The Theresa May General Election thread (edited)

What's Hot

Comments

• ICBMICBM Frets: 74397
    Clarky said:
    so… not long to go now and I still have no idea who to vote for…
    I'm a life long Tory that don't like them any more
    my heart says Lib Dem cos I'm a remainer and they agree with my personal view
    but Lib Dem has no chance
    I can't vote Labour whilst idiot Abbott is around.. she's too scary and incompetent to be anywhere near anything that matters..

this whole thing is completely shite and I have no idea what to do
    If you can't make a difference, make a stand. Vote for what you believe in even if the candidate has no hope of winning.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2118
    So you stupidly support terrorists remaining in this country and not deporting them? 

Why would you not not support this action? We need to take a stand against these religious nuts.

Personally I would rather put them in a boat and send it back where it came from.

If the boat were to return to where it came from, wouldn't it just return back to the UK? Are you seriously advocating treating suspected terrorists to a nice little cruise? Is this the official Tory Boy line? Having said that, you Tories do like a u-turn. 

Despite your recent protestations, you are a bit of a thick cunt aren't you.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • fields5069fields5069 Frets: 3827
    Budgie said:
    So you stupidly support terrorists remaining in this country and not deporting them? 

Why would you not not support this action? We need to take a stand against these religious nuts.

Personally I would rather put them in a boat and send it back where it came from.

If the boat were to return to where it came from, wouldn't it just return back to the UK? Are you seriously advocating treating suspected terrorists to a nice little cruise? Is this the official Tory Boy line? Having said that, you Tories do like a u-turn. 

Despite your recent protestations, you are a bit of a thick cunt aren't you.
    It's pub politics, I get it at work all the time. I really can't believe it's this easy to control people, and it's this denial of the truth which will get May voted back in tomorrow.
    Some folks like water, some folks like wine.
    My feedback thread is here.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4713
    capo4th said:
    And let's continue the mental bullshit:

The Times of India reports that the first 10 pages of Wednesday's Mail attack Corbyn.

10. It would have been more but Dacre couldn't ejaculate any more foaming rage. 

What is Jeremy achieving with that funny cap ? 
    keeeping his head warm 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6288
    Clarky said:
    I can't vote Labour whilst idiot Abbott is around.. she's too scary and incompetent to be anywhere near anything that matters..

similar situation here Clarky. I am voting tactically to keep labour out of the seat. Many reasons, but one of them being the labour candidate here looks like he's just left the sixth form.
    1reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    Clarky said:

Of all the things that could put you off voting Labour, Diane Abbott should be the very least of them.  She's not going to be Home Secretary after the election, or Shadow Home Secretary, or Shadow anything.  She's made such a balls-up of this campaign, what little credibility she had to begin with has utterly evaporated.  Her career in frontline politics is over ...and to such an extent that Andrew Neil won't even have her back on This Week.
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Snap said:
    Clarky said:

similar situation here Clarky. I am voting tactically to keep labour out of the seat. Many reasons, but one of them being the labour candidate here looks like he's just left the sixth form.
    Youth is a blocker for a candidate? Interesting.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    Our bassist is an idiot.

He shared this video of a Northerner saying that he'd vote for Labour but they've got no chance of winning, so he was going to vote for Conservatives instead. Then he called him an idiot and a typically ill educated ignorant Brit who is a moron, etc.. etc..

Then our bassist admitted to me a few weeks later that he wouldn't vote for the Greens because they've got no chance of winning.

The sheer audacity and lack of self awareness.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34308
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Our bassist is an idiot.

He shared this video of a Northerner saying that he'd vote for Labour but they've got no chance of winning, so he was going to vote for Conservatives instead. Then he called him an idiot and a typically ill educated ignorant Brit who is a moron, etc.. etc..

Then our bassist admitted to me a few weeks later that he wouldn't vote for the Greens because they've got no chance of winning.

But they don't have any chance of winning, Drew.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 30140
    ICBM said:

If you can't make a difference, make a stand. Vote for what you believe in even if the candidate has no hope of winning.
    And if everyone voted for what they wanted, instead of following all this "x can't win" crap, we might have something better approaching a democracy.

'Course, I'm not sure that'd be any better...
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    Drew_TNBD said:
    Our bassist is an idiot.

Why are you surprised? He's a bass player .... ;-)

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2118
    octatonic said:
    This is pretty excellent.

Agreed. An excellent speech.
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23150

Of all the things that could put you off voting Labour, Diane Abbott should be the very least of them.  She's not going to be Home Secretary after the election, or Shadow Home Secretary, or Shadow anything.  She's made such a balls-up of this campaign, what little credibility she had to begin with has utterly evaporated.  Her career in frontline politics is over ...and to such an extent that Andrew Neil won't even have her back on This Week.
    She will however be eating insects in the Australian jungle with Ant & Dec giggling over the top. 

3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Diane Abbott pranked ...

Ms Abbott was caught out by an email prankster who sent her a message purporting to be from Seumas Milne, Mr Corbyn’s director of communications. She apparently said in a response: “Do you still want to add colour to the illness story? If so maybe we should speak.” In reply to a second email from “@Sinon_Reborn”, she said: “I am not sure what colour I can add . . . I am worried about telling untruths about my health which are easily disproved”.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4578646/Diane-Abbott-fooled-Seumas-Milne-email-prankster.html?ITO=1490

Sporky said:
    ICBM said:

And if everyone voted for what they wanted, instead of following all this "x can't win" crap, we might have something better approaching a democracy.

'Course, I'm not sure that'd be any better...
    Like it or not, in most constituencies outside Scotland we became a 2-party system in 2015. The Lib Dems and Greens got 1500 votes each last time round in my constituency, it's very unlikely they'd overturn that to get at least 10,000 votes this time round (turnout was 40k last time), so to a certain extent I'm sure there are people out there voting for the lesser of 2 evils as they see it. I'm voting for the party I think will be more effective in government overall, but particularly in the area of social welfare.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Fretwired said:
    Diane Abbott pranked ...

Ms Abbott was caught out by an email prankster who sent her a message purporting to be from Seumas Milne, Mr Corbyn’s director of communications. She apparently said in a response: “Do you still want to add colour to the illness story? If so maybe we should speak.” In reply to a second email from “@Sinon_Reborn”, she said: “I am not sure what colour I can add . . . I am worried about telling untruths about my health which are easily disproved”.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4578646/Diane-Abbott-fooled-Seumas-Milne-email-prankster.html?ITO=1490

It's in a real newspaper so there's no way that's fake.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Ro_SRo_S Frets: 929
    Good to see that Labour have finally put Diane Abbott in a metaphorical cupboard for the little left of the election campaign - rather too late, though. 

Her sick note says that she is a gobshite suffering from persistent brain farts.
    over 20 effects pedals FOR SALE, click here to see my classifieds thread.   My trading feedback

Effects for Me & my Monkey    
    YouTube channel     Facebook         Fretboard's "resident pedal supremo" - mgaw

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74397
    Sporky said:

Not under this electoral system we wouldn't.

We would have rule by the largest minority, overriding the majority - which is not a real democracy.

And which is why the Tories have been in power - often with large 'majority' governments - for most of the last 70 years even though they have never had a majority of the vote.

Of course the same is true for Labour as well, in the fewer years when they've been in power.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

Fretwired said:
    Diane Abbott pranked ...

It's in a real newspaper so there's no way that's fake.
    It's in most of the papers - it's not fake. No denial from her camp. One of the reason's she's been replaced IMHO.