The Theresa May General Election thread (edited)

What's Hot

Comments

• capo4th said:

Fretwired said:
    ICBM said:
    capo4th said:

So you stupidly support terrorists remaining in this country and not deporting them? 

Why would you not not support this action? We need to take a stand against these religious nuts.

Personally I would rather put them in a boat and send it back where it came from.
     I would rather increase the resources needed to monitor them properly, and when they're found to have committed an offence, charge, convict and jail them in this country. We already have robust laws to deal with them, we don't need to tear up human rights legislation - which is the thin end of a very dangerous wedge.
    Nice idea, but impossible. There are 20,000+ on the database and 500+ of significant interest who didn't include the recent terrorists - so this list should be higher. An ex-MI5 officer thinks you need at least 30 officers per suspect which means 5,000 would require 15,000 officers and 20,000 would require 600,000.

I have some sympathy for May and the Human Rights Act - four of the Rochdale grooming gang are having their appeals against deportation funded by the tax payer. They claim their right to a family life is at threat - the scum should be sent back to Pakistan. The local Asian community thinks this is the right thing to do ... however they have successfully appealed against deportation and the there will be a final court case.
    Revoking their citizenship and deportation is difficult, but should be the plan. Right to a family/ private life and protection under Article 8 has already been voluntarilarily ceded by their behaviour, IMHO of course.
    Deportation for the Muslim child rapists in Rochdale ?

Line em all up and shoot the lot of em save the legal fees 
    Ah yes, the age old capital punishment bullhonkey.

Not even going there with you with that. Idiot.

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437

capo4th said:
    The slim difference is between the two manifestos.

One is real the other is a laughable joke that will never be implemented. Therefore Corbyn is lying to the electorate with promises that can never be achieved.

You're not exactly shedding any light on what specifically you are contesting in the Labour manifesto? Dismissing the entire document as "a laughable joke" isn't debating, it's just stating an opinion without any evidence to back it up.

For example:

Point: The Conservative manifesto (again) states that they will aim to get immigration down to a net of 100,000. (Or "In the tens of thousands, instead of the hundreds of thousands") Therefore Theresa May is lying to the electorate when she says this.

Evidence: Theresa May is lying to the electorate because this has been in the last two manifestos with no progress in the reduction of immigration.

https://fullfact.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/04/Migration-to-and-from-UK-migobs.png

Explain: Whilst the government may not have much control over EU migration, because of the free movement agreement, they have had little impact on the non EU figures for migration despite divisive policies such as not letting migrants bring their spouse to the country unless they earn more than £18,600 p/a. Therefore we cannot take any manifesto promise to meet this target as anything other than pandering to UKIP voters for a few extra votes.

"Failure to meet the target was driven by both EU and non-EU migration. If EU net migration had remained at 2010 levels, the level would still have been more than double the target." - Source ONS & Full Fact (https://fullfact.org/immigration/uk-migration-policy-2010-general-election/)

For the record, PEE (Point, Evidence, Explain) is a GCSE level english method that students have to become familiar with from the age of about 14. I'm sure you can manage better than that. I'm happy to give you a few more examples given half an hour with the Conservative Manifesto and a laptop. 
    Why would I contest the Labour manifesto? It's a joke Jeremy wants a new train set and wants taxpayers living in London to pay for it. His taxation policy is a joke and will drive U.K. Business downhill at a rapid pace. The polices are unworkable and unachievable from a financial perspective.

Remind me again how much it will cost to buy back the water and electricity companies and how Jezza will pay for it all? 

We need to stop / control immigration however the Romanian girl who makes my morning coffee is an absolute peach so she can stay. The horse has bolted we are an overcrowded island.

Please refresh me on Labours spectacular track record on immigration? PPE is fine. 

5reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    capo4th said:

Fretwired said:
    ICBM said:
    capo4th said:

So you stupidly support terrorists remaining in this country and not deporting them? 

Why would you not not support this action? We need to take a stand against these religious nuts.

Personally I would rather put them in a boat and send it back where it came from.
     I would rather increase the resources needed to monitor them properly, and when they're found to have committed an offence, charge, convict and jail them in this country. We already have robust laws to deal with them, we don't need to tear up human rights legislation - which is the thin end of a very dangerous wedge.
    Nice idea, but impossible. There are 20,000+ on the database and 500+ of significant interest who didn't include the recent terrorists - so this list should be higher. An ex-MI5 officer thinks you need at least 30 officers per suspect which means 5,000 would require 15,000 officers and 20,000 would require 600,000.

I have some sympathy for May and the Human Rights Act - four of the Rochdale grooming gang are having their appeals against deportation funded by the tax payer. They claim their right to a family life is at threat - the scum should be sent back to Pakistan. The local Asian community thinks this is the right thing to do ... however they have successfully appealed against deportation and the there will be a final court case.
    Revoking their citizenship and deportation is difficult, but should be the plan. Right to a family/ private life and protection under Article 8 has already been voluntarilarily ceded by their behaviour, IMHO of course.

