Feedback

What's Hot

Comments

• imaloneimalone Frets: 748
    LOL/Wow/Wisdom: all seem a little excessive. I've seen posts where on another forum I'd quite happily click 'like', but 'Wow' and 'Wisdom' are things I'd only want to tick for an exceptional post ('wow' sounds a bit sycophantic anyway). And my views on LOL... outside this forum it's just a catch-all for 'I want to write something but don't know what, have three letters', any connection to actually laughing is infrequent.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • WezVWezV Frets: 16960
    I am not sure about the separate making and modding sections - they seem a bit stale.   I think it was better having these mixed in with general guitar stuff

of course it could just be that everyone is bored of responding to the stuff I post

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7731
    Hi chaps.

Is there any way the image functionality can be tidied up? I note that it's meant to be possible to simply enter the direct image link but I see lots of posts where that appears to not have worked. This is the only forum I use where I regularly have to click links and view images externally - it seems difficult for people to get right , could it be made easier (or fixed if that's the issue) ?

Ta
    Tim
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7731
    TimmyO said:
    Hi chaps.

Is there any way the image functionality can be tidied up? I note that it's meant to be possible to simply enter the direct image link but I see lots of posts where that appears to not have worked. This is the only forum I use where I regularly have to click links and view images externally - it seems difficult for people to get right , could it be made easier (or fixed if that's the issue) ?

Ta
    Tim
    Actually it looks like it's mostly a problem when you view on mobile - pics that appear as inline pics on a full browser just show as a link on mobile...
    Red ones are better. 
  • John_PJohn_P Frets: 2756
    Just curious - I can remember the people who started TFB  (and thanks for doing so!)  but I think there are some moderators as well?   Is there a list of who does what anywhere?
  • Sorry if this has been covered already but was there any decision made on being able to see which posts were awarded lols/wows/wisdoms etc?
    Not massively important but would be nice to know when I'm being funny/wise/wowsome rather than assuming I am all the time. 
    :P
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27971
    Sorry if this has been covered already but was there any decision made on being able to see which posts were awarded lols/wows/wisdoms etc?
    Not massively important but would be nice to know when I'm being funny/wise/wowsome rather than assuming I am all the time. 
    :P
    I'd assume that you were being funny/wise/wowsome all the time, it's just that others only recognise it some of the time.

We did look at how to implement something like that but I think we concluded that it was a little tricky.  If you consider that some people already have hundreds of LOLs/etc, we'd either have to try to fit a scrollable box in somewhere - and you'd be spending a long time scrolling through it - or we'd have to time expire the info so you can only see which posts had attracted the badge for (say) a week afterwards.  That was technically tricky.
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    John_P said:
    Just curious - I can remember the people who started TFB  (and thanks for doing so!)  but I think there are some moderators as well?   Is there a list of who does what anywhere?
    Started by me, Monquixote, digitalscream and Sporky.

Mods are (currently) ddlooping, Emp_Fab, jalapeno, Lixarto, WYNIRO
  • hywelghywelg Frets: 4316
    You know the '12new' '3 new' yellow labels attached to posts to show errr whats new..... well would it be possible to differentiate between threads that are completely new ie no number before the 'new' and those that have had additonal posts? Would make catching up with whats going on easier. Maybe wholely new threads get a red 'new' whilst others get what we get now?

Ta
  • FazerFazer Frets: 468
    what is the point of 'activity'?

it just seems to be a trap for people who think its a PM system, and then end up wondering why they dont get replied to

personally i dont see the point of it and the extra large activity comment section on everyone's profile page, i think it should be replaced by a PM box, which is what people seem to think it is anyway

and how about just having a clear PM button next to the names on each discussion page
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    when someone tags @ttony he won't know ... does this mean there can be another login for ttony? or should it be that @ tags are case insensitive?
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
    edited November 2013
    @Frankus
    Just testing to see if you get a notification (assuming that you've setup your profile to receive them of course!) of this reply with the capitalised name?
    I got one @ttony - which I didn't think I would.
    I couldn't sign up again as ttony.
  • Just noticed the weekly charts, that's pretty cool.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    TTony said:
    @Frankus
    Just testing to see if you get a notification (assuming that you've setup your profile to receive them of course!) of this reply with the capitalised name?
    I got one @ttony - which I didn't think I would.
    I couldn't sign up again as ttony.
    Hiya, I got one:

TTony mentioned you in Feedback

however I didn't when handsome_chris mentioned me. I might have missed it, I guess.

A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • When I visit the website on Chrome for Windows, I have an odd problem. From the homepage, I tend to open the subforums as new tabs---when I open the first one my whole PC freezes, but only for 2 or 3 seconds. After that, its fine... seems a bit weird.  
  • bigjonbigjon Frets: 681
    When I plug The Fretboard on Twitter and it cross-posts to Facebook, it shows with a very low-res facebook icon next to it instead of a classy TheFretboard logo. Could this be changed?

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n498/bigjon1684/FretboardFbklogo.jpg
  • How do I post videos so that they only show as a letterbox and open up to the full viewing window when moused over?
    That would save some real estate when I post 3 or 4 videos.  I currently paste the YouTube address straight into "here", which gives the full viewing window.  Thanks for your help.

• MickMick Frets: 98
    Can't seem to post using IE11 all I get when I click the "Post Comment" button is this,  Body is required.

If it said Brain is required, I could understand,  IE11 eh, what a fooking noghtmare, :)]
  • dchwhitedchwhite Frets: 182
    bigjon said:
    When I plug The Fretboard on Twitter and it cross-posts to Facebook, it shows with a very low-res facebook icon next to it instead of a classy TheFretboard logo. Could this be changed?

http://i1136.photobucket.com/albums/n498/bigjon1684/FretboardFbklogo.jpg

Do you know if this is to do with the setup of the forum's Facebook account, or theFB Twitter account, please? (Silly question - is theFB still on Facebook? I tried to find it the other day, but failed).
    Stonevibe: 'The best things in life aren't things'.

Trading feedback: Previous (+18) and Current

• bigjonbigjon Frets: 681
    I've no idea! Any techy / social meeja experts out there?