Least Favourite Bands or Artists

What's Hot

Comments

• SassafrasSassafras Frets: 30291
    Kilgore said:
    Sassafras said:
    Nine Inch Nails.
    Instant headache.

Well stop hammering them into your head then. 
    I would genuinely prefer hammering them into my head than listen to them.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 22905
    edited June 2022
    Philly_Q said:
    I'm surprised this thread has run to so many pages.  I just haven't got an answer.  There's so much music I can't stand that it's impossible for me to pick one or two artists to single out.
    I think we can take it as read that most of us think that most rap or hip hop is not to our tastes though? 
    Well, I won't disagree with you on that, but I think there are many here among us who feel that, err... rap is not a joke (that accidentally turned into an All Along the Watchtower quote).

Oh yeah, there are lots of entire musical genres I pretty much don't like.  Hip-hop, country, jazz, blues, Americana (ack! hate it all), reggae, ska (sorry @EricTheWeary), folk, pop-punk, whiny singer-songwriters, all modern pop and dance music.  The many sub-genres of all those things.  But it's not very specific...!
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4704

Oasis - bland Rhythm's, dull unadventurous guitar.  Not an ounce of funkiness or groove at all. The nasally wine of Liam.  
    Noel is okay and some songs are pretty good, pity they are dragged down by the mediocrity of their musicianship and overly hyped bad attitudes.   

Ed Sheeran - Talented and likable but his music makes me want to stick pins in my eyes.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitarjack66guitarjack66 Frets: 1853
    Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:
    I'm surprised this thread has run to so many pages.  I just haven't got an answer.  There's so much music I can't stand that it's impossible for me to pick one or two artists to single out.
    I think we can take it as read that most of us think that most rap or hip hop is not to our tastes though? 
    Well, I won't disagree with you on that, but I think there are many here among us who feel that, err... rap is not a joke (that accidentally turned into an All Along the Watchtower quote).

Oh yeah, there are lots of entire musical genres I pretty much don't like.  Hip-hop, country, jazz, blues, Americana (ack! hate it all), reggae, ska (sorry @EricTheWeary), folk, pop-punk, whiny singer-songwriters, all modern pop and dance music.  The many sub-genres of all those things.  But it's not very specific...!
    I can understand people disliking Reggae but I think Ska is Reggae with some tempo and I like a bit of that. Maybe disliking or liking The Specials et al is something to do with the era you were growing up in?
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4535
    Anyone who sings like this:

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

9reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OffsetOffset Frets: 11757
    edited June 2022
    Philly_Q said:
    Hmmmm, not sure.  By definition you wouldn't expect it to especially resonate with a guitar forum, but there have been a few rap/hip hop outfits I've liked - admittedly most of them from a few years back.  Loved Run DMC (and their collab with Aerosmith on WTW is far better than the original) and I really liked De La Soul.  Some of the shit stuff my daughter plays I do quite like.  Not averse to a bit of Stormzy/Dave.
    Offset said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Hmmmm, not sure.  Be definition you wouldn't expect it to especially resonate with a guitar forum, but there have been a few rap/hip hop outfits I've liked - admittedly most of them from a few years back.  Loved Run DMC (and their collab with Aerosmith on WTW is far better than the original) and I really liked De La Soul.  Some of the shit stuff my daughter plays I do quite like.  Not averse to a bit of Stormzy/Dave.
    I just walked past a window and had to put up with somebody shouting prose and profanities loudly into a microphone which I think is named hip/hop nowadays. 
    Dreadful stuff with no actual music content involved. It could probably have entered a 'worst break up speech' contest though.
    PS,Grandmaster Flash made a couple of stonking tunes back in the 1980s though. 
  • digitalkettledigitalkettle Frets: 3251
    Anyone who sings like this:

Fair play...although there's good and bad...remember when Whitney Houston isolated vocal tracks started turning up on Youtube?

Am I a fan: no.
    Is it jaw-dropping: damn right.

Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:

I can understand people disliking Reggae but I think Ska is Reggae with some tempo and I like a bit of that. Maybe disliking or liking The Specials et al is something to do with the era you were growing up in?
    Very perceptive!  I was about 15 when Two-Tone was big, and as has been observed before, music fans were very tribal in those days.  It was definitely not my tribe.

I actually don't mind a lot of that late-'70s British ska when I hear it now - there were some good songs, although I still dislike that basic ska rhythm.  That said, I heard On My Radio by The Selecter the other day and I still find the singing on the chorus absolutely infuriating. 
  • bertiebertie Frets: 13569

I just walked past a window and had to put up with somebody shouting prose and profanities loudly into a microphone which I think is named thrash metal nowadays. 
    Dreadful stuff
    FTFY
    just because you don't, doesn't mean you can't
     just because you do, doesn't mean you should.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:

Very perceptive!  I was about 15 when Two-Tone was big, and as has been observed before, music fans were very tribal in those days.  It was definitely not my tribe.

I actually don't mind a lot of that late-'70s British ska when I hear it now - there were some good songs, although I still dislike that basic ska rhythm.  That said, I heard On My Radio by The Selecter the other day and I still find the singing on the chorus absolutely infuriating. 
    Catchy though!
    Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:
    Philly_Q said:

Catchy though!
    On My Radio?  When I heard it I was thinking it was probably a hit because the chorus is so very irritating that yes, it is catchy.  Almost like Baby Shark or something.
  • MellishMellish Frets: 947
    Michael Buble and Barry Manilow. 
  • axisusaxisus Frets: 28338
    er ...... I don't get the question?

I haven't waded through 6 pages of replies, so maybe someone has mentioned it already, but least favourite is very different to bands I hate. Your least favourite would imply one of your favourite bands, but of those, the one that is lowest down the pecking order. 
  • IamnobodyIamnobody Frets: 6906
    edited June 2022
    the sex pistols it was shit in 1977 and it sounds even worse now. rubbish
    Whilst I accept and understand it’s your opinion  (I wasn't around in ‘77) they seemingly did something very well. 

It was the right music at the right time. 

Even in terms of longevity my kids love a bit of Nevermind the Bollocks. 

So 40 odd years on the songs still have something that grabs the listener.  

Anarchy in The Uk was one of the first songs I learnt over 25 years ago. I still enjoy playing it now! 
    Previously known as stevebrum
    axisus said:

I haven't waded through 6 pages of replies, so maybe someone has mentioned it already, but least favourite is very different to bands I hate. Your least favourite would imply one of your favourite bands, but of those, the one that is lowest down the pecking order. 
    Now that's getting really complicated.  Here's a band I like, but I like them less than all the other bands I like.

And they must be teetering right on the edge of falling down among the bands I don't like...  Here's a band I don't like, but I like them more than all the other bands I don't like.
  • lustycourtierlustycourtier Frets: 3333

Oasis - bland Rhythm's, dull unadventurous guitar.  Not an ounce of funkiness or groove at all. The nasally wine of Liam.  
    Noel is okay and some songs are pretty good, pity they are dragged down by the mediocrity of their musicianship and overly hyped bad attitudes.   

Ed Sheeran - Talented and likable but his music makes me want to stick pins in my eyes.

I can give or take Def. Maybe and Whats the story, but Lyla, Shock of the lightening, Falling Down, Hindu Times, Turn up the sun, all complete grooves, and far from unadventurous. 

Sheeran, no trial. 
  • hollywoodroxhollywoodrox Frets: 4170
    Foo fighters 
  • KilgoreKilgore Frets: 8600
    axisus said:

Come on, you know better than this.

Discussing how utterly dire bands are (regardless of the thread title) is the default setting.

Now, if you'll excuse me I have a cloud to shout at. 
    axisus said:

A kinder way than saying 'hate' is to say 'least favourite.' It's a bit more diplodocus,I mean diplomatic.