Feedback

What's Hot

Comments

• hywelghywelg Frets: 4316
    How many members are there now?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29146
    Lodious said:

How about a rule that people should not comment on sale prices in the classifieds? (I know, it's covered under rule #1...)

We already have a "no harrassment of sellers" rule. I don't see anything wrong with polite, constructive comment on prices; anything beyond that is already covered.
    hywelg said:
    How many members are there now?
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Correction: 913 members - @Sporky, you have to go to the "Users" on the left in the admin area. The numbers under the graph only represent a rolling month...
    <space for hire>
    Doh! Ta chief.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27971
    Sporky said:
    909 actually. 
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
  • TTony said:
    Sporky said:
    909 actually. 
    Ooooo, someone got the banhammer out...
    <space for hire>
  • ChrisMusicChrisMusic Frets: 1133
    Nice one chaps.  Bloody well done to the whole team.
    It's getting way busy around these here parts, I can barely keep up with all the interesting posts.

Build it and they will have come, now onwards and upwards to 1,000 and Champagne all round I recon  
    =D>

• CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549

Is anyone else seeing weirdness with the "Seriously,....Diana..." thread in Speakers Corner? It has had several posts recently but is still listed as having the 11th Oct as the most recent post. Is this some sort of "soft lock" that doesn't completely kill a thread but just withdraws medication so it dies slowly and peacefully?

• Is anyone else seeing weirdness with the "Seriously,....Diana..." thread in Speakers Corner? It has had several posts recently but is still listed as having the 11th Oct as the most recent post. Is this some sort of "soft lock" that doesn't completely kill a thread but just withdraws medication so it dies slowly and peacefully?

I don't know if it's been done on that thread (although it's fairly likely), but the forum software does have the ability to "sink" a thread - it's still there and you can still reply to it, but it doesn't appear in the "recent posts" list and gradually...well, sinks to the bottom. Less drastic than deleting it.
    <space for hire>
  • CabbageCatCabbageCat Frets: 5549

Is anyone else seeing weirdness with the "Seriously,....Diana..." thread in Speakers Corner? It has had several posts recently but is still listed as having the 11th Oct as the most recent post. Is this some sort of "soft lock" that doesn't completely kill a thread but just withdraws medication so it dies slowly and peacefully?

I don't know if it's been done on that thread (although it's fairly likely), but the forum software does have the ability to "sink" a thread - it's still there and you can still reply to it, but it doesn't appear in the "recent posts" list and gradually...well, sinks to the bottom. Less drastic than deleting it.
    Boo. It's a cool thread.
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3964
    One small observation team. I'm spending too much time on here, more time than I ever have on any other forum before. Can you make the site a bit shitter so I don't want to frequent the place as much?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Deadman said:  One small observation team. I'm spending too much time on here, more time than I ever have on any other forum before. Can you make the site a bit shitter so I don't want to frequent the place as much?
    Same problem mate, I don't know where the day goes  :D

• DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3964
    I'm even on it now. On a frigging Saturday night. On my phone.

Boo. It's a cool thread.
    It doesn't seem to have been sunk. I will investigate.
    Sporky said:

I don't know if it's been done on that thread (although it's fairly likely)...
    Boo. It's a cool thread.
    It doesn't seem to have been sunk. I will investigate.
    That's good to hear, while I haven't even looked at the thread, I was concerned about this.
    Any censorship should at least be transparent, and would be a disappointment to me and probably most others here.
    Pressure from external agencies aside, there is little reason I can see for sinking a thread in speakers corner, that's what it's there for.

• monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17888
    tFB Trader
    Any censorship should at least be transparent, 
    Agreed. 
    We have a rule that anything we moderate is noted in the thread.
    Cool, thanks.

Hmm - just checked a different way, and that discussion had been sunk. Sinking is done via an add-on module so doesn't show up in the change log. I've unsunk it.
    Good call @Sporky, thanks, but in the light of comments above, why was it sunk in the first place?

That I don't know, I'm afraid.

Sinking doesn't show up in the logs. Whenever a moderator action is taken it should be noted in the thread at the time - this is one of the rules.