Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• gatheredinsonggatheredinsong Frets: 678
    edited June 2021
    Do people use Barbershops/Modele Bs as always on pedals because they clean up fully with the guitar's volume knob, with little loss of perceived volume, or because they just don't need a clean clean tone?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Appreciating that you can't speak for all people, lol. 
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7319
    Do people use Barbershops/Modele Bs as always on pedals because they clean up fully with the guitar's volume knob, with little loss of perceived volume, or because they just don't need a clean clean tone?
    for me personally it's the latter. I have my Modele B set to the cliched "little bit of light break-up" as I increasingly favour that as my default. I then use the Barbershop as my drive, and have a Soviet Muff for even more nuts. 
  • Do people use Barbershops/Modele Bs as always on pedals because they clean up fully with the guitar's volume knob, with little loss of perceived volume, or because they just don't need a clean clean tone?
    for me personally it's the latter. I have my Modele B set to the cliched "little bit of light break-up" as I increasingly favour that as my default. I then use the Barbershop as my drive, and have a Soviet Muff for even more nuts. 
    Cheers. Just wondering if a Modele B under the pedalboard could free up a space on top  ;)
  • KeyrohKeyroh Frets: 59
    Joining in on the Barbershop discussion, it was so good and so necessary I had to sell it so I could get the version without the annoying off button! I've since gone on to become a bit of a JFet gain addict with their accountant and similar but higher gain offerings from Smallsound/Bigsound

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Keyroh said:
    Joining in on the Barbershop discussion, it was so good and so necessary I had to sell it so I could get the version without the annoying off button! I've since gone on to become a bit of a JFet gain addict with their accountant and similar but higher gain offerings from Smallsound/Bigsound

Snap! 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3962
    There’s a lot of love for the Barbershop on this forum. What does it do?
    low to medium gain, nice and transparent. I more or less have 2 of them stacked; a Modele B is an always on version, then I have a Barbershop to add for more juice. 
    It's a cliché, but I'd add that it's got a nice 'amp-like' quality to it, compared to many dirt pedals.
  • Lebarque said:
    low to medium gain, nice and transparent. I more or less have 2 of them stacked; a Modele B is an always on version, then I have a Barbershop to add for more juice. 
    It's a cliché, but I'd add that it's got a nice 'amp-like' quality to it, compared to many dirt pedals.
    Can the Modele B work for a nice, always-on clean sound, or will it always sound better as a low-gainer?

• A few recent changes - added a BAT LSTR clone in the fuzz spot, added the Bogner Wessex and put my Cornish buffer clone back on as I was definitely losing a bit of high end going through 18 pedals and the associated patch leads
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MikkiMcMurdererMikkiMcMurderer Frets: 352
    edited June 2021
    1reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • slackerslacker Frets: 2275
    I could happily gig with the super duper tm and H9. I'm guessing from the cupboards it's a loft conversion specifically for the pedalboard which is impressive.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Lebarque said:
    Can the Modele B work for a nice, always-on clean sound, or will it always sound better as a low-gainer?
    Oh it definitely can. I do find myself giving it a little crank though. 
  • SpringywheelSpringywheel Frets: 945
    MrSwanson said:
    Some great pedals there! What's top right?
    Black Arts Toneworks - Sarcophagus. Brutal double muff :) 
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12050
    Don’t think I’ve ever posted in this thread! 

My current setup/mess

Who makes that little wooden board with 3 pedals
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 13036
    Keyroh said:

Blinkin' 'eck. 

As a big fan of the Smallsound/Bigsound Mini, how do the Barbershop and the F**K compare to it? 
  • JotaJota Frets: 465
    edited June 2021
    Decided to move away from the pedaltrain board and did this:

• KeyrohKeyroh Frets: 59
    Keyroh said:

Blinkin' 'eck. 

As a big fan of the Smallsound/Bigsound Mini, how do the Barbershop and the F**K compare to it? 
    I'd say the Mini is the highest gain of the 3, currently set as my dedicated fuzz, but the F*ck is a close second. 
    The F*ck has (I believe) the same gain structure as the mini. It has a powerful high cut knob which is simple but a good enough eq for what it is. The 'Boom' switch is what sets it apart, it's a really fun momentary feature that adds this crackly modulation to your signal, I set it light with a moderate threshold as it can easily become too much.
    I don't think I can say anything that hasn't been said about the Barbershop, but comparing directly to the Mini, there's much less maximum gain and it's the most natural sounding of the 3 in my opinion. The sag knob is comparable to the Mini's bias knob but more subtle.
  • meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10340
    Looks like a great board for country and western 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DoctorXDoctorX Frets: 393
  • tekbowtekbow Frets: 1699
    Latest, possibly final incarnation In the Sense that everything i want to be there is there.

Pre and routing on the board (plus 2 gates) and wet stereo post handled by the GT1000CORE.

not wired up as I literally only started setting up my music room yesterday.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom