Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• nickb_boynickb_boy Frets: 1689
    edited October 2014
    not_the_dj;366717" said:
    I don't really know what djent is....I'll head to google/youtube for a musical education...
    @not_the_dj I sense a username change to @not_the_djent coming!
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • @ThePrettyDamned I must be getting old. I looked up your recommendation and found it completely unlistenable  :(
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyer;366743" said:
    @ThePrettyDamned I must be getting old. I looked up your recommendation and found it completely unlistenable  :(
    I don't like the verses much, but the chorus is really good, and a good demo of djent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Updated my board today. I replaced the EHX Soul Food with a Subdecay Liquid Sunshine Mk.III courtesy of @JohnPerry for low gain crunch. Also I A/B'd my Xotic SL Drive with my Mk.1 Guv'nor and, bloody hell, I'd forgotten how good the Guv'nor sounds. I've bumped the SL Drive off for a few gigs, just to see how I like the Guv'nor back on

edited October 2014
    The new board arrived today so I thought I'd start to have fun changing things around and trying it out for size. Still waiting on a riser to store my Cioks power supply under before I can wire up for definite, but this is looking like the final version so far.

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12333
    Neat!
  • FazerFazer Frets: 488
    great pedals there, nick
    whats the little orange/brown one in the bottom left corner?
    and how do the em drive and loaf compare to all the other drives/fuzzes?
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31591
    Here's an update- running 3 amps- Hiwatt Twinolux and Princeton, hence the Lehle

Tone is great.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Gassage;369283" said:
    Here's an update- running 3 amps- Hiwatt Twinolux and Princeton, hence the Lehle

Tone is great.
    Do you run all three together, or one at a time for 3 different tones?

Also, getting massive gear envy. Just so you know.
    edited October 2014
    @theprettydamned

No. I have the 2 Fenders (Twinolux and Princeton) as one option, with the Twin down at the 10w 2 speaker setting. The Princeton sits on top of it so you kind of get the glassy SF sound and the sag of the tweed underneath- my view was it's almost like a woofer and tweater, and it actually works. Then the HIwatt is almost always a standalone. My pedals will have a far greater gain effect into the Fenders than the Hiwatt as the Fenders break up much more easily.

So, it's like 2 options. I often use the Princeton on its own though and it loses NOTHING tonally compared to the boutique Twinolux.

• That's frickin' cool man. 
    edited October 2014
    Tell you what, it doesn't half underline how good those 68 Princeton's are. Honestly, it's every bit the equal of the £2500 Clapton Caeser Diaz made special.

Fazer;369236" said:
    great pedals there, nick

whats the little orange/brown one in the bottom left corner?

and how do the em drive and loaf compare to all the other drives/fuzzes?
    The little pedal is a KO Amps 10 Cent Trem. It's an incredible simple trem that has a great character and can even add a touch of grit.
    The Em Drive has been modded by Pedal Projects but in this set up I'm using it in its original form as a tone enhancer rather than boost or overdrive. It's pretty much an always on pedal for me.
    The Loaf is a really nice fuzz that seems to cut through well. It kind of does it's own thing and is very easy to dial in. Can get quite bright but able to be rolled back for some nice warm overdriven type tones as well. Full on it's a pretty aggressive fiery fuzz.
  • DesVegasDesVegas Frets: 4714
    edited October 2014

I'm picking up a Zoom ms50g on saturday to complete this setup.
    Nothing on there anyway near boutique but i like it.
    ----------
    The board on the right goes into the front of my Bandit 112.

guitar > wah > hardwire poly tuner > hardwire sc-2 > joyo ac tone > mxr smart gate > amp

The middle board and boss me-50 are in the effects loop.

amp > boss dd7 > aria chorus/flanger > ehx lpb1 > muza fd800 > digitech flanger > boss me50 > amp

I'm thinking the zoom ms50 will go between either the aria and boost or after the me50. We shall see (read hear) when it gets here.
    ----------
    Notes - Both boards are stolen from my two year old daughter. I'm sure you'll all agree my gas needs far outweigh her education ;)

That should be it but i do like the idea of the bbe sonic stomp etc etc in the midst of life we are in death etc
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • longilongi Frets: 95
    edited October 2014
    DesVegas;374098" said:

I'm picking up a Zoom ms50g on saturday to complete this setup.
    Nothing on there anyway near boutique but i like it.

And I thought my setup was big! One board bigger than mine, Iike it!!
    ;)
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BBBluesBBBlues Frets: 636
    Gassage said:

Tone is great.

This board looks sweet as! Still liking the Chrono Delay?
  • All my pedals are here !!! (there is actually enough room to fit in a trem or another analogue delay...) Now waiting for my board to arrive.

Wowzers. Do you play a lot of ambient stuff? What do you use the colorbox for and how are finding it?
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Hoping this board will stay as is for a while! Enjoying the Picture Wah and Jam Pedals Fuzz Phrase....my first fuzz:)
  • vizviz Frets: 11041
    Still gutted about the mix knob on the Timeline...

Ouch, how'd that happen?
    I don't know. My pedalboard got packed away after a show at a festival and when I got back, opened it to that...

In fairness, I have been in touch with Strymon and they were about to send me some replacement knobs. However I haven't heard back since...

send them a self-stamped addressed envelope and ask for 3 just in case.
    Roland said: Scales are primarily a tool for categorising knowledge, not a rule for what can or cannot be played.
    Supportact said: [my style is] probably more an accumulation of limitations and bad habits than a 'style'.
  • bens87bens87 Frets: 1
    My main pedalboard. Nothing special really. But does the job. image