The Theresa May General Election thread (edited)

What's Hot

Comments

• capo4th said:
    Early vote for me after checking out the mums political opinions at the school gates early doors.

Private school so everyone will vote Tory to nobble Jeremy's plans for adding VAT to private school fees. 

Full day ahead meetings in the morning hopefully no political discussion then probably catch up on a few emails and clear some admin in the afternoon. 
    Middle-management for the NHS? How super for you! ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 34308
    Loving this borrowing from the Simpsons:

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BradBrad Frets: 694
    Fretwired said:
    ICBM said:
    ICBM said:

Although to be fair Blair's first term was good, and the Lib Dems had little choice but to go with the Tories when they won more seats than Labour.
    I seriously disagree, I think the Libs sold their soul, and should have gone with Labour. They are still paying for it, as I knew they would the day Clegg walked out as deputy PM on that sunny day
    They had little choice but to support the Tories. The Tories were the largest party - both in votes and seats - the public wouldn't have accepted the Lib Dems propping up a discredited Labour government who it was widely seen has having been voted out, and Brown wouldn't step down as PM (the Lib Dems' first condition).

It is true that they could have forced the Tories to try to govern as a minority and supported them on a case-by-case basis, rather than entering a coalition. Whether that would have been better than trying to restrain the Tories from the inside of a coalition, I don't know - since that failed too.

I agree that it has destroyed the Lib Dems for a generation at least though.
    What Cleggy should have done was a supply and support deal. But no, the lure of power was too great so off he went on bender throwing out his Lib Dem principles and showing why small parties should never be in a debate with Labour and the Tories on TV. The advertising standards people should have been able to prosecute him for misleading advertising, lying and worse. A pompous, odious grasping politician who sneers at anyone he disagrees with. I hope he loses his seat. I have decided I dislike him more than Cameron. My sister-in-law met him and immediately disliked him. She said he was arrogant.
    I don't think Nick Clegg had any Lib Dem principles other than being pro Europe. Clegg entered into coalition with the Conservatives because he is a Conservative. I agree, a snake of a man.

thomasw88 said:

Not to mention wanting to give all primary age kids the chance to learn a musical instrument for free. I work in that sector and have seen first hand what having the funding taken away has done to music in schools. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • Philly_QPhilly_Q Frets: 25048
    btw I am wondering if Diane Abbot is genuinely ill

If it is migraines (as she said before), they knock 40 to 50 IQ points out of you during an attack. 
    I'm not sure she's got that many to spare.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10884
    capo4th said:
    My wisdom frets are going through the roof this week .....
    Yet no one appears to be sticking their neck out and actually speaking up to back you.

What's that theory about Tory voters keeping quiet until marking their cross again?
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 5059
    octatonic said:
    Loving this borrowing from the Simpsons:

It's a long-term project to stimulate the housing market...

• breakstuffbreakstuff Frets: 10884
    Fuck me,I actually accidentally wis'd capo while scrolling down the page.

May explain a lot.
    Laugh, love, live, learn. 
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    So much nasty hate from people where's your sense of fun and adventure.

People in Yorkshire on BBC news who have been life long Labour voters are voting Tory tomorrow.

Good to see real people in traditional Labour strong holds will be voting Tory tomorrow.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom

capo4th said:
    Early vote for me after checking out the mums political opinions at the school gates early doors.

Private school so everyone will vote Tory to nobble Jeremy's plans for adding VAT to private school fees. 

Full day ahead meetings in the morning hopefully no political discussion then probably catch up on a few emails and clear some admin in the afternoon. 
    Middle-management for the NHS? How super for you! ;)
    Private sector bud I am not lucky enough to have one of those gold plated public sector jobs with a super lifelong pension.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5105
    Whatever way you guys vote tomorrow, at least vote.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom

equalsql said:
    The Labour voters are silent Labour voters this election even on the fretboard. 

Rest assured they they will turn out in force tomorrow and kick May in the hedge where she belongs.
    equalsql said:
    capo4th said:

Jesus titty fucking Christ capo! Shut the fuck up! *yawn* 

Glad this is over tomorrow either way, at least troll boy can get back in his boring box
    Can you be the administrator of the Tory victory thread I will start on Friday morning ?

I have booked the day off and will be too busy to maintain it thanks in advance chum 
    Can you be the administrator of the Labour victory thread I will start on Friday morning ?

I have booked the day off and will be too busy to maintain it thanks in advance chum  
    equalsql said:

Comprehensive school so everyone will vote Labour to nobble May's plans to avoid adding VAT to private school fees. 

equalsql said:
    Labour always have to borrow more to fix the Tory mess they always leave behind.
    equalsql said:
    Love how Tory supporters are in total denial about their party's past performance !

and their Leaders past associations......

A complete shower of shit and the front bench this time round is the worst in living memory and still you are confident about putting them in power. 

Delluded if you believe May's pipe dreams can come true.
    I can see what you did there 
  • NiteflyNitefly Frets: 5059
    Rocker said:

Already done, @Rocker - postal vote, doncha know  =)
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6310
    capo4th said:
    Hit me baby
    Are you getting paid for this? Can't think why else you would do it.
  • RockerRocker Frets: 5105
    Nitefly said:
    Rocker said:

Already done, @Rocker - postal vote, doncha know  =)

Good on you my friend. Democracy in action.
    Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. [Albert Einstein]

Nil Satis Nisi Optimum

• ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12248
    Philly_Q said:

If it is migraines (as she said before), they knock 40 to 50 IQ points out of you during an attack. 
    Jamaican working class parents, got a degree from Cambridge

Unlikely to be thick

I'd thought she was just being half-arsed, but after a few bad interviews I've reconsidered
    capo4th said:
    My wisdom frets are going through the roof this week .....
    Yet no one appears to be sticking their neck out and actually speaking up to back you.

What's that theory about Tory voters keeping quiet until marking their cross again?
    The most important thing is that people get out and vote for the mighty blues tomorrow.

Loads of secret Tory voters on here trust me on that check my DMs 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

May explain a lot.
    Thanks man I like a LOL as well for a bit of balance 
  • nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    edited June 2017
    Philly_Q said:

Jamaican working class parents, got a degree from Cambridge

Unlikely to be thick

I'd thought she was just being half-arsed, but after a few bad interviews I've reconsidered
    https://cookingonabootstrap.com/2017/06/07/we-need-to-talk-about-diane-abbott-now-explicit-content/

Looks like she may well have a rather higher IQ than we give her credit for based on her recent performance.  If that is anything to go by maybe we should go easy on Capo, he may well be a genius but just gets nervous when typing on public forums.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6310

May explain a lot.
    Can't you take it back by clicking on it again? Or is that somewhere else? Election fever.
    JezWynd said:
    capo4th said:
    Hit me baby
    Are you getting paid for this? Can't think why else you would do it.
    Paid for doing what ? Voicing a positive Tory opinion on an Internet guitar forum?

Too many people scared to admit voting Tory in this election #secrettoryseverywhere

Someone needs to highlight that Labours pipe dream policies will never come to fruition if they get elected or not. They will say anything to secure a vote. Desperate Party.