Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3689
    Latest incarnation. Lost the Joyo PXL Pro for now as it doesn't really suit the band  currently playing in. It'll make a comeback I;me sure. Current board is as follows:
    Plutoneium Chi WahWah >
    TC Polytune >
    EHX Soul Preacher compresssor >
    EHX Soul Food for mild break-up>
    Xotix SL Drive for crunch >
    Boss FZ5 fuzz >
    Xtotic EP Booster for clean(ish) boost >
    Boss FB2 for mid-hump boost and drive plus instant feedback
    This goes into the clean channel of an Egnater Rebel 30 212
    The Zoom G3 is in the effects loop takes care of modulations and delays as follows:
    Phaser
    Chorus
    Tape Echo (250ms low repeats)
    Digital Delay (230ms high repeats)
    Acoustic simulator
    Analogue delay (100ms slapback)
    All powered from a Harley Benton PowerPlant Jr which has isolated outlets. The Zoom G3 is using a two-into-one current doubler as it says it wants 500ma (it doesn't - it can run off 250ma). The Boss FZ5 and the Polytune have their own outlets as digital pedals and the Chi WahWah runs off the daisychain outlet from the Polytune. All the rest run off a Mooer daisychain with right-angle plugs from the remaining output. All installed on a Pedaltrain 1.

I have to say I'm fairly happy with this now. Whether I'm using a LP or a Tele I can get pretty much every sound I need in the rock covers band I play in.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgansamzadgan Frets: 1471
    edited August 2014
    Drew_fx said:
    @Drew_fx mate, how are you liking the Flashback x4? 

i've been thinking about more delay on my board...i like the 3 presets and the looper functionality.
  • Still gutted about the mix knob on the Timeline...

Ouch, how'd that happen?
    I don't know. My pedalboard got packed away after a show at a festival and when I got back, opened it to that...

In fairness, I have been in touch with Strymon and they were about to send me some replacement knobs. However I haven't heard back since...
  • smudge_ladsmudge_lad Frets: 761
    edited August 2014
    My latest board for tomorrow's gig. Finally got my SD-2 back on the board, great pedal!

http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k100/keir_smith/6897F724-AA74-47A0-A2EC-16F6D960E5DD.jpg

@vasselmeyer - how's the FB2? Always fancied one myself!
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3689
    edited August 2014
    @smudge_lad I really like it. I was writing an answer about it here but it turned into a full review, so I've posted it over on the FX forum here:
  • shuikitshuikit Frets: 224
    A little update and rearrange. Also got pedaltrain boosters for the back row

photo IMG_20140821_17572_edit_1408642765324.jpg
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    samzadgan said:
    Drew_fx said:

i've been thinking about more delay on my board...i like the 3 presets and the looper functionality.
    Hey matey, sorry I missed this. Was up to my nuts in guts in Malta!

But yes, I am really digging the X4. The looper is good, but I'm not using it much. I've got a very digital preset, a reversed preset, and a very analog resonating oscillating preset.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Drew_fx said:
    samzadgan said:
    Drew_fx said:

Hey matey, sorry I missed this. Was up to my nuts in guts in Malta!

But yes, I am really digging the X4. The looper is good, but I'm not using it much. I've got a very digital preset, a reversed preset, and a very analog resonating oscillating preset.
    thanks man. I'm trying to decide between having this delay option, or having 2 delay pedals and a volume pedal.
  • allicioallicio Frets: 221
    alanbass1 said:
    my good god!!
  • capo4thcapo4th Frets: 4437
    That's a board I could play for a while
  • JayGeeJayGee Frets: 1358
    edited August 2014
    https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-RYeyp5TXn4U/U_ixyqYWn3I/AAAAAAAAAZs/WKoE-IA_8CU/w897-h673-no/P1000886.JPG

Kind of humble compared with some of the stuff on here but it works. This evening will be first time out with a newly acquired Les Lius clone, if it sounds half as nice at stage volume as it does in my office I'll be a happy man :-)

Signal goes from the guitar into the Korg Pitchblack tuner (top right) and thence into the Danelectro Coolcat Fuzz (the pink one), the Les Lius clone (blue one with 2 footswitches and two knobs), to the Rothwell Hellbender (dull grey one), and finally the Boo Tremelo (silvery one top left) before reaching the amp (Mesa 5:25 Express).

FX send from the amp goes to the Danelectro Coolcat Vibe (greenish one bottom right), then the ancient (I bought it in 1983!) Yamaha CH-01 chorus (fine sounding pedal!), then the line 6 Echo Park delay, and finally the EH LPB (bottom left) which is set to give a level boost for solos and back to the amp's FX return.

The board itself is a Gator Pedal Tote which comes with a neat power supply stashed underneat and a substantial semi-rigid "gig bag" style case.

Nothing wildly exotic but beween that and the Mesa 5:25 I can cover quite a lot of ground without getting confused or having to do too much tap dancing so I'm pretty happy with it for the moment.
    Don't ask me, I just play the damned thing...
  • http://i1150.photobucket.com/albums/o605/banjo74/82C663C5-DE2B-4524-A85B-31B9F4A5EF46_zpshdinxd2j.jpg

Boss TU-3>Dunlop wah>EHX soulfood>Fredric effects harmonic percolator>North effects green Russian>EHX neo mistress>Line 6 verbzilla>Line 6 DL4 all powered by a pedal power 2 on a pedal train 2 board.
  • BidleyBidley Frets: 2959
    @badlydrawnbanjo how do you like the Neo Mistress? It's one I've not tried yet.
  • Bidley;333128" said:
    @badlydrawnbanjo how do you like the Neo Mistress? It's one I've not tried yet.
    Not a huge range with it. It does what it's asked to do though and I only use it for one song so works for me.
    edited August 2014
    latest incarnation...i went through a bit of revision. bigger better way, palisades replaced my OCD and Pharaoh, Volume pedal as I desperately needed one, new chorus pedal and the Delaylab...got a great deal on it and its amazing!

Tuner -> comp -> Wah -> Palisades -> QM -> Volume -> Phaser -> Trem -> Chorus -> Delay
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    @samzadgan Finally, someone else that has a DelayLab!
    @shark_eyes
    We need to meet up with our delaylabs and discuss settings!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • samzadgan said:
    @shark_eyes
    We need to meet up with our delaylabs and discuss settings!
    I'd be interested in a detailed review :) ;)
    i did a full review of the palisades...but i can't of the same for delaylab...way too much going on with it. Don't get me wrong...very easy to use...but would require some time to write the review.
  • Shark_EyesShark_Eyes Frets: 377
    @ThePrettyDamned I did a quick overview, but there's 30 settings!

@samzadgan I'm up for that! I need to start saving them rather than just fiddling.