Jacking it all in...

What's Hot
12346»

Comments

• peteri said:

I think that it's very easy to forget that, particularly for men who work - the whole new man ideal puts a lot of pressure on working full time and being fully supportive at home You need a relaxing time as much as anyone else.

I can identify with this so much it's unbelievable. SO many comments on this thread that I identify with ; and having two young children I'm in the same boat. It's VERY hard to maintain any guitar consistency with young children at home because you never know when you'll have regular practise time available. Sometimes 20 mins in a week is all I'll get and I try to make the most of it by playing acoustic guitar and giving my fingers a good workout. However , when I get together to play with my mates and do our little band , that's where it's worth the sacrifices to make it happen for me. In years to come I know I'll have time to polish my playing up ; at this time of life for me it's just about maintenance.  I guess what I'm saying is if you can achieve some kind of minimal maintenance and more importantly ENJOYMENT from playing it will pay off for you in the future where you don't have to get out of your chair every 5 mins because a nappy needs changing or a child is heading towards a plug socket. Keep going dude the effort will pay off dividends in the long run ! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • andyozandyoz Frets: 718
    edited October 2017
    What do they say...

"There's nothing like a baby stroller in the hallway to kill musical creativity"
  • CHRISB50CHRISB50 Frets: 4378

To provide an alternative view to a majority of the above posts, perhaps you aren't a guitar guy any more.

The only pressure you feel to be that guy, is the pressure you put on yourself. 

If you're not feeling it anymore. What's the point! 

People change.   

And equally, even if you do stop / have a break, nothing says you can't take it up again in the future.

I sold my only guitar at the beginning of the year. I'll possibly buy another one day but playing the guitar isn't something I'm missing at the moment.

I can't help about the shape I'm in, I can't sing I ain't pretty and my legs are thin

But don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to