Behold my massive board of pedals

What's Hot

Comments

• robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3049
    I picked up the Boss Harmonist PS-6 recently, mostly to do the intro to "Lonely Boy" by The Black Keys.

Last night, at about 23:45, I foolishly thought: "I'll just throw that PS-6 on my board ready for the rehearsal tomorrow".

It started out on a Diago Commuter board, but I ended up ripping it all apart and re-building on a Pedaltrain Pro board, adding a whole bunch of pedals (RMC10 wah, Pico POG, Schweinfleische, Timmy, Echoman, and the CPB patch box. I had to make up around half a dozen patch cables, and I re-did all the power too (3 x Gigrig Isolators fed from a Distrobutor + Johnny Roadhouse power brick). I finished around 03:30!

Here's the result:

I'm not finished yet - I just picked up a Duke of Tone today from @tomajoha which I'll squeeze on somehow.

The daft thing is, I'll use a Helix Rack when we do any gigs! :lol: 

R.
    0reaction image LOL 4reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 978
    I picked up the Boss Harmonist PS-6 recently, mostly to do the intro to "Lonely Boy" by The Black Keys.

Last night, at about 23:45, I foolishly thought: "I'll just throw that PS-6 on my board ready for the rehearsal tomorrow".

It started out on a Diago Commuter board, but I ended up ripping it all apart and re-building on a Pedaltrain Pro board, adding a whole bunch of pedals (RMC10 wah, Pico POG, Schweinfleische, Timmy, Echoman, and the CPB patch box. I had to make up around half a dozen patch cables, and I re-did all the power too (3 x Gigrig Isolators fed from a Distrobutor + Johnny Roadhouse power brick). I finished around 03:30!

Here's the result:

I'm not finished yet - I just picked up a Duke of Tone today from @tomajoha which I'll squeeze on somehow.

R.
    Nice! How do you like the Echoman. I picked one up from here a while back and I really like it so far. My favourite delay is DOD Rubberneck but it's a bit big to go on my live board. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • solarsolar Frets: 174
    Time for another rejig.. a bit simpler:

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • That looks fun!
  • AntonHunterAntonHunter Frets: 923
    solar said:
    Time for another rejig.. a bit simpler:

Want.
  • downbytheriverdownbytheriver Frets: 1049
    Total rework - now that gigging seems to be in my past this is more of a home board and just does what I want - after a massive clear out this is very nearly every pedal I have left, but these survived for a reason. Needs a tuner (Peterson mini?) and just maybe my fuzz pedal (Goliath fx mk3 tonebender). Then it needs structure and tidiness but I’m really enjoying playing with it (having also put 50 years of valve amps behind me it goes through a Session 5E3 Extra, which needs a new speaker - open to suggestions) 

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • robinbowesrobinbowes Frets: 3049

Here's the result:

R.
    Nice! How do you like the Echoman. I picked one up from here a while back and I really like it so far. My favourite delay is DOD Rubberneck but it's a bit big to go on my live board. 
    I'll be honest - I don't really do much with delay. It's either a slapback (the 30ms does that well) or a few low-level repeats that are barely audible. In other words, the Echoman works fine for that, but I don't use it in the same way that, say, The Edge or Ed O'Brien might.

Here's the result:

R.
    I'll be honest - I don't really do much with delay. It's either a slapback (the 30ms does that well) or a few low-level repeats that are barely audible. In other words, the Echoman works fine for that, but I don't use it in the same way that, say, The Edge or Ed O'Brien might.
    Almost the opposite of what I do with it then! I have a longish delay with loads of repeats on the edge of oscillation, with a volume pedal for big washes. I went down a bit of an analogue delay rabbit hole and I was surprised how good it was given the size and cost. 
  • KebabkidKebabkid Frets: 3313
    edited April 1

Some newies and considering I'm a bit OCD (straighten pictures, like order), my board looks shocking!!!!!

The Boss SDE3000 EVH which is a superb delay with very nice, warm and useable presets straight out of the box. The built-in Noise Suppressor is great and not available on the regular SDE3000 and I'm not using W/D/W

The Wampler Mini Ego has proved to be a good 'Always On' Compressor and has lower floor noise to my Keeley

The JHS AT is back on the board and I still find this the most amp-like of MIAB pedals

The TC Arena is a great Reverb pedal and the custom presets are very useable and there's some great Plate-based sounds

Finally, if the new Zoom MS-70CDR+ matches or even improves against the old one here, that will go on my board and replace it.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • BouvierBouvier Frets: 86
    The latest incarnation of my board.   Need to suss out how to fit a Shin-El Vibe and a pair of R2R Electric pedals.   May be I just need a bigger board.    Got one of the pedal board kits at the Birmingham guitar show and can say it was easy to do and makes a great pedal riser as well.May be an image of text
    0reaction image LOL 10reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • KeefyKeefy Frets: 2289
    Bouvier said:
    The latest incarnation of my board.   Need to suss out how to fit a Shin-El Vibe and a pair of R2R Electric pedals.   May be I just need a bigger board.    Got one of the pedal board kits at the Birmingham guitar show and can say it was easy to do and makes a great pedal riser as well.May be an image of text

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Bouvier said:
    Ooof! Is that a Binson Echorec pedal I see? Is it amazing?? 
  • BouvierBouvier Frets: 86
    Bouvier said:
    The latest incarnation of my board.   Need to suss out how to fit a Shin-El Vibe and a pair of R2R Electric pedals.   May be I just need a bigger board.    Got one of the pedal board kits at the Birmingham guitar show and can say it was easy to do and makes a great pedal riser as well.
    Ooof! Is that a Binson Echorec pedal I see? Is it amazing?? 
    Yes it is the T-Rex Echorec.   Without doubt the best delay/echo pedal I have used.   Is it worth the high purchase price, well it's cheaper, quieter and more reliable than an original.  So yes.  
  • snowblindsnowblind Frets: 294
    edited March 21
    Latest iteration of the travelling board.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1C6zFEzBxaZoo_kOzIb9niMpxKCWy57kz/view?usp=sharing

Power block is underneath. Although somewhat put to shame by the previous post. Echorec. Mmmmmmmmmm
    Old, overweight and badly maintained. Unlike my amps which are just old and overweight.
  • MajorscaleMajorscale Frets: 1563
    edited March 22
    Big changes for the home board....

0reaction image LOL 8reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Kent747Kent747 Frets: 261

Love this. 
  • Kent747Kent747 Frets: 261
    edited March 23
    Maybe too many Hudsons on mine. Just moved to the newest Cioks Ciokolate power supply. Everything at their max voltage. 

0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • edenfield99edenfield99 Frets: 349

Lovely 
  • WazmeisterWazmeister Frets: 9583

Propa board that - love it.

Great amp too. Congrats.
  • tone1tone1 Frets: 5175
    Just wired my lot up to a QMX6 that I’ve had for about a year….powered by a Cioks DC7 & with Evidence Audio cables….we have a Lovepedal Les Lius > Re-housed Palmer Solid Metal Distortion > Sweet Sound Mojo Vibe > CE2 Chorus > DD2 delay > Cornell Romany Plus…..

https://i.imgur.com/Serc2Me.jpg
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom