Feedback

What's Hot

Comments

• dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    I wonder if it's trying to reference theFB Facebook account - & if there isn't one, that's why the incorrect image is shown?

If it's a setting that's incorrect in our Twitter account, I can change that - I don't think it is, though.
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    @bigjon I've had a chance to have a look at the settings on the Twitter account now, and I can't see anything there that looks like it should be standing in the way of what you've asked, beyond there's no link to theFB Facebook page - which if there isn't one any more, might prove to be a bit tricky :)

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27696
    edited November 2013
    The facebook thumbnail thing is Facebook's algorithm picking up the image it thinks is most suited to be used as a thumb. If you post a link manually to Facebook you can usually choose the thumbnail from all appropriate images on the page but obviously not if it's an auto-cross-post. 

It probably doesn't want to take the header banner thing because that's not remotely close to being square, so the image it's picking is likely the Facebook share button from the top post. Entirely plausible on a GAS thread with big photos it might use one of those but I don't know. Not sure how to change that but I'm sure that's what's happening. Maybe adding the FB logo as an image somewhere at the top of each page would sort it.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    That's very interesting @stickyfiddle - I didn't know that, thank you.

• JookyChapJookyChap Frets: 4234
    Not sure whether it is just me, but it has been happening since we moved into this new gaff and it is a bit irritating.

When I look at the notification links, the little drop-down list under a globe (?) on the left of the page, half of them seem to point at an address starting

"www.thefretboard.co.uk"

and the other half at

"thefretboard.co.uk"

If I follow one of the former, all is find and dandiest, but the www-less links, whilst taking me to the right place, also manage to log me out of the site.

More an irritant than a problem, but...a pain nonetheless

I'm on Firefox under Vista, XP and 7 depending on the time of day, and it happens in all cases. I've tried with Chrome and IE too, for forms sake, and it is the same there.

In summary, Hay-ulp :)

• DougDoug Frets: 172
    Hi, pages seem to load very slowly/lag, since tuesday?
  • octatonicoctatonic Frets: 33958
    "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"
  • johnnyurqjohnnyurq Frets: 1368
    octatonic said:
    "Eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee"

Can I have an E please Bob, and maybe some mandys to follow.
  • imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    TTony said:
    Sorry if this has been covered already but was there any decision made on being able to see which posts were awarded lols/wows/wisdoms etc?
    Not massively important but would be nice to know when I'm being funny/wise/wowsome rather than assuming I am all the time. 
    :P
    I'd assume that you were being funny/wise/wowsome all the time, it's just that others only recognise it some of the time.

We did look at how to implement something like that but I think we concluded that it was a little tricky.  If you consider that some people already have hundreds of LOLs/etc, we'd either have to try to fit a scrollable box in somewhere - and you'd be spending a long time scrolling through it - or we'd have to time expire the info so you can only see which posts had attracted the badge for (say) a week afterwards.  That was technically tricky.
    Thinking about this, I suspect the info gets stored with the post. If that's the case could the user comments page show a count beside each post? I'm not really interested in sorting by LOLs, but it'd be nice to find out where new ones have come from. (Of course, any post that doesn't get a LOL, wow or wisdom I just assume people were finding it hard to decide which one to give it.)
  • Dave_McDave_Mc Frets: 2390
    edited November 2013
    Doug said:
    Hi, pages seem to load very slowly/lag, since tuesday?
    Yeah, not sure the exact day, but it's been a bit slow for me for a few days too. EDIT: seems to be a bit better today, though.
  • MickMick Frets: 98
    Can't post on here using IE11 the posts keep disappearing, lots of querky things going on.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27941
    Mick said:
    Can't post on here using IE11 the posts keep disappearing, lots of querky things going on.

IE11 does seem to be a bigger PoS than usual ...
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • Would it not make more sense / easier for people to avoid potential rip offs by putting the Good and Bad Traders list with their own headings under the classified section rather than just putting it as a sticky under the misc section. Some people might not ever look in there unless they are a regular members.
    Old Is Gold
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Can we have 200 badges as well as 10, 50, 100 please - I used to be in the cubs and I know bitches dig badges.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • frankus said:
    Can we have 200 badges as well as 10, 50, 100 please - I used to be in the cubs and I know bitches dig badges.
    No, Frank, 200 badges would be very infantile. :)
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Okay well how about badges for 200 wisdoms or lols or something.

Also I resent being called infantile - it's not fair and I don't like it - I'm tellin' on you - you are well out of order.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • frankus said:
    Okay well how about badges for 200 wisdoms or lols or something.
    No! :P
  • What about a badge for haveing 10 badges?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • What about a badge for haveing 10 badges?
    No! :P
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27941
    I think we should have a "sticking your tongue out" badge.

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.