thread, its a most compelling real time report which makes it all the more poignant I thought.

It was the speed at which it all happened which shocked us. I'm not really up to typing it all up and putting it out there - and it wouldn't really help anyway - so suffice to say that on Monday she was happy and bouncy and got a glowing report from the vet at her checkup, then she woke up with a fit on Tuesday morning and 12 hours later it was all over.

We're not focusing on all of that any more, though. We're still sad, but now she's running round in a corner of my mind reserved just for her, happy as you like. She was a more special example of canine kind than we can possibly explain to anyone who didn't meet her; we're all better off for having known her, and that's how it's going to stay.
    <space for hire>
  • am very sorry to hear about your Chihuahua.  
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• BucketBucket Frets: 7751
    So sorry. RIP :(
    - "I'm going to write a very stiff letter. A VERY stiff letter. On cardboard."
  • So sorry dude, tough times. 

Manly cuddles your way. 
  • spark240spark240 Frets: 2094
    Our cats still with us in the urn on the sideboard...I say hello most days.. 

Mac Mini M1
    Presonus Studio One V5
     https://www.studiowear.co.uk/ -
     https://twitter.com/spark240
     Facebook - m.me/studiowear.co.uk
    Reddit r/newmusicreview 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3338
    Very sorry to hear that and hope the pain eases for all of you leaving just good memories.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27718
    spark240 said:
    Our cats still with us in the urn on the sideboard...I say hello most days.. 
    Our dogs are in the garden, in their favourite places with their favourite toys, so they're never too far away.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Sorry for your sad loss. God bless you and your family.