Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27141
    Current board (Pedaltrain Classic 2). 4 cable method with the Cloudburst, HoF, Flashback and Chorus in the loop.

May I ask how you like the MXR UniVibe? I read very mixed things about these but quite fancy one as much for the vibrato side as the ‘chorus’ mode. 
    @chromatuna I haven't had any other univibes but I really liked the MXR when I had one. I'm sure it's not as good as the big box 300 quid stuff but it's small and cheap and still sounds good
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • matt_seftonmatt_sefton Frets: 791
    Current board (Pedaltrain Classic 2). 4 cable method with the Cloudburst, HoF, Flashback and Chorus in the loop.

May I ask how you like the MXR UniVibe? I read very mixed things about these but quite fancy one as much for the vibrato side as the ‘chorus’ mode. 
    I really like it but I rarely use the vibrato only mode. I don’t know if it’s just my pedal but engaging the vibe switch seems to do very little to the sound. For the classic Trower sound it works great. I picked it up cheap (about £80 used I seem to remember) so compared to most univibes it’s good value 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • chromatunachromatuna Frets: 372
    Thank you @stickyfiddle and @matt_sefton ;
    This is the truth from hillbilly guitars!

• Only thing I really want at the moment is a Gen Loss but currently saving for a new amp
    0reaction image LOL 7reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • brojanglesbrojangles Frets: 362
    edited January 23
    OK, I chickened out of going the multifx route and replaced my stolen board with one that's, for me, pretty massive - 

-
    0reaction image LOL 5reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • UnclePsychosisUnclePsychosis Frets: 12927
    @brojangles what board is that? What size is it? Cheers
    Right. I'm setting myself a challenge of not changing this for 2024.

Really happy with the sounds, but putting it together has really reinforced how much I hate pedalboards and everything about them. Cables. Power. Routing. Ugh. Its all awful and I hate it. I want magic pedals that don't need power or cables...

0reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • brojanglesbrojangles Frets: 362
    @UnclePsychosis Fender Professional, small. 
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 979

Really happy with the sounds, but putting it together has really reinforced how much I hate pedalboards and everything about them. Cables. Power. Routing. Ugh. Its all awful and I hate it. I want magic pedals that don't need power or cables...

That looks very versatile. Can I ask how you're using the line switcher? 
  • ElectricXIIElectricXII Frets: 1134

That looks very versatile. Can I ask how you're using the line switcher? 
    You beat me to it!
    Not very excitingly I'm afraid.

Its right at the end of the chain. I use it to let me plug my board into other things (eg PC interface) without unplugging from my amp. At some point I may use it to plug into two amps at once but I doubt I'll bother  =)
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 979

Its right at the end of the chain. I use it to let me plug my board into other things (eg PC interface) without unplugging from my amp. At some point I may use it to plug into two amps at once but I doubt I'll bother  =)
    Ah I see, that makes sense. I wondered if you might have some mad parallel effects loop set up!

Good board though, obviously a bit of a Way Huge fan. 

Ah I see, that makes sense. I wondered if you might have some mad parallel effects loop set up!

Good board though, obviously a bit of a Way Huge fan. 
    Definitely like some Way Huge. The Red Llama in particular is a thing of genius, but across the board I think they do some good stuff. I guess with companies like Way Huge where there's basically one designer, if you have similar tastes then you're probably on to a winner. 

The sounds are obviously the most important thing but the form factor and the style also work perfectly for me. They also used to be really cheap but they've unfortunately gone up a bit. Some jokers are really taking the piss with their asking prices :-(
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 923

How are you liking the Special Cranker? I just got one and am yet to settle into it kinda.

How are you liking the Special Cranker? I just got one and am yet to settle into it kinda.
    Absolutely love it. One of my all time favourite dirt pedals. 

At the moment I use it as the last pedal in my chain, into a clean amp. So its sort of like a pseudo-dirt channel. Sounds ace.
  • edited January 26
    Not massive and not fancy, but does the job when I'm not using VSTs. Sometimes swap the Tap Delay for the Water Echo, or power one off the Lorcan

https://i.imgur.com/X0cNGLT.jpg
    My youtube music channel is here My youtube aviation channel is here
    0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

Absolutely love it. One of my all time favourite dirt pedals. 

At the moment I use it as the last pedal in my chain, into a clean amp. So its sort of like a pseudo-dirt channel. Sounds ace.
    Thanks! Yeah, that's how I was using my Speaker Cranker clone, so thought this would be an upgrade but doesn't quite sound as good at low gain settings. Sounds great dirtier though. 
    I never tried the original one, unfortunately.

I've also heard that the Special Cranker is good on bass but haven't tried that yet. 
    I never tried the original one, unfortunately.

I've also heard that the Special Cranker is good on bass but haven't tried that yet. 
    Yeah, it sounds ace on my baritone, so I can believe it for bass
  • JezWyndJezWynd Frets: 6095
    Rejigged my pedalboard for bass guitar. Recent acquisition the Recovery Phase, a Phase /Trem, is the first phaser I'm truly happy with for bass guitar and works really well in tandem with the Pog2. I had planned to ditch the EBS Trem pedal but it too works really well with the phaser so now I have two trems. The micro comp at the start has a distortion control, that although very basic, works really well to boost the harmonic content of the Pog2. If I could find a fuzz it would all be perfect...

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom