The Theresa May General Election thread (edited)

What's Hot

Comments

• BudgieBudgie Frets: 2112
    edited May 2017
    I assume that s the Howard one... isn't Paxman interviewing May soon? 

*edit... yes, May 29th back to back with Corbyn. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • holnrewholnrew Frets: 8207
    I'd love to see Paxo grill May
    My V key is broken
  • JalapenoJalapeno Frets: 6421
    holnrew said:
    Won't be as much as a car crash as Paxo vs Jezza ;)
    Imagine something sharp and witty here ......

Feedback
  • FretwiredFretwired Frets: 24602
    holnrew said:
    Paxo was a rank amateur compared to Robin Day. May might like to remember Thatcher, who even George Galloway said was a class act who knew her facts and numbers, was not afraid to be interviewed on TV with tough questions. This is her on BBC TV in a 40 minute plus no punches pulled interview. Politicians don't do this any more ...  part of the reason people rated Thatcher.

Remember, it's easier to criticise than create!
  • BudgieBudgie Frets: 2112
    Jalapeno said:
    holnrew said:
    Won't be as much as a car crash as Paxo vs Jezza ;)
    Possibly. May isn't good off script though. She can barely string a coherent sentence together when pressed and often trips over herself. Jezza seems quite calm when speaking about policy.
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    The best way to answer a difficult question is to answer a different question while appearing to answer the original one.

Or 'That's a very good question, and one I'm fully prepared to answer. First, let me say this ... ' and then you turn it to the question you wanted to answer.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29186
    mellowsun said:
    The best way to answer a difficult question is to answer a different question while appearing to answer the original one. 
    Surely the best way to answer a difficult question is to answer it?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 4reaction image Wisdom
    Sporky said:
    mellowsun said:
    You'd have thought so .... :-)

• ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    I love Paxo.

Tbh, I love stuffing in general...
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • mellowsunmellowsun Frets: 2422
    Sporky said:
    mellowsun said:
    You'll never make a politician!
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Jeremy is now providing free childcare and free school meals for all. 

How is is he going to fund this? I hope Diane hasn't been counting all the children who would love free childcare. 

The man is a lunatic free childcare !!! people will be making more babies as I type. 

Jeremy has also said he wants to buy the water companies back along with a Royal Mail and the trains and electricity companies. 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29186
    capo4th said:

Jeremy has also said he wants to buy the water companies back along with a Royal Mail and the trains and electricity companies. 
    ...and I want a pony, and all the Action Men, and a big bag of sweets...
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    capo4th said:

How is is he going to fund this? I hope Diane hasn't been counting all the children who would love free childcare. 

The man is a lunatic free childcare !!! people will be making more babies as I type. 

The West needs to make more babies. Our birth-rates are attrocious which is why we have to import lots of cheap foreign labour.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited May 2017
    capo4th said:

Be fair - he never had a train set as a boy and his father wouldn't let him buy the train stations and utilities when they played Monopoly together as the state should own them. Most guys in old age want a younger woman, a sports car, a guitar but Jeremy wants a train company and a water company to play with ... ;-)

• ChuckManualChuckManual Frets: 692
    Drew_TNBD said:

The West needs to make more babies. Our birth-rates are atrocious which is why we have to import lots of cheap foreign labour.

Now there's a government initiative I'm happy to help out with!   =) =) =)
    Not much of the gear, even less idea.
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    Corbyn is an absolute weapon his policies are wild and reckless he is telling the electorate what they want to hear but it will never ever be implemented. I am staggered that reputable journalists are even prepared to listen to the shite that spews from his mouth on a daily basis.

Does he not remember what happened last time when Labour wasted all the money on silly projects and pipe dreams....

whats next free petrol for the under 25s? 
  • SnapSnap Frets: 6272
    edited May 2017

Evilmags said:
    Image result for Corbyn IRA memes

The UK public will not vote for that...
    What a twat. Worse. I hadn't seen that one. That reveals many things, not least his woefully poor sense of judgement. Yes, its maybe 30 years ago, but is very revealing of this fella's persona. To take that stance, at that time, knowing how deeply offensive it is, blatanly sympathising with terrorism. Regardless of your opinion on British occupation of Ireland, and a united vs two piece Ireland, you would show better judgment, especially as an MP.

Why would anyone want someone like this as PM?
  • thomasw88thomasw88 Frets: 2344
    capo4th said:
    Corbyn is an absolute weapon his policies are wild and reckless he is telling the electorate what they want to hear but it will never ever be implemented. I am staggered that reputable journalists are even prepared to listen to the shite that spews from his mouth on a daily basis.

Does he not remember what happened last time when Labour wasted all the money on silly projects and pipe dreams....

whats next free petrol for the under 25s? 

and he's off again.   strong and stable strong and stable.

• GarthyGarthy Frets: 2268
    Snap said:

Evilmags said:
    Image result for Corbyn IRA memes

The UK public will not vote for that...
    What a twat. Worse. I hadn't seen that one. That reveals many things, not least his woefully poor sense of judgement. Yes, its maybe 30 years ago, but is very revealing of this fella's persona. To take that stance, at that time, knowing how deeply offensive it is, blatanly sympathising with terrorism. Regardless of your opinion on British occupation of Ireland, and a united vs two piece Ireland, you would show better judgment, especially as an MP.

Why would anyone want someone like this as PM?
    Because free money innit.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • dhjdhj Frets: 21
    edited May 2017
    I  consider myself fairly apolitical,  and hadn't made my mind up how to vote. However, over the last few weeks I have unfriended a number of 'friends' who have consistently shared outrageous anti-tory bile and hatred. Ranging from the implications that if you vote tory you are condoning baby killing and/or paedophilia, 'all torys are cunts' and other really articulate and meaningful comments and also videos of people spitting at tory voters. What the hell is going on? I have to say that just on the basis of this I won't be voting Labour. Paraphrasing Groucho, I wouldn't want to be associated with a party of racist, libellous, ignorant and vindictive louts. Given the extremes being snarled and spat before a vote is cast I can only imagine how their bile, anger and hatred may be directed if they actually get into power. Almost speechless.
    Just as were are going to press I notice that a reporter is booed by the crowd at the launch of the Labour manifesto when he asked a question regarding immigration. - WTF is the matter with these people, what happened to rational debate?