The Theresa May General Election thread (edited)

What's Hot

Comments

• thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2372
    capo4th said:
    I don't fail Thomas I win everyday ! Day in day out live the dream! 

Excellent glad to hear it. So you can't answer the question then? thats 6 replies. not 1 proper answer. Are you bojo?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 74396
    capo4th said:
    You clearly don't remember the last recession Thomas maybe you were too young. 

Look where we are today and people want to put Labour in charge to fuck it all up like they did back then.
    You mean the most recent one, in 2012? The 'double dip' recession caused by Obsorne's austerity policy. Some of us also remember the Tory recessions of the early 80s and the early 90s. Although I was around at the time I'm a bit too young to really remember Heath's one of the early 70s…

I think that makes the recessions score four-one to the Tories since WWII.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    Over 100 pages and I still have no idea what was edited
    My V key is broken
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4th said:

Look where we are today
    After many years of your glorious Tory party rule, up the creek without a paddle?

littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    ICBM said:
    capo4th said:

Look where we are today and people want to put Labour in charge to fuck it all up like they did back then.
    You mean the most recent one, in 2012? The 'double dip' recession caused by Obsorne's austerity policy. Some of us also remember the Tory recessions of the early 80s and the early 90s. Although I was around at the time I'm a bit too young to really remember Heath's one of the early 70s…

I was referring to 2008 times. Can't recall the 2012 recession we were having it away.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    thomasw88 said:
    capo4th said:
    I don't fail Thomas I win everyday ! Day in day out live the dream! 

Excellent glad to hear it. So you can't answer the question then? thats 6 replies. not 1 proper answer. Are you bojo?
    Thomas please read the thread a Tory government will support business and maintain a strong economy supporting jobs and growth. Without this everything is screwed.
    Labour have no clue with big business, the economy and counting numbers.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • ronnybronnyb Frets: 1782
    ICBM said:
    capo4th said:

And if you added them all up, they would still come anywhere near to the mahoosive one that Blair Brown and co were responsible for in 2008.
    4reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    The Tory voters are silent Tory voters this election even on the fretboard. 

Rest assured they they will turn out in force tomorrow and kick Corbyn in the hedge where he belongs.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

holnrew said:
    Over 100 pages and I still have no idea what was edited
    Many posts have been edited to protect the innocent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ronnyb said:
    ICBM said:
    capo4th said:

And if you added them all up, they would still come anywhere near to the mahoosive one that Global economic factors were responsible for in 2008.
    FTFY ;)
    littlegreenman < My tunes here...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • HeartfeltdawnHeartfeltdawn Frets: 23149
    ronnyb said:

And if you added them all up, they would still come anywhere near to the mahoosive one that Blair Brown and co were responsible for in 2008.

And they were resposible for America's recession. And Lehman Brothers. And Landsbanki. And the Japanese budget deficit. And Greece. And that wierd day when i swear I had a tenner in my jacket pocket, went to pay for a pint, and found nothing but a bus ticket... 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12248
    ICBM said:
    I've voted in every election since 1987, and I've got the government I voted for twice - 1997 (Labour) and 2010 (Lib Dem coalition). AKA be careful what you wish for…

Although to be fair Blair's first term was good, and the Lib Dems had little choice but to go with the Tories when they won more seats than Labour.
    I seriously disagree, I think the Libs sold their soul, and should have gone with Labour. They are still paying for it, as I knew they would the day Clegg walked out as deputy PM on that sunny day
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12248
    ronnyb said:
    p, they would still come anywhere near to the mahoosive one that Blair Brown and co were responsible for in 2008.
    do you actually believe that Blair and Brown caused that?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    ICBM said:

Although to be fair Blair's first term was good, and the Lib Dems had little choice but to go with the Tories when they won more seats than Labour.
    I seriously disagree, I think the Libs sold their soul, and should have gone with Labour. They are still paying for it, as I knew they would the day Clegg walked out as deputy PM on that sunny day
    They had little choice but to support the Tories. The Tories were the largest party - both in votes and seats - the public wouldn't have accepted the Lib Dems propping up a discredited Labour government who it was widely seen has having been voted out, and Brown wouldn't step down as PM (the Lib Dems' first condition).

It is true that they could have forced the Tories to try to govern as a minority and supported them on a case-by-case basis, rather than entering a coalition. Whether that would have been better than trying to restrain the Tories from the inside of a coalition, I don't know - since that failed too.

I agree that it has destroyed the Lib Dems for a generation at least though.

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    ronnyb said:

And they were resposible for America's recession. And Lehman Brothers. And Landsbanki. And the Japanese budget deficit. And Greece. And that wierd day when i swear I had a tenner in my jacket pocket, went to pay for a pint, and found nothing but a bus ticket... 
    But the reason we have high debt is down to Brown - in fairness he has admitted his mistakes and apologised. He basically put a bunch of bankers in charge of the body that regulated the banks and off they went buying packages of debt and other things that didn't exist, and in the case of RBS a bankrupt bank that bankrupted them. It was a major fuck-up of astronomical proportions and I could write all day on the subject - Brown also forced Lloyds to buy HBOS (it should have been left to die) and that nearly destroyed Lloyds Bank.

He sold our gold for peanuts and promised an end to boom and bust. He also ordered two useless aircraft carriers just to keep his voters in jobs.

I'm sure Corbyn will be useless as they're all bloody useless but to me his ideas make more sense in terms of a fairer society.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
  • marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107
    edited June 2017
    capo4th said:
    The Tory voters are silent Tory voters this election even on the fretboard. 

Rest assured they they will turn out in force tomorrow and kick Corbyn in the hedge where he belongs.

ADMIN: Edited out, Rule #1
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    ICBM said:
    ICBM said:

They had little choice but to support the Tories. The Tories were the largest party - both in votes and seats - the public wouldn't have accepted the Lib Dems propping up a discredited Labour government who it was widely seen has having been voted out, and Brown wouldn't step down as PM (the Lib Dems' first condition).

It is true that they could have forced the Tories to try to govern as a minority and supported them on a case-by-case basis, rather than entering a coalition. Whether that would have been better than trying to restrain the Tories from the inside of a coalition, I don't know - since that failed too.

I agree that it has destroyed the Lib Dems for a generation at least though.
    What Cleggy should have done was a supply and support deal. But no, the lure of power was too great so off he went on bender throwing out his Lib Dem principles and showing why small parties should never be in a debate with Labour and the Tories on TV. The advertising standards people should have been able to prosecute him for misleading advertising, lying and worse. A pompous, odious grasping politician who sneers at anyone he disagrees with. I hope he loses his seat. I have decided I dislike him more than Cameron. My sister-in-law met him and immediately disliked him. She said he was arrogant.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    I can't disagree with that.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • mikeyrob73mikeyrob73 Frets: 4713
    dont care much for politics but I couldn't vote Tory as I cannot stand May, fucking robotic bitch. 

Naughtiest thing you ever done? Run through a wheat field? How can anyone support someone whose naughtiest thing is that? Come on! Bet old Jezza has inserted hamster and all kinds into that Diane Abbot. 

Ive gone all @Sambostar :cold_sweat: 
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • marantz1300marantz1300 Frets: 3107

Bet old Jezza has inserted hamster and all kinds into that Diane Abbot. 

Ive gone all @Sambostar :cold_sweat: 
    Sweet! Nice! Cool!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom