PuppyAS

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 30214
    The pet supplies place said no rawhide until she's 4 months anyways. But I think the antlers must be some sort of puppy crack.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28753
    This dog makes me want a dog :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    Hooray! Lovely pup! Having had ours a week already, it's the best thing we've ever done. She is ace, even if she does still poop on the carpet occasionally. Can't wait until we can take her out to walk (she hates her collar so far though!).

She mostly snoozes, tries to jump up on the sofa, farts, eats or eats my arm.
    She's also been really good with being left on her own when we are working.
    Sprocket has only once pooped inside, we've mostly learnt her "tell" now. Getting the timings down after meals and drinks helps too.

She broke her collar - we'd been trying it for a minute or two at a time, and she just batted at the clip and broke it. That's a dog who knows her mind.
  • jimkehoejimkehoe Frets: 248
    One day she'll end up like this:

You won't regret it - Daft as a brush, complete clowns and as loveable and fun as any dog has a right to be.
    They do take a lot of grooming though!
    Good to see another OES in Guildford. 
  • oafoaf Frets: 301
    Congratulations on the new arrival! We've always had Old English Sheepdogs, they're a great breed; very affectionate, loyal and eager to please (generally...!)

You'll find it helpful to get her used to being brushed and combed from an early age - make it everyday and fun and just part of what you do. Our last sheepdog, Dave, used to chatter his teeth in anticipation of being brushed, he thought it was a treat! This was because I'd started gently and early and incorporated lots of praise and cuddles. You don't want to have to battle a large dog and her coat *will* need work.

You're going to be great friends!
  • DrJazzTapDrJazzTap Frets: 2228
    edited January 2016
    Aww she's gorgeous. I'm looking at doing some volunteering for a local dogs home. I looked around on Saturday ,some heart breaking sights.
    I would love to change my username, but I fully understand the T&C's (it was an old band nickname). So please feel free to call me Dave.
    Thanks all. We're already working on grooming - thankfully the breeder gave them all lots of attention so they don't mind being poked at.

Tell you what though, she doesn't like Tekcorps, the mysterious dog that's on the other side of the hall mirror. Very odd relationship those two have.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1506
    Sporky said:
    Sprocket has only once pooped inside, we've mostly learnt her "tell" now. Getting the timings down after meals and drinks helps too.

She broke her collar - we'd been trying it for a minute or two at a time, and she just batted at the clip and broke it. That's a dog who knows her mind.
    Poppy hates her collar - it's about the only thing that really phases her/freaks her out - it's quite amusing! 

We know Poppy's tell now, but once she's in the zone, that's it - plus - I'm not TOO worried about her pooping inside until she's vaccinated as we've had a bit of an epidemic of longworm infested slugs in the area, so I'd rather not have her eat a slug and get longworm until she's had all of her jabs and next bout of worming treatment. 

Sprocket now weighs about a seventh of a tonne and has made several new leaf friends.

1reaction image LOL 9reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • A rug and a puppy ? Brave man
  • monofinmonofin Frets: 1118
    Digby!! :)
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6375
    Oh Wow.. she is just so beautiful.  My wife and daughters are cooing over the pictures as I type this :)
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    A rug and a puppy ? Brave man

She's pretty good with her numbers. Also it's a plastic rug.

monofin said:
    Digby!! :)

She is Digby's great-great-granddaughter. Possibly some more greats in there but he's on her breeding chart.
    In motion! Stay calm gents, you do get to see Lady BMcH's hand and ankle...

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:

Tell you what though, she doesn't like Tekcorps, the mysterious dog that's on the other side of the hall mirror. Very odd relationship those two have.
    Have you worked out which one is the evil twin yet? Prob best to find out before they get too big.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Hard to be certain. She gets on well with Windowdog who lives on the other side of the patio doors, and has an OK relationship with Summerhousedog, but doesn't get on with Tekcorps or Ovendog at all.

As Sprocket has one very blue eye and one brown eye we're pretty much convinced she's evil.
  • you keep a dog in your oven? you brute!
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Maybe she's just objecting to our cruelty.
  • You must not have the evil one then...I'd burn that mirror if i were you
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