Please enlighten us with your thoughts on suitable punishments for Muslim child rapists 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ClarkyClarky Frets: 3261
    so… not long to go now and I still have no idea who to vote for…
    I'm a life long Tory that don't like them any more
    my heart says Lib Dem cos I'm a remainer and they agree with my personal view
    but Lib Dem has no chance
    I can't vote Labour whilst idiot Abbott is around.. she's too scary and incompetent to be anywhere near anything that matters..

this whole thing is completely shite and I have no idea what to do
    play every note as if it were your first
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34308
    capo4th said:
    capo4th said:

Fretwired said:
    ICBM said:
    capo4th said:

Please enlighten us with your thoughts on suitable punishments for Muslim child rapists 
    Exactly the same as Christian child rapists, or atheists child rapists- a very, very long custodial sentence.

Are you sure you wouldn't be happier posting here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ukipparty/ ?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
    Strong and stable ...
  • capo4th said:
    capo4th said:

Fretwired said:
    ICBM said:
    capo4th said:

Same as for all other child rapists. D'urrhh. Suitable prison sentences. Do I need to use smaller words, or maybe pictures?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    octatonic said:
    capo4th said:
    capo4th said:

Fretwired said:
    ICBM said:
    capo4th said:

Exactly the same as Christian child rapists, or atheists child rapists- a very, very long custodial sentence.

Are you sure you wouldn't be happier posting here: https://www.reddit.com/r/ukipparty/ ?
    Very admirable of you. I have no interest in UKIP but do care why my income tax is being wasted on legal fees so some convicted Muslim child rapists can appeal British justice and deportation. The whole thing is a joke so they can remain in the UK longer spreading hate and it's all being funded by the U.K. Taxpayer.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Exciting stuff we are almost on 100 pages of political bullshit 

• Clarky said:
    I can't vote Labour whilst idiot Abbott is around.. she's too scary and incompetent to be anywhere near anything that matters..

Vote for who your heart says Paul @Clarky ;, whoever that is. That way you can vote with a clean conscience. More than that it's pretty much impossible to do...
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Clarky said:

I think the remain thing has bolted. It's not going to happen. I am also convinced that Corbyn is not stupid, and can see clear as day that Abbot is not Ministerial material, but that to make a change before the election would play into the Conservatives hands and write the last days news stories for them. I would be very surprised if he were to form a government and cabinet with her in it, even if he did win.

A lot of it is going to be down to the situation in your constituency and what you want to achieve / can achieve with your vote.

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23150
    capo4th said:

To quote Motherfucker Theresa from the relevant article:

"We should do even more to restrict the freedom and the movements of terrorist suspects when we have enough evidence to know they present a threat, but not enough evidence to prosecute them in full in court."

That expansion of state power should worry anyone. 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23150
    edited June 2017
    And let's continue the mental bullshit:

The Times of India reports that the first 10 pages of Wednesday's Mail attack Corbyn.

10. It would have been more but Dacre couldn't ejaculate any more foaming rage. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • equalsqlequalsql Frets: 6374
    edited June 2017
    capo4th said:

Fretwired said:
    ICBM said:
    capo4th said:

Christ, you really are a frightened little troll aren't you. Your comments so far on this thread make me think you perhaps suffer from the same narcissistic personality disorder as Trump.

(pronounced: equal-sequel)   "I suffered for my art.. now it's your turn"
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    And let's continue the mental bullshit:

The Times of India reports that the first 10 pages of Wednesday's Mail attack Corbyn.

10. It would have been more but Dacre couldn't ejaculate any more foaming rage. 

What is Jeremy achieving with that funny cap ? 
    Corbyns history and previous comments back this up.

For once The Daily Mail speaks the truth.

Corbyn as a man is morally wrong and is not a safe pair of hands for the UK 

The other two are just a pair of morons.

Have a super day one and all.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74398
    It's highly unlikely any Mail reader would vote Labour anyway, and they've actually done the rest of us the service of making a powerful point as to why we should.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3827
    How does one deport British citizens? If a Celt commits a heinous crime, do we deport them back to the middle part of the European continent?
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30140
    The problem with making rights revocable is that you've then let the government revoke those rights for you too, and suddenly they're not rights at all. Let a fascist like May revoke rights at will and her jackboot will never stop stamping on the country's face.

And yes, I am quite pleased with that bit of early-morning hyperbole. :)
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6310
    capo4th said:
    Exciting stuff we are almost on 100 pages of political bullshit 
    And you are responsible for half of it. You don't live under a bridge do you?

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom