Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• LewLew Frets: 1657
    @nickb_boy post your latest pic ;-)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @Lew The latest pic you saw wouldn't count on here as only one board is wired up, the rest all around it is just clutter ;)
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
    edited September 2014

Seeing all these fabulous pro-pedal boards is making me feel very inadequate.   :-<  My board is very basic - a Boss BCB60 with (left to right) Boss GE7, Marshall Echo Head, Marshall Regenerator, Behringer Vintage Tube Overdrive To800, Marshall Guvn'r 2-plus, Boss CS3 Compressor/sustainer, and a Boss Tu12H Tuner.  But at least its compact and easy to carry.  I have to connect the Vox V847-SP wah outside but as its an older battery only unit (I think it looks very cool in Chrome though - polished it up since that pic) that's OK. 

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • you use what works for you @Voxman
    Because a pedal is cheap it does not make it bad ;-)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 5reaction image Wisdom
  • The sheer acreage of some of the boards remains a puzzle to me. I can only presume they are being used by people who only play on decent sized stages ie not me!
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • VoxmanVoxman Frets: 4972
    edited September 2014
    you use what works for you @Voxman
    Because a pedal is cheap it does not make it bad ;-)

Thanks MBB - and to be fair for a simple bread & butter blues/classic rock player (I don't really play metal or fusion) like me it actually does the job.  The Regenerator is handy as it gives chorus/flanger/phaser/univibe options in one pedal for a bit more versatility.  

Biggest problem I've got is I need to add a noise-gate - but I use everything on there and there's no room left.  So I'm going to have to think about something a little bigger.  I really like the BCB60 case - it's tough, neat, easy to carry, and quick to pack/set-up.  Behringer has totally ripped the Boss design off and I've found it makes a bigger version (PB1000) that holds up to 12 compact pedals.  I might upgrade to that, get a mains powered wah, noise gate and still have room for another few pedals if I needed. Ideally, it would be nice to have 2 delays (for long/short) and maybe a dedicated chorus, flanger too.   

I started out with nothing..... but I've still got most of it left (Seasick Steve)
  • RMJRMJ Frets: 1274
    monquixote;345685" said:
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/monquixote/IMAG0629_zpsqmrpvani.jpg

New board with Hot Stone. 

CAE -> Polytune -> SP -> B9 -> LS -> Badass -> Velvet -> Alter Ego -> American Sound -> Flint

I managed to get it all on there, but with a couple of compromises. 

The SP is before the B9, but it buggers up the tracking of the B9 when it's on. 

I'd also rather have the Alter Ego after the American Sound, but as I'm running it clean I doubt it makes much difference. 

I've had to boot the vocal harmony pedal, but I don't know how much I would have ended up using it and I mounted my monitor mix box on the top of the PSU.

Next steps: I have a Carbon Copy coming for a shootout with the TC and I'd quite like to swap the Polytune for a Mini.
    Are you taking the American Sound straight to a PA system or into your amp? I bought one to use as a do box at home but have to fun the level to get anybuseable sound out of it. Of course that means I can't get the fendery cleans out of it. Maybe it's a dodgy one....
  • a bit of re-think...delaylab went back...and back to single delay, but now using the reverb as spacey verb, which is really nice. Also changed the order around completely...almost opposite to before...

comp > volume > Wah > Phaser > Chorus > Trem > Reverb > Delay > Palisades > QM > Tuner

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    edited September 2014 tFB Trader
    RMJ said:
    Are you taking the American Sound straight to a PA system or into your amp? I bought one to use as a do box at home but have to fun the level to get anybuseable sound out of it. Of course that means I can't get the fendery cleans out of it. Maybe it's a dodgy one....
    @RJM It's going into my headphone monitoring. 

You have to have the character and drive on virtually nothing and the level maxed to get anything out of it. I tend to push it a bit with my SP comp.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    citizen68 said:

I've had to boot the vocal harmony pedal, but I don't know how much I would have ended up using it and I mounted my monitor mix box on the top of the PSU.

@monquixote - Whats your view on the vocal harmony pedal? Is it hard to change settings in a live situation & can it be calibrated to work with guitar tuned to Eb? Thanks for any advice - our singer is contemplating getting something similar.
    @citizen68 It's a very impressive piece of kit. 

It's fairly simple in that it takes the key off the incoming chords so it doesn't care how you tune and it has one dial which sets where the two voices are in terms of 3rds or 5ths above or below. 

I usually just set it how I prefered (which was 3rd and 5th above, or 3rd above and below) and then left it, but it's easy enough to twiddle. You can also buy a TC mic which has a button on it to turn the effect on and off.

I'm not really using it as most of the stuff I'm doing doesn't have harmonies on it. I bought it mostly for the compression and reverb, but we've got a better mixer now so that's done on the desk. 
  • @dindude - yeah, that cable routing works a treat. Are those solderless patch cables? If so, which ones?
    <space for hire>
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8629
    @digitalscream it's the Lava solder less kit. They are a little harder to build than George L's but after a couple you get the hang of it, would definately recommend.
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3221
    Latest incarnation, ironically built onto an alloy No Dumping sign, which I found dumped!

Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

1reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • another update .. made everything fit on a diago commuter:

• John_BlackWolfJohn_BlackWolf Frets: 137
    edited September 2014
    Pedaltrain 2 with Moen Gec8 Jr - Before Amp: Line 6 Relay G50 > Hardwire Ht-6 > CAE MC-404 Wah > Tortuga Nepune.  Amp Loop: T-rex Reptile 2.

Moen also controls Channel A/B + Attenuator On/Off on the Orange DD50
  • paulnb57 said:
    Latest incarnation, ironically built onto an alloy No Dumping sign, which I found dumped!

Love it!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • photekphotek Frets: 1507
    edited September 2014
    Not much has changed, Box of Rock has been bumped off in favour of the Model H and the SHO clone takes the boost duties until I can get a Bearfoot Baby Pink booster (thanks @frankus).

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/Markcupra/Pedalboards/a09c166feb190f2d1f0476dea52e9b59_zps6d424fc7.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    All my pedals are here !!! (there is actually enough room to fit in a trem or another analogue delay...) Now waiting for my board to arrive.

2reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom