Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Sign In with Google

Become a Subscriber!

Subscribe to our Patreon, and get image uploads with no ads on the site!

Read more...

Paul Davids with Jimis Guitar in Denmark Street

What's Hot
mrkbmrkb Frets: 7418
edited December 2021 in Guitar
Loved Paul Davids tribute and history of Jimis Strat. Probably wont be seen again when its sold on. Even made Denmark Street seem magical again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K_lCxHJ6Gh8
Karma......
Ebay mark7777_1
0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

Comments

• I work just around the corner from there, if I knew I'd have popped by and been one of the background guys!

Sixty Six Sounds is a cool place, very welcoming. I've had a couple of my guitars set up by Andy Gibson (seen in the background).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7418
    I’ve not been to Sixty Six sounds, might be worth another trip to Denmark street in the spring. Has all the building work finished?
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • mrkb said:
    I’ve not been to Sixty Six sounds, might be worth another trip to Denmark street in the spring. Has all the building work finished?
    Was still going on a couple of weeks ago. I thinks it’s a while off being finished.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5320
    Do we know who’s bought it? 
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    tone1 said:
    Essex Recording Studios. It’s up on their Reverb page for a billion quid but he’s gonna let young artists use it on their pop punk albums or something. 
    40reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mrkbmrkb Frets: 7418
    tone1 said:
    I don’t think it’s gone to auction yet.I think this was a way to raise its profile (suspect there will be more publicity in mags,etc soon). I just thought it was great to let Paul do his thing.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
  • guitars4youguitars4you Frets: 15396
    tFB Trader
    A great article 2/3 months ago I think in Guitar Magazine about many of Jimi's guitars - Stories + history about many of them - Many of the myth's - Some modified by the likes of Roger Mayer 

Not sure if it is on-line - Maybe @chrisv can chirp in on this and update accordingly 
  • I know that Hendrix played most of the Monterey set with this guitar but the guitar that most people associate with him – not just from that night – is the hand painted "Wild Thing" guitar that he set on fire. Nevertheless, I'm sure this one will attract the big collectors and the big bucks. A shame that the nut has been replaced and the guitar restrung back to RH configuration. Does anyone know when that was done and/or whether the original nut exists?
  • Fascinating, I really enjoyed this - thanks for posting. And nice for some of the Denmark St staffers to be included.

Ha - just caught a glimpse of my old office at the end too !
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25074
    DarkSide said:
    mrkb said:
    Was still going on a couple of weeks ago. I thinks it’s a while off being finished.
    I think that whole area around Tottenham Court Road and Charing Cross Road has turned into a permanent building site.  What an eyesore it all is.

Nice video though!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • uksaint7uksaint7 Frets: 341
    Sure it has been posted before but this was a cool article about the Woodstock Strat:

https://www.musicradar.com/news/guitars/jimi-hendrix-week-i-played-jimis-woodstock-strat-178118
  • The Monterey set is what made me want to start playing the guitar. I'd love to have seen it. 
    "A city star won’t shine too far"

• LPManicLPManic Frets: 1216
    I know the video is an advertisement for the guitar by the owner in the video, but still I wouldn't dare play any Hendrix riffs on it. Brave men!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • designerseye88designerseye88 Frets: 992
    edited December 2021
    Looks like this guitar has been pulled from the auction citing evidence that it’s not the guitar that it’s advertised to be 

edit: I’m trying to find the article online stating this, but it looks like the same guitar was pulled from a 2017 auction too? All a bit confusing but on Instagram a few well known dealers seem to question its authenticity too 
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18314
    tFB Trader
    Looks like this guitar has been pulled from the auction citing evidence that it’s not the guitar that it’s advertised to be 
    Oh man that's embarrassing for them.

I love the bit where the guy was saying: "I tried to play it, but I had to stop because there was so much energy coming off it"

It sounds like a strat. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5320
    edited December 2021
    It looked like Paul Davids stole it…right at the end of the video….I’ve informed Interpol and given them his description….. B
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Question: all that arm wear on what for Jimi would have been the bottom bout...?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    If it turns out to be fake I'd feel sorry for the guy after all that enthusiasm. I wonder if he can keep the video up?
  • elstoofelstoof Frets: 2766
    Wouldn’t the nut be the wrong way round if it was still set up for a lefty
  • LPManicLPManic Frets: 1216
    If it's a fake just imagine the amount the current paid for it!