Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• Gassage said:
    Tell you what, it doesn't half underline how good those 68 Princeton's are. Honestly, it's every bit the equal of the 2500 Caeser Diaz special.
    Bloody hell, that's fantastic news for guitarists the world over.  

You're not the only one on here with one, I think @darcym has spoke very highly of it.  
    bens87 said:
    My main pedalboard. Nothing special really. But does the job. image
    How do you find the MXR Modified baddass od?

I'm on the lookout for a contender against the boss OD-3. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • bens87bens87 Frets: 1
    I like it. It's great value. I use it with the bump switch on for solos. It does bump the mids which is good but in my setup it seems to bump the lows a bit too much for my liking. So it needs a bit of EQ-ing.
  • terrible picture... 
    I will replace it soon

The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • shadyshady Frets: 252
    Marks out of ten for the Tera Echo @meltedbuzzbox please, I keep looking at 'em for stacking with my Space Echo for ulimate weirdness.
  • @shady I think stacking it with more echo would just make it mushy.

Its a great pedal that responds well to playing dynamics. It has a freeze function too if you hold your foot on it. 
    The trailing noise it makes is awesome. I think it really depends on what you are looking to get out of it. For my use I will give it a 7.5 out of 10. 

If you want to throw on weirdness and you have the space I would go with the delaylab as it pitch shifts, does a 2 way delay, oscillates, does modulated repeats, can do the eterna shimmer sound and a load of other stuff. 

If you want things car crash mental go for a Langtronics Bone collector.
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • shadyshady Frets: 252
    Cheers dude.  I don't really want to shift the Space Echo, but I like the idea of the Tera Echo with another, maybe more straight forward delay pedal going into it....dunno.  Time (heh - see what I did there!) for a 2nd 'fuckaboutary' board possibly...

• you can get a Danelectro echo reel thing. 

Its like a tape delay but when you crank the repeats it can cause chaos. 
  • photekphotek Frets: 1507
    edited October 2014
    http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b371/Markcupra/1807d14b3dd66873ecda6a6e2f97322c_zps71b58851.jpg A couple of changes, Bearfoot baby pink booster replaces SHO clone and Budda Wah replaces Fulltone Clyde. Very happy with both!

Next job is to put the drive pedals at the back as I don't stomp on them and move the tuner and vibe to the middle as I do!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16666
    edited October 2014
    After much arsing about moved everything off the Diago and back onto the old one made out of cornflake boxes as it is a bit roomier. Part of me thinks a Pedaltrain type board would stop all the squeezing of wires but unless all your pedals are if the same type surely here's always some of that? Anyhow, trick here will be no accidental stepping on the expression pedal. http://i1278.photobucket.com/albums/y513/phlplls/Mobile Uploads/2014-10/IMAG0014_zpstl3as71a.jpg
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
    edited October 2014
    photo hosting problems :x Anyhow, might have another go at re arranging them all at some point. ( link comes up and then I refresh and got a blank box)
  • UnorthodoxUnorthodox Frets: 483
    edited October 2014

photo hosting problems :x Anyhow, might have another go at re arranging them all at some point. ( link comes up and then I refresh and got a blank box)
    The URL has a "-" that shouldn't be there (photobucket.com not photo-bucket.com).
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    edited October 2014
    Woohoo! :) Now my thrown together board for all the world to see. Many thanks @Unorthodox .
  • not_the_djnot_the_dj Frets: 7306
    How's the Les Luis clone @EricTheWeary ?
    How's the Les Luis clone @EricTheWeary ?

I haven't got a real one to compare it against so it's hard to say in some ways. I like it, it seems well made and it is very quiet for an OD. The difference between the settings isn't as great as I heard on YouTube demos of the real thing and the extra gain stage doesn't do much unless you have the knob near to max. Having said that I have yet to play around with it through my gigging amp properly, so that might open it up a bit. I have used it on a gig but that was sat low in the mix of a seven piece band so I have almost no idea what it sounded like !
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    I wish they did a MF phase version of those little boxes
  • digitalscreamdigitalscream Frets: 28098
    edited October 2014

Excuse the mess of cables around it...it's practical, but not very neat at home.

Board courtesy of @dindude - the riser is a work of genius, perfectly functional while retaining flexibility. The only thing that's annoying me at the moment is that bloody green cable from the I/O box to the Polytune. I'll get round to making up a longer patch lead at some point.

Anyway...this is a bit of a departure from my normal layout. I usually keep the boost and phaser on the front row, but that requires a single-pedal-sized amp footswitch. With the Decatrol, that's out of the window...I also realised that with the Decatone I very rarely use the Boo Boost any more and the phaser is only used in two songs, so they can be safely relegated to the back row - which is now all the stuff in front of the amp. The delays are in the loop, and of those the Alter Ego gets used the most so it's closest to the Decatrol. In fact...I didn't use the Flashback at all at the last gig. It's kinda there just to fill space...I may stick the Tri Chorus Toneprint on it and just use it as a chorus pedal, but I'm not sure I'll ever really have a use for that.

Getting pretty close to a finalised layout now. As soon as I'm happy with the way it's laid out for three or four gigs in a row, I'll make some patch cables to the exact length I need and put some decent cable routing in.
    <space for hire>
  • dindudedindude Frets: 8629
    Looking good @digitalscream, and good to see the riser holding up, as yours was in effect a prototype.
  • RichValentineRichValentine Frets: 142
    edited October 2014
    Latest and (hopefully) final set up for a while. Finally ticks all the boxes I need for signal alteration, although watch this space :P

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y76/rsavalentine/IMAG0514_zpso42jppc6.jpg

Turbo Tuner > Original Colorsound Fuzz Wah > Analogman Juicer Compressor (amazing) > Drybell Vibe Machine > 1981 Tube Screamer > TC Electronic Flashback x4 (bought for the looper but a decent delay, 9v power. Took my '78 DMM off my board as it is quieter and sounds good enough for home use)
  • darcymdarcym Frets: 1303

here is the rack board

1reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom