The Theresa May General Election thread (edited)

What's Hot

Comments

• capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    edited June 2017
    capo4th said:
    The Tory voters are silent Tory voters this election even on the fretboard. 

Rest assured they they will turn out in force tomorrow and kick Corbyn in the hedge where he belongs.

ADMIN: Edited out, Rule #1
    Why would I do that you big purple helmet ? 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12248
    Fretwired said:
    ICBM said:
    ICBM said:

Although to be fair Blair's first term was good, and the Lib Dems had little choice but to go with the Tories when they won more seats than Labour.
    I seriously disagree, I think the Libs sold their soul, and should have gone with Labour. They are still paying for it, as I knew they would the day Clegg walked out as deputy PM on that sunny day
    They had little choice but to support the Tories. The Tories were the largest party - both in votes and seats - the public wouldn't have accepted the Lib Dems propping up a discredited Labour government who it was widely seen has having been voted out, and Brown wouldn't step down as PM (the Lib Dems' first condition).

It is true that they could have forced the Tories to try to govern as a minority and supported them on a case-by-case basis, rather than entering a coalition. Whether that would have been better than trying to restrain the Tories from the inside of a coalition, I don't know - since that failed too.

I agree that it has destroyed the Lib Dems for a generation at least though.
    What Cleggy should have done was a supply and support deal. But no, the lure of power was too great so off he went on bender throwing out his Lib Dem principles and showing why small parties should never be in a debate with Labour and the Tories on TV. The advertising standards people should have been able to prosecute him for misleading advertising, lying and worse. A pompous, odious grasping politician who sneers at anyone he disagrees with. I hope he loses his seat. I have decided I dislike him more than Cameron. My sister-in-law met him and immediately disliked him. She said he was arrogant.
    he loved being Cameron's wing man
    Cameron was less annoying

I hope Clegg doesn't haunt us for 30 years in the Lord's. Not sure if they can add any more Lib Lords now - they are over-quota in the Lord's by a large factor now, aren't they?
    Can't he do documentaries or just clear off?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Love how Labour supporters are in total denial about their party's past performance !

and their Leaders past associations......

A complete shower of shit and the front bench this time round is the worst in living memory and still you are confident about putting them in power. 

Delluded if you believe Corbyns pipe dreams can come true.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74396
    capo4th said:
    Love how Labour supporters are in total denial about their party's past performance !
    It's you who are in denial. The historical figures prove conclusively that the Tories are the party which borrows more, repays less, and causes more recessions.

Future performance is open to debate, past performance is a matter of record.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    The crippling mess is always substantially worse under Labour 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    The Torys always have to borrow more to fix the Labour mess they always leave behind.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    This cycle will repeat if we have a Labour government on Friday. 2022 big disaster to clean up and billions wasted.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    My wisdom frets are going through the roof this week .....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Hit me baby
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    capo4th said:
    The Torys always have to borrow more to fix the Labour mess they always leave behind.
    lol

The only two governments to leave office with a surplus were both Labour ones :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    When you were a young lad?
    capo4th said:
    One, yes - Wilson's first government. The other was before even my time - Attlee's government. A long time ago, certainly - although the last to run a surplus was Blair's, in his first term.

The point is that regardless of how long ago or not, you're simply factually wrong about the past economic performance of the two parties. You can argue about whether that will apply in the future if you like… but I see no reason to inherently doubt it without providing some more sound reasoning than you have so far ;).

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Jesus titty fucking Christ capo! Shut the fuck up! *yawn* 

Glad this is over tomorrow either way, at least troll boy can get back in his boring box

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom

Glad this is over tomorrow either way, at least troll boy can get back in his boring box
    Sssshhhhhhhh 

ICBM said:
    capo4th said:
    One, yes - Wilson's first government. The other was before even my time - Attlee's government. A long time ago, certainly - although the last to run a surplus was Blair's, in his first term.

The point is that regardless of how long ago or not, you're simply factually wrong about the past economic performance of the two parties. You can argue about whether that will apply in the future if you like… but I see no reason to inherently doubt it without providing some more sound reasoning than you have so far ;).
    We are in a different millennium now though ICBM and Labours policies dictate that they will bankrupt society as we know it. 
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4713
    edited June 2017
    She ran through a field of wheat capo ffs man. you want this woman to run your country? 

SHE RAN THROUGH A FIELD OF FUCKING WHEAT MAN

Can you be the administrator of the Tory victory thread I will start on Friday morning ?

I have booked the day off and will be too busy to maintain it thanks in advance chum 
    She ran through a field of wheat capo ffs man. you want this woman to run your country? 

SHE RAN THROUGH A FIELD OF FUCKING WHEAT MAN
    Was she naked?
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2118
    'Kin hell, will someone take the sherry off the retard... take it easy Capo, big day tomorrow 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • LegionreturnsLegionreturns Frets: 7965
    Six million sperm... And yours was the fastest?

My Trading Feedback    |    You Bring The Band

Just because you're paranoid, don't mean they're not after you
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom