Feedback

What's Hot

Comments

• Can we have another Home button?

Adding another 'Home' button at the bottom of each thread page would save my finger from having to scroll upwards to get to the top again.

This might result in my trackball lasting much longer and saving many of the plastic trees it was made from.

Or maybe a drop down menu for all sections instead.

ta muchly!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Can we have another Home button?

Adding another 'Home' button at the bottom of each thread page would save my finger from having to scroll upwards to get to the top again.

This might result in my trackball lasting much longer and saving many of the plastic trees it was made from.

Or maybe a drop down menu for all sections instead.

ta muchly!
    You could also use the little "up" arrow on the right of the header of all comments. ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Well fuck me over a table and call me Lucy!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• Well fuck me over a table and call me Lucy!
    I'll pass but thanks for the offer. :D
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29173
    johnnyurq said:
    Cheers @Sporky.

Sadly no black x comes up when I do this on any posts there. Although rather strangely one I posted in reply I managed to delete by a "delete" hyperlink at the bottom of the post, but nowt appears on the other 2 remaining posts at all.

They were posted by others and I wonder if that is why I cannot delete them.
    Ah - that could be it!
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33984
    Can we get polls?

I went to create one but we don't see to have them.
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33984
    Also, may I suggest we overhaul search?
    It would be good to be able to search thread titles, or search messages form one person.
    I can't find the Breaking Bad thread because search shows me all the threads that mention 'breaking' or 'bad', which is a lot.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17901
    tFB Trader
    octatonic said:
    It would be good to be able to search thread titles, or search messages form one person.
    I can't find the Breaking Bad thread because search shows me all the threads that mention 'breaking' or 'bad', which is a lot.
    I spent about a day as did DS trying to get advanced search working, but the plugin seems to be fucked. 
    That means we are limited to MySQL text searching until we work out how to fix it.
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    edited October 2013
    @octatonic said:
    What about a Google search using - site:http://www.thefretboard.co.uk/ "breaking bad" - for octatonics query (top hit on page 1) or whatever search term is needed, more specific the better, and "quotes" to find word chains.

Do you know how often Google bots update theFretBoard?  (as that will affect the time accuracy / recency of searches)

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4316
    I had trouble posting from my Android (admitedly 2 yr old HTC Desire HD) phone whilst away on holiday. The page renders correctly but click in the 'Leave a Comment' box and you can't type anything.

Anyone else experience this?
  • Just an observation regarding a couple of topics in OT that could perhaps be better placed in Speakers Corner -

Should we discuss a rule where any political discussion should be posted in Speakers Corner?
  • martinwmartinw Frets: 2149
    tFB Trader

Sorry if this is in one of the other threads...couldn't find it.

I'm not getting email notifications, despite having the right boxes ticked in my profile.

Is it just me?

• martinw said:

Sorry if this is in one of the other threads...couldn't find it.

I'm not getting email notifications, despite having the right boxes ticked in my profile.

Is it just me?

Is it that you've never received them, or that you've stopped receiving them recently?
    <space for hire>
    tFB Trader
    Never received them. I don't like to make a fuss...
  • martinw said:
    OK...in that case, have you checked your spam filter? A lot seem to end up in there, for some reason (particularly on Hotmail and Virgin).
    <space for hire>
    tFB Trader
    martinw said:
    OK...in that case, have you checked your spam filter? A lot seem to end up in there, for some reason (particularly on Hotmail and Virgin).

Yep, nowt in there. Checked on server too. Nada.
    tFB Trader

Ah. I lied.

Found them in spam filter on server!! 

• SporkySporky Frets: 29173
    You... lied? To us?

:-<
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    tFB Trader
    Sorted now thanks! :)
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1959

How about a rule that people should not comment on sale prices in the classifieds? (I know, it's covered under rule #1...)

The old forum was full of people dragging up shitty examples from eBay and inferring that people were asking too much. Frequently people would compare something that had been well gigged for 5 years and trying to force people who were selling mint gear at that price.. I know it raises eyebrows when people ask top end prices for stuff, but implying someone is asking too much in an open forum and then shrugging it off with 'It's the state of the market' is IMHO 'poor form'.

I guess exceptions would have to be made for anything bogus.

What do people think?

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom