Feedback

What's Hot

Comments

• ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Cheers Sporky, I appreciate you getting back on that.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    I'm sure it's been mentioned before - how about tweaking the names of some of the sections so it's more obvious whether you're posting in the classified section instead of discussing amps, guitars and fx.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27971
    I wonder whether we could just preface the titles in the Classifieds section with "££".  That should make it clearer?  
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • guitarfishbayguitarfishbay Frets: 7966
    edited October 2013
    TTony said:
    I wonder whether we could just preface the titles in the Classifieds section with "££".  That should make it clearer?  
    Is this to stop people posting an advert in the gear section then going 'oops'?

I honestly reckon at least some of the time that it is a deliberate attempt to get more views.  That is my experience from other forums anyway.  I'm sure some do it by accident, but I'm not convinced it is always the case.
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    edited October 2013
    TTony said:

I honestly reckon at least some of the time that it is a deliberate attempt to get more views.  That is my experience from other forums anyway.  I'm sure some do it by accident, but I'm not convinced it is always the case.
    I almost exclusively use the "Discussions" page to look for new comments and you can't always tell if a discussion has been started in one of the Classified sections or not.
    Adding something to the names of these sections would definitely help, something as simple as a "(C)" or "[C]", i.e "Guitars [C]".
  • For some reason my posts need to be approved by a moderator?  Have just tried to post twice, wonder if I'll get the same message again.  What did I do?
  • ddlooping said:
    TTony said:

I almost exclusively use the "Discussions" page to look for new comments and you can't always tell if a discussion has been started in one of the Classified sections or not.
    Adding something to the names of these sections would definitely help, something as simple as a "(C)" or "[C]", i.e "Guitars [C]".
    Aha.  I browse by section so always know where I am.  Never used the discussions page, but in this case maybe the standards might work eg -

FS - For sale
    FT - For Trade
    WTB - Want to buy
    Ok, ok, I get your point!! :D
  • Do'h!
    You could edit the duplicates and replace their content by "..." or similar. ;)
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27971
    ddlooping said:
    Or they might just magically disappear.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    edited October 2013
    TTony said:
    ddlooping said:
    Or they might just magically disappear.
    Give me the power, goddammit!!!! :x 

:)
    Hey, I've got the power!!!  :D
    edited October 2013
    :) :D

• Drew_TNBDDrew_TNBD Frets: 22445
    Have I been 'sunk' as a user - many threads that I make that get replies, I never get a notification for... even the non-aggressive, non-churlish, non-envelope pushing, informative ones.
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29146
    I don't think there's any such function in the software.

However, we have seen some glitches in the notification system - I think that's the more likely explanation.
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Sporky said:
    I don't think there's any such function in the software.

However, we have seen some glitches in the notification system - I think that's the more likely explanation.
    I'm seeing your avatar as disappeared and hovering over it says you're banned - what has gone on?  Why is Sporky Banned?

• He prob meant to ban me and his finger slipped...either that or he broker rule 1.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    guitarfishbay said:

I'm seeing your avatar as disappeared and hovering over it says you're banned - what has gone on?  Why is Sporky Banned?
    Me too, weird.  :-/
    Notifications issue: I've noticed that too.  Try bookmarking your own discussions, that seems to work OK for me. For @Drew_fx & others.