The Theresa May General Election thread (edited)

What's Hot

Comments

• FosterFoster Frets: 1131
    capo4th said:

Fact - Jeremy Corbyn leader of the Labour Party and potential PM is a terrorist apologist and terrorist sympathiser. 

Why would we we want him in charge of anything? 
    Don't the tory party have Maria Gatland as an MP?

You know, the woman who was once a member of the IRA?

Course, not relevant at all is it. Far was to talk to them than to actually have been one.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107
    capo4th said:
    Budgie said:
    I'll see your Diane Abbot and raise you a Boris Johnson. Both utter liabilities.
    Johnson is an intelligent man he just plays the class clown very well which is part of his appeal
    he's a jumped up spoilt fat cunt.
    i would shit dowm his silver spoon throat
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6374
    capo4th said:

Snap said:
    Interestingly, even the Guardian has published a final poll with the Tories at a 7 point lead, pointing to a majority of 48

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/live/2017/jun/06/general-election-2017-security-farron-knee-jerk-response-politics-live

That'll do for me I pay loads of tax take very little out of the system even pay for my sons own education.

I have private healthcare.

Where is my tax credit? 

No no sorry Sir we would like more money from you to piss down the Labour drain ! 

Thank you! 
    You wouldn't happen to be in the top 5% by any chance?
    (pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6310
    capo4th said:
    Budgie said:
    I'll see your Diane Abbot and raise you a Boris Johnson. Both utter liabilities.
    Johnson is an intelligent man he just plays the class clown very well which is part of his appeal
    Oh, he's got appeal has he? First I've heard of it.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23150
    ICBM said:
    I think there's a strong possibility that if Corbyn does win, she will be 'pre-emptively reshuffled'. She's pulled out of an interview this morning, supposedly due to illness - but some people are suggesting that Corbyn no longer trusts her not to screw up.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/election-2017-40171877

I have to admit that while I want Labour to win, I'm not a fan of hers and I don't think she would do a good job as Home Secretary. On the other hand neither has Amber Rudd… or Theresa May.

If Corbyn wins, the one who will probably get dumped is Tom Watson. Abbott as Deputy Leader would have visibility but ultimately no portfolio responsibility. 

• LoFiLoFi Frets: 535
    Foster said:

Course, not relevant at all is it. Far was to talk to them than to actually have been one.
    No, she was and is a councillor. Not saying that's great either, but it's important to be accurate.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FosterFoster Frets: 1131
    LoFi said:
    Foster said:

No, she was and is a councillor. Not saying that's great either, but it's important to be accurate.
    Ah right, misread the councillor bit.

I know the Tory party booted her out then let her back in again. 
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2118
    capo4th said:
    Budgie said:
    It's not difficult to to fool a fool.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • rlwrlw Frets: 4898
    Bidley said:
    capo4th said:
    Fretwired said:
    capo4th said:
    Dianne Abbott demands a recount of the leaves falling from the money tree
    Why not argue your corner? Would you agree there is inequality? Young people are expected to get into debt for a decent education, face a lack of well paid jobs and stand very little chance of being able to buy a property without help from the bank of mum and dad.  How would you fix this inequality?

Labour have at least tried to address this issue through tax rises for the better off, the closing of tax loopholes, a rise in corporation tax which would fund the scrapping tuition fees and a commitment to build more affordable housing.  Their manifesto probably doesn't add up, but it's more progressive than the Tories which wasn't costed and has seen more U-turns than a Liverpudlian joy rider.

I was lucky - my higher education was fully funded, I walked into a well paid job and I bought my first house in my mid 20's in the early 1980s. As a society we have gone backwards ... discuss.
    Of course there is inequality welcome to the world. 

Educated people earn more in their lifetime why shouldn't they pay for the privilege?
    Why do people in today's society expect everything for free ?

I find it frankly astounding that people aged 50+ had such an easy ride (free education, plentiful jobs, cheap housing), and yet are determined to deprive that of the younger generation.

Nobody wants it for free, they just want the opportunities that you had.
    We were also taught how to put a sentence together so that it meant what the writer intended.
    Save a cow.  Eat a vegetarian.
  • marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107

Boris was just on the news warming up for May.

He's obviously got the back stabbing dagger hidden up his arse

the fat sack of shit,

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30140
    Fretwired said:
    Sporky said:
    Fretwired said:
    Higher education should be free.
    And (again) if the government stopped pissing the money away it could be.

But there's no will in government - or, it seems, here - to stop wasting taxes. Nah - just squeeze a bit harder and carry on flushing lots of it down the pan.
    I can't argue with you there Mr Sporky ...
    I also support the welfare state; those unable to work or to find work should be supported. I want an efficient caring NHS. I just don't understand why so much of what I earn is taken from me for so little benefit...
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2959
    rlw said:
    Bidley said:
    capo4th said:
    Fretwired said:
    capo4th said:
    Dianne Abbott demands a recount of the leaves falling from the money tree
    Why not argue your corner? Would you agree there is inequality? Young people are expected to get into debt for a decent education, face a lack of well paid jobs and stand very little chance of being able to buy a property without help from the bank of mum and dad.  How would you fix this inequality?

Labour have at least tried to address this issue through tax rises for the better off, the closing of tax loopholes, a rise in corporation tax which would fund the scrapping tuition fees and a commitment to build more affordable housing.  Their manifesto probably doesn't add up, but it's more progressive than the Tories which wasn't costed and has seen more U-turns than a Liverpudlian joy rider.

I was lucky - my higher education was fully funded, I walked into a well paid job and I bought my first house in my mid 20's in the early 1980s. As a society we have gone backwards ... discuss.
    Of course there is inequality welcome to the world. 

Educated people earn more in their lifetime why shouldn't they pay for the privilege?
    Why do people in today's society expect everything for free ?

I find it frankly astounding that people aged 50+ had such an easy ride (free education, plentiful jobs, cheap housing), and yet are determined to deprive that of the younger generation.

Nobody wants it for free, they just want the opportunities that you had.
    We were also taught how to put a sentence together so that it meant what the writer intended.

http://i2.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/list/000/928/481/ec2.jpg
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12249
    Fretwired said:
    So you're saying you don't want to help people less well off than yourself? Do you think it fair that graduates are saddled with £30K worth of debt before they start work? It's ludicrous - we need skilled graduates. Higher education should be free.
    I agree, with the bit in bold. The thing is...we don't need as many graduates as we get on an annual basis. I'd go even further, in fact: we need fewer graduates. If we had fewer graduates, degrees would actually mean something (rather than being the default requirement for pretty much any job regardless of how it relates to your degree) and we could go back to higher education being free again.

As it is, there's no way the education budget could possibly support as many university students as we currently have - 1.75m undergrads with average fees of £8,354 - that's over £14bn.
    yes, we only "need" about 10% of people to do a degree

There are plenty of people with degrees doing very menial, low paid jobs - if we are short of cash, there is no reason to put them through a degree course
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Watched both campaign speeches tonight. Massive contrast. A spattering of party activists watching a luke warm May and then 10000 Brummies from all walks of life had a party then watched Corbyn. Guess which one was shown on the tv? 

I'm not counting chickens, as I honestly don't think he'll win, but you can't deny that he's energised and engaged voters, especially the young and those that previously felt disenfranchised (Myself included, voted Lib Dem in 2010 and have never really bought into anything a politician has said since, until now). There's a real positive feeling to this whole Labour campaign, especially given the deplorable actions of the PLP backbenchers earlier on. 

How anyone can say he's not a leader when he's speaking passionately, intelligently and with real detail and understanding of our situation to huge crowds day after day is beyond me. If that's not statesman like leadership I don't know what is. 

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 8reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12249
    JezWynd said:
    capo4th said:
    Budgie said:
    Oh, he's got appeal has he? First I've heard of it.
    ?
    he was voted Mayor of London twice - that place that has 45 Labour MPs and 27 Tory MPs

but you say he has not got appeal

I would not be at all surprised if he became PM

I don't believe he's thick. Osborne was, Cam wasn't
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Watched both campaign speeches tonight. Massive contrast. A spattering of party activists watching a luke warm May and then 10000 Brummies from all walks of life had a party then watched Corbyn. Guess which one was shown on the tv? 

I'm not counting chickens, as I honestly don't think he'll win, but you can't deny that he's energised and engaged voters, especially the young and those that previously felt disenfranchised (Myself included, voted Lib Dem in 2010 and have never really bought into anything a politician has said since, until now). There's a real positive feeling to this whole Labour campaign, especially given the deplorable actions of the PLP backbenchers earlier on. 

How anyone can say he's not a leader when he's speaking passionately, intelligently and with real detail and understanding of our situation to huge crowds day after day is beyond me. If that's not statesman like leadership I don't know what is. 
    It's really easy to over promise and under deliver just watch ! 
    capo4th said:
    It's really easy to over promise and under deliver just watch ! 
    I've noticed...

2010: "We'll get net migration under 100,000"
    2015: "We'll get net migration under 100,000"
    2017: "We'll get net migration under 100,000"

2010: "We'll reduce borrowing and balance the books, and run at a surplus by the end of this government"
    2015: "We'll have to make more cuts to balance the books... "
    2017: "Strong and stable blah blah blah"

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 13reaction image Wisdom
    There is a huge amount of sexually frustrated Labour voters on this thread I can feel it in your every word. 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    capo4th said:
    There is a huge amount of sexually frustrated Labour voters on this thread I can feel it in your every word. 
    That's an intelligent and well thought out response. 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    Thank you!