The Theresa May General Election thread (edited)

What's Hot

Comments

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    edited May 2017
    holnrew said:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-confronted-voter-disability-allowance-a7736881.html

Look how badly she handles this. Doesn't listen to the woman (keeps referring to learning disabilities as mental illness) and robotically repeats party lines, while showing no sympathy.
    What the fuck are you talking about!?! She can't get a fucking word in edgeways because of that woman and everything she said was common sense stuff - focus on those most in need for example. And learning difficulties and mental illness are often linked. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ToneControlToneControl Frets: 12098
    holnrew said:
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/theresa-may-confronted-voter-disability-allowance-a7736881.html

Look how badly she handles this. Doesn't listen to the woman (keeps referring to learning disabilities as mental illness) and robotically repeats party lines, while showing no sympathy.
    Clearly you don't like May, but I don't think that video proves anything:
    In what way would you have answered an angry woman with a learning disability?
    The lady sounds a bit confused about how much she gets in benefits - I googled it and can't find any PIP rates that pay £100 a month
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2112
    capo4th said:
    Budgie said:
    capo4th said:
    A difficult one to handle when confronted in the street but I am quite certain she has more than £100 a month to live on who makes this stuff up? 
    How is it difficult to handle? She should be totally able, and comfortable with a discourse with ordinary people. She's an automaton though and is only capable of spewing forth party policy. There is no space to expand on points because every word that passes her lips is absolutely scripted and disconnected.

How can you possibly know what the lady is surviving on per month? Is she just another layabout like the ones you referred to earlier?

Who makes this stuff up? ... You mostly.

If she cannot handle an unscripted and simple conversation with a normal human being how will she cope with the complexities of the Brexit negotiations? 
    Calm down lad the text in the link clearly states she can't live on £100 a month then clearly there is some kind of administrative error and a mistake has been made. Or is that a bonus on top of some other benefits? I don't think she is getting by on £25 a week and living in a cardboard box.

We are clearly not getting the entire story.

To be fair every time Teresa tried to speak and answer the woman rudely interrupted her and she couldn't get a word in edgeways and she was not allowed to answer the ladies questions.

watch the clip again she didn't get chance to answer as the woman was so excited.

Calm down? How was that not calm?

'we are clearly not getting the entire story'. ..... So you took it upon yourself to kindly fill in the rest?

The lady did nothing but interrupt the script.  Mrs May was therefore outside her comfort zone.

I've watched the clip. The lady was worried, as I'm sure a lot of folk in her position are worried.
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Budgie said:
    capo4th said:
    Budgie said:
    capo4th said:
    A difficult one to handle when confronted in the street but I am quite certain she has more than £100 a month to live on who makes this stuff up? 
    How is it difficult to handle? She should be totally able, and comfortable with a discourse with ordinary people. She's an automaton though and is only capable of spewing forth party policy. There is no space to expand on points because every word that passes her lips is absolutely scripted and disconnected.

How can you possibly know what the lady is surviving on per month? Is she just another layabout like the ones you referred to earlier?

If she cannot handle an unscripted and simple conversation with a normal human being how will she cope with the complexities of the Brexit negotiations? 
    Calm down lad the text in the link clearly states she can't live on £100 a month then clearly there is some kind of administrative error and a mistake has been made. Or is that a bonus on top of some other benefits? I don't think she is getting by on £25 a week and living in a cardboard box.

To be fair every time Teresa tried to speak and answer the woman rudely interrupted her and she couldn't get a word in edgeways and she was not allowed to answer the ladies questions.

watch the clip again she didn't get chance to answer as the woman was so excited.

'we are clearly not getting the entire story'. ..... So you took it upon yourself to kindly fill in the rest?

The lady did nothing but interrupt the script.  Mrs May was therefore outside her comfort zone.

I've watched the clip. The lady was worried, as I'm sure a lot of folk in her position are worried.
    You should watch the clip again mate but take off your rose tinted glasses you were clearly dreaming of rainbow Labour policies the first time you viewed it.

She interrupted Teresa every time she tried to speak she literally could not get a word in edgeways.

Lots of people are worried about losing their Motability cars that are mostly driven by members of their family and cost the tax payer a fortune and is widely openly abused.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    edited May 2017
    holnrew said:

Disagree .. I thought she did OK .. what was she supposed to do? Open her handbag and handout a wad of cash. You can't make policies up in the street. She did better that Farron and his mob when challenged about Brexit one of whom called the voter a fucking idiot .. that's professional, or Corbyn who refused to talk to a veteran who'd come to talk to him and left the old boy to be taunted and insulted by Labour activists. 

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Budgie said:
    capo4th said:

It was one way traffic with someone who had come to have a good moan not learn what the PM might do - the best way to deal with the likes of May is to ask them a simple direct question then shut up and wait for an answer.

She was probably a paid plant to create fake news 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    capo4th said:
    She was probably a paid plant to create fake news 
    I'd give her the benefit of the doubt and say she is genuine and has genuine concerns.

My brother-in-law is disabled and he seems to be treated well - he never moans. I confess I don't know how the benefits system works but the woman did look like she was worried.

Agreed 
    I think she must be the victim of an accounting error which is adding to her anxiety.
    capo4th said:
    I think she must be the victim of an accounting error which is adding to her anxiety.
    May could have shown some empathy by offering to look into her case. If she could have got a word in that is ...

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2017
    capo4th said:
    Budgie said:
    capo4th said:
    Budgie said:
    capo4th said:

You should watch the clip again mate but take off your rose tinted glasses you were clearly dreaming of rainbow Labour policies the first time you viewed it.

She interrupted Teresa every time she tried to speak she literally could not get a word in edgeways.

Lots of people are worried about losing their Motability cars that are mostly driven by members of their family and cost the tax payer a fortune and is widely openly abused.

You should probably watch the clip again but take off your rose tinted glasses. You were clearly dreaming of non-existent Conservative policies the first time you viewed it. 

She interrupted someone who has no idea how to interact beyond party rhetoric.

You actually made up all of the last paragraph...... Lots of vulnerable people are worried about their futures and not just about their ability to get from A to B.

For the love of whatever, please learn how to spell your glorious leader's name correctly, it seriously undermines your contribution

• EvilmagsEvilmags Frets: 5158
    HArdly matters given the margin the Conservatives are going to win by. Corbyn is a nasty snivelling worm who has made a career out of apologising for various terrorist, murderers and anti semetic causes. He is an utter embarassment to UK politics and the sooner him, his revolting chanecellor and the vile and pig shit thick Abbot are as far away from power as possible. The general public seem pretty fed up of being told what to think by a bunch of virtue signalling prigs and wankers who think everyone who disagrees with them is evil. LAbour are so far from power even Micheal Foot would be ashamed 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 6reaction image Wisdom
    Evilmags said:
    HArdly matters given the margin the Conservatives are going to win by. Corbyn is a nasty snivelling worm who has made a career out of apologising for various terrorist, murderers and anti semetic causes. He is an utter embarassment to UK politics and the sooner him, his revolting chanecellor and the vile and pig shit thick Abbot are as far away from power as possible. The general public seem pretty fed up of being told what to think by a bunch of virtue signalling prigs and wankers who think everyone who disagrees with them is evil. LAbour are so far from power even Micheal Foot would be ashamed 
    I reckon that that may be a comment worthy of a 'calm down'! What do you reckon @capo4th ? Haha. 
  • siremoonsiremoon Frets: 1524
    Budgie said:
    Evilmags said:
    I reckon that that may be a comment worthy of a 'calm down'! What do you reckon @capo4th ? Haha. 
    I gave it a wisdom :) :) :) :) :)
    “He is like a man with a fork in a world of soup.” - Noel Gallagher
    Budgie said:
    Evilmags said:
    Defo a LOL WoW and some Wiz there !

This round of Labour politicians are a particularly nasty strain who need to be put out of their misery.
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2344
    capo4th said:
    By the way Thomas I don't consider myself a conservative or a Tory but I feel I have enough world wide experience to know what's right and wrong. I am also very aware when a politician like Jeremy Corbyn is telling people like you what they want to hear without a hope in hell of delivering any of it.

Stay strong Thomas and vote for what you feel is right but make sure it's achieveable in the real world.

Dude you're clearly a tory.. But thanks for your words of wisdom. now just repeat ad nauseum Strong and stable strong and stable. strong and stable.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Tell me again why your voting Labour Thomas and what you think they will actually achieve to help you with your goals in life ?
    edited May 2017
    Fretwired said:
    Budgie said:
    capo4th said:

It was one way traffic with someone who had come to have a good moan not learn what the PM might do - the best way to deal with the likes of May is to ask them a simple direct question then shut up and wait for an answer.
    I can't argue with that. although, she never answers questions, you only have to watch PMQs to see that. Every question is met with the same bland, massaged stats week in week out. She never changes the routine and sadly Corbyn never changes the questions. Sigh.

At some point though, May is going to have to lay down substance and deal with Brexit. Is she capable... I doubt it.

Clearly, the Tories (or Conservatives, if the former offends), are going to win. The best the public can hope for is a better opposition.
    Budgie said:

I can't argue with that. although, she never answers questions, you only have to watch PMQs to see that. Every question is met with the same bland, massaged stats week in week out. She never changes the routine and sadly Corbyn never changes the questions. Sigh.

At some point though, May is going to have to lay down substance and deal with Brexit. Is she capable... I doubt it.

Clearly, the Tories (or Conservatives, if the former offends), are going to win. The best the public can hope for is a better opposition.
    This is how it is done ...

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom