My current chaotic mess: 
    IMG_6002.jpeg 161.4K
    0reaction image LOL 3reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • NickBNickB Frets: 269
    Nice reverb pedal! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • GavRichListGavRichList Frets: 7304
    edited March 24
    My board over the course of this week, has been totally demolished and had some pretty substantial changes which are almost imperceptible to the untrained eye…

The planning: 
    (couple of tweaks since then; Twin has become Deluxe, and the two amps switched around, and have swapped the Modele B and Accountant round)

Proof of concept:

Reassembly:

What lies beneath:

…and finally, basking in the glory:

My back is knackered from lifting it up a billion times now D
    1reaction image LOL 16reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeyeplayerTeyeplayer Frets: 3324
    edited March 24
    My board over the course of this week, has been totally demolished and had some pretty substantial changes which are almost imperceptible to the untrained eye…

The planning: 
    (couple of tweaks since then; Twin has become Deluxe, and the two amps switched around, and have swapped the Modele B and Accountant round)

Proof of concept:

Reassembly:

What lies beneath:

That looks immense! 
    Has reminded me that I really need to pick up a Bright onion ab/y, for my ac30 / Tremlord combination to be at its best.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Thanks man. It’s given me a wet/dry setup which still allows for my looper to be at the end of the chain capturing both… which is a headfuck to achieve :D
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 1059
    Thanks man. It’s given me a wet/dry setup which still allows for my looper to be at the end of the chain capturing both… which is a headfuck to achieve :D
    That sounds really cool. So, the looper will let you loop both wet and dry signals as one, but still keeps them separate so they then go to the ABY where you can select to have both signals go to one amp, or wet to one amp and dry to the other. Is that it? 
    That sounds really cool. So, the looper will let you loop both wet and dry signals as one, but still keeps them separate so they then go to the ABY where you can select to have both signals go to one amp, or wet to one amp and dry to the other. Is that it? 
    Close. The looper routes independently through its two ins and two outs, but records both. The ABY is after one of the outs but is just there for its ground lift and phase flip options. The routing takes all the cleverness to the cinco cinco where I have one output for the wet amp, and another for the dry… so I can just use the first one if I’m using only one amp. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • SupportactSupportact Frets: 1059
    Close. The looper routes independently through its two ins and two outs, but records both. The ABY is after one of the outs but is just there for its ground lift and phase flip options. The routing takes all the cleverness to the cinco cinco where I have one output for the wet amp, and another for the dry… so I can just use the first one if I’m using only one amp. 
    That is clever, I hadn't seen the Cinco Cinco before. A lot of thought has gone into this clearly. 
    That is clever, I hadn't seen the Cinco Cinco before. A lot of thought has gone into this clearly. 
    Some would say too much :D
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LebarqueLebarque Frets: 3958

The planning: 

Proof of concept:

Reassembly:

What lies beneath:

Your commitment to pedalboarding is heroic. Bravo, sir.

Ps. The diagram had me on the vinegar strokes.
    3reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • jca74jca74 Frets: 371
    ...and you even have the persian rug...
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 380
    @GavRichList Lovely setup - I have serious chair envy!

Is the ottoman sturdy enough to sit on to play guitar?

breadfan said:

Yep, very much so. It’s from Onske. You can get cheaper, shitter ones… but the Onske ones are lovely. Obviously you pay for lovely, but they’re cheaper than an original. 
  • breadfanbreadfan Frets: 380
    breadfan said:

Yep, very much so. It’s from Onske. You can get cheaper, shitter ones… but the Onske ones are lovely. Obviously you pay for lovely, but they’re cheaper than an original. 
    Definitely more doable than an original. I've seen some of the cheaper ones & they look just that. 

I think I'm going to have to get one!

• Dan_HalenDan_Halen Frets: 1655
    breadfan said:
    breadfan said:

Definitely more doable than an original. I've seen some of the cheaper ones & they look just that. 

I think I'm going to have to get one!
    Treat yourself. I’ve got a repro I’ve had for about 10 years and it’s superb. So comfy - like a big hug for your body. The footstool is rock solid as well - often use it as a stool when practicing.

Oh… nice pedals as well (or something back on topic!)  =)
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RevolutionsRevolutions Frets: 325
    @GavRichList - so much wow. But one question: how come you need the ABY from the looper to the Marshall, and is it underneath the board?
    @GavRichList - so much wow. But one question: how come you need the ABY from the looper to the Marshall, and is it underneath the board?
    Yeah it is underneath. You get ground hum on a two amp setup if you don’t remove it, so it’s doing the job of a humdinger. Also correcting the phase, again like a humdinger. Basically I had an ABY and didn’t want to fork out for the humdinger :D you need to isolate the second amp or some such. It’s all very technical. Apparently. Crucially, it works though. 
  • @GavRichList that board looks amazing (as does your set up). My brain just about followed that diagram. 
    @GavRichList that board looks amazing (as does your set up). My brain just about followed that diagram. 
    I went a little “other” whilst drawing it :D