Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18329
    tFB Trader
    I did not get on with the Nova Modulator in a live context. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    samzadgan said:
    @drew_fx...what happened to the flashback x4?
    Still got it!

I've modified this one. Switch 1 is on/off and switch 2 scrolls up presets. But I've limited the number of presets to 2, so it basically just A/B's between two states. Works really well live. It's a bit noisy... but fuck it, it's not noticable live and it's a great pedal.
  • I did not get on with the Nova Modulator in a live context. 
    Yup, totally agree with this. 
    Mine ended up being a single effect stomp box. It was an ok pedal but it wasn't executed right. 
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
  • Here's mine, complete with case and a shitty old Boss pedal for size comparison...

No patch leads, no Velcro, no power brick, no cable ties and no mdf!

Yes it's limited, but it suits my needs perfectly and my head won't be turned by the latest drive pedal.

Previously known as stevebrum
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Iamnobody;345104" said:
    ...my head won't be turned by the latest drive pedal.
    I've said this on many occasions! ;)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Iamnobody said:
    Here's mine, complete with case and a shitty old Boss pedal for size comparison...

No patch leads, no Velcro, no power brick, no cable ties and no mdf!

Yes it's limited, but it suits my needs perfectly and my head won't be turned by the latest drive pedal.

It's the only thing I'm really interested in right now. I'm waiting for a few more demo vids to hit the streets, I'd like to hear how it reacts to solid state amps.
  • GassageGassage Frets: 31591
    I'd love one of these IF they'd have maybe had multi voiced distortions- in place of OD a compressor and swapped reverb for their Twister Chorus/Flanger unit. I do love the concept though.

Sage Benado does a good one of these and I gigged the Carl Martin Quattro for ages- it was luch.

*An Official Foo-Approved guitarist since Sept 2023.

• I think you have to include the Tech21 Flyrig in the same category as the EHX  Soul Mate. They're both interesting pedals but I think the Tech21 also has a loop so you could stick mods in it if you wanted.
  • vasselmeyer;345126" said:
    I think you have to include the Tech21 Flyrig in the same category as the EHX  Soul Mate. They're both interesting pedals but I think the Tech21 also has a loop so you could stick mods in it if you wanted.
    The SM has a loop. And will power external pedals. That and the upgraded tuner made me to choose it over both the TRex Magnus & Flyrig.
    Previously known as stevebrum
    tFB Trader
    Drew_fx said:
    I've modified this one. Switch 1 is on/off and switch 2 scrolls up presets. But I've limited the number of presets to 2, so it basically just A/B's between two states. Works really well live. It's a bit noisy... but fuck it, it's not noticable live and it's a great pedal.
    That sounds much more practical. 

I like how it sounds, but it's really hard to remember what all the knobs do in the different effect contexts and having to bend down to change presets is dumb! (I know theoretically you could do it with the foot pedal, but it was realy unreliable)
    tFB Trader
    http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b197/monquixote/IMAG0629_zpsqmrpvani.jpg

New board with Hot Stone. 

CAE -> Polytune -> SP -> B9 -> LS -> Badass -> Velvet -> Alter Ego -> American Sound -> Flint

I managed to get it all on there, but with a couple of compromises. 

The SP is before the B9, but it buggers up the tracking of the B9 when it's on. 

I'd also rather have the Alter Ego after the American Sound, but as I'm running it clean I doubt it makes much difference. 

I've had to boot the vocal harmony pedal, but I don't know how much I would have ended up using it and I mounted my monitor mix box on the top of the PSU.

Next steps: I have a Carbon Copy coming for a shootout with the TC and I'd quite like to swap the Polytune for a Mini.
  • SP Compressor...what do you think of it?

I've been thinking about those...I have the analogman mini bi-comp...and on demo's i don't hear much audible difference, but its a lot smaller that my AM...and for a pedal thats always on, i don't need something that big.
    tFB Trader
    samzadgan said:
    SP Compressor...what do you think of it?
    I think it's the best comp I've ever heard. 

It just sounds exactly like I want a compressor to sound and it's well made and compact. 

What's not to love.

Check out Paul Jackson Jr's demo videos of it. If it's good enough for him, it's good enough for me :)
  • DeijavooDeijavoo Frets: 3308
    I have enough space for 1 small pedal. It's got to be either a SP Compressor or a SHO clone. 
  • Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22446
    Drew_fx said:
    That sounds much more practical. 

I like how it sounds, but it's really hard to remember what all the knobs do in the different effect contexts and having to bend down to change presets is dumb! (I know theoretically you could do it with the foot pedal, but it was realy unreliable)
    Yeah the factory switching config was just utterly bonkers. Also, not to be-labour the point, but the pedal does come with a nice little sticker telling you what the knobs do in each of the modes! :)
    tFB Trader
    Drew_fx said:
    Yeah the factory switching config was just utterly bonkers. Also, not to be-labour the point, but the pedal does come with a nice little sticker telling you what the knobs do in each of the modes! :)
    Unfortunately I have fucked eyes meaning I can't read labels too well in low light so stuff that's overly modal doesn't work well for me.
    It was fine if I had the manual to hand, but it's nice to be able to tweak on the fly.
  • The latest incarnation:

Chain is: guitar-> Korg Pitchblack->DOD FX80b compressor-> Ernie Ball VP Jr.-> Merlin OD (DIY Catalinbread SCOD)-> DIY Catalinbread DLS Mk II OD-> DIY Subdecay Liquid Sunshine Mk II OD-> MXR Phase 100 modified to 'script' spec-> Boss BF-2-> Boss CE-3 (stereo from this point onwards)-> Line 6 Echo Park-> Hardwire DL-8-> Zoom CDR-70-> Hardwire RV-7-> Behringer RV600.

The chorus position changes quite a bit, depending on mood. Popular choices are the Ibanez BCL Bi-Chorus and Behringer CC300 (Boss DC-2 clone)

I need to modify the board so the PSU will fit underneath (and so I can fit a second unit!). The free space will allow me to fit a few more pedals, which will most likely include a Boss HF-2 Hi-Band flanger, Ibanez PT-9 phaser, a DIY Muff of some description and a DIY Green/Matamp amp-in-a-box pedal.
    The FX-80b will most likely be replaced with a DIY opto-compressor and I'm planning to build a stereo Hollis Zombie Chorus with vibrato mod, as it's a nice, versatile pedal.

While I'm  tempted by the Strymon Big Sky, I have a bunch of older Lexicon rack reverbs and an Ursa Major Stargate 323 (my favourite reverb for guitar) , so can't really justify the expense.
    My wife asked me to stop singing Wonderwall.
    I said maybe.....
  • citizen68citizen68 Frets: 172
    edited September 2014

I've had to boot the vocal harmony pedal, but I don't know how much I would have ended up using it and I mounted my monitor mix box on the top of the PSU.

@monquixote - Whats your view on the vocal harmony pedal? Is it hard to change settings in a live situation & can it be calibrated to work with guitar tuned to Eb? Thanks for any advice - our singer is contemplating getting something similar.
    Seemed like a good idea.....

• I use a Boss VE-20 for vocal effects. You just set the key and the box takes care of the rest. We also tune to Eb but, for example, I just set the box to F#maj instead of Gmaj. You can edit the name of the patch to whatever you want.
  • I use the Eventide H1 and don't set the key since the pedal intelligently harmonises with the signal from the guitar - you can set the key, but we play songs in many different ones and so using my approach, I don't need to change pedal settings between songs
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom