Comments

• mrkbmrkb Frets: 7236
    Blimey! Surely he doesnt spend his time scouring ebay for £10 bootlegs?!?!  Definitely on a drive to lower his public opinion.
    Karma......
    Ebay mark7777_1
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Almost guaranteed that the an over-zealous retained copywright lawyer will be behind this - just as Rick Beato’s YouTube videos get demonetised or taken down by various ‘artists’.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7561
    This can't be real.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • PhiltrePhiltre Frets: 4227
    Clapton is simply a cunt. Always has been.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 22reaction image Wisdom
  • VimFuegoVimFuego Frets: 16270
    Clapton, as we know, is God. However, God, as evidenced from the general fucked up state of the world, is a grade A cunt. Ipso facto, QED and stuff of that general nature.

I'm not locked in here with you, you are locked in here with me.

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • HAL9000HAL9000 Frets: 10018
    Ok, I get that EC doesn’t want people selling bootleg albums but there must surely be better ways of dealing with an individual unwittingly selling one on the’bay.
    I play guitar because I enjoy it rather than because I’m any good at it
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7103
    I think if this is what it takes to get another Clapton bootleg off the streets then it's well worth it. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    19reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    HAL9000 said:
    Ok, I get that EC doesn’t want people selling bootleg albums but there must surely be better ways of dealing with an individual unwittingly selling one on the’bay.

Come on. Clapton hasn't sued anyone - it's a record company/agent. And there's more to this story (if it's true) that meets the eye.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • jdgmjdgm Frets: 852
    Well...it's on youtube!

• Fretwired said:
    HAL9000 said:

Come on. Clapton hasn't sued anyone - it's a record company/agent. And there's more to this story (if it's true) that meets the eye.
    100%. His (misrepresented) comments around COVID vaccination have made him fair game. In the interests of full disclosure, I’m a massive fan - but I think his COVID stance is at the very least, ill-advised. If you watch ‘A Life in Twelve Bars’, you will gain a better understanding of the person. In it, he doesn’t shy away from his failings - it’s clear he has had much to apologise for. But being human means we all have failings - the best we can do, is understand them - and make good where we can. Some of the media frenzy around him at the moment probably says more about the lack of nuance that prevails these days, than anything substantive about Eric Clapton.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 10reaction image Wisdom
  • DominicDominic Frets: 16431
    I'm really not a fan but I doubt he even knows about the case personally
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3093
    edited December 2021

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RobDaviesRobDavies Frets: 3093
    I’ve always said that just because the artist is flawed, it doesn’t mean that the art is, as well.  

(I’m not a Clapton fan btw, but it helps to justify my liking of Pantera and Gary Glitter).  
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30349
    For a minute there, I thought I was reading The Daily Mash.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDLBillDL Frets: 8570
    i think Clapton has reached the age where he really doesn't give much of a shit whether people like what he believes and says.  He's always going to have followers despite this.
  • darthed1981darthed1981 Frets: 13347
    BillDL said:
    i think Clapton has reached the age where he really doesn't give much of a shit whether people like what he believes and says.  He's always going to have followers despite this.
    ...and a show on GB news, probably.
    You are the dreamer, and the dream...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13585
    RobDavies said:

my thoughts exactly
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BillDL said:
    ...and a show on GB news, probably.
    You might have got that wrong - there’s a recent video where he strongly implies he is a remainer and thinks Brexit was won on lies.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5088
    VimFuego said:
    Clapton, as we know, is God. However, God, as evidenced from the general fucked up state of the world, is a grade A cunt. Ipso facto, QED and stuff of that general nature.
    You may not be religious or believe in God, that is your business, but there is no need to shout this out from every hilltop. 

Live and let live and all that. 
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

6reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • soma1975soma1975 Frets: 7103
    Rocker said:
    VimFuego said:
    You may not be religious or believe in God, that is your business, but there is no need to shout this out from every hilltop. 

Live and let live and all that. 

If only they'd done that with Jesus tbf. 
    My Trade Feedback Thread is here

Been uploading old tracks I recorded ages ago and hopefully some new noodles here.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom