Feedback

What's Hot

Comments

• TimmyO said:
    If that's the only reason, changing the board titles in the classifieds section would solve it with a moment's effort
    I'd be highly in support of this. 

"Classifieds: Guitars" or somesuch?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ddloopingddlooping Frets: 325
    edited December 2013
    TimmyO said:
    If that's the only reason, changing the board titles in the classifieds section would solve it with a moment's effort
    I'd be highly in support of this. 

"Classifieds: Guitars" or somesuch?
    If I remember correctly, the madmins discussed it quite a while ago and the idea was to possibly go for something along the line of
     "Guitars [CL]" or "Guitars [£$]".   
  • frankusfrankus Frets: 4719
    Some time ago I said I get "such and such mentioned you in a post" when I wasn't mentioned - here:

I'm not mentioned btw ;) by TTony.
    A sig-nat-eur? What am I meant to use this for ffs?! Is this thing recording?
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 27941

@monquixote @digitalscream

Can you take a look at Frankus' post above.  I definitely didn't mention him (my post in FX, 1.31pm), and I'm pretty sure that I wasn't even thinking about him at that time.  Yet he appears to have received a "you were mentioned" notification.

Weird ... ???

Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17874
    tFB Trader
    Oooh that's odd. 

I'm not sure how the notification thing works. 

I'll have a peep next time I'm rummaging around. 
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24648
    TTony said:
    I've no idea what the problem is

I'm on vista by the way. 
    Am I the only one thinking .....
    @TTony

Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • xHymnalxHymnal Frets: 255
    edited December 2013
    Can we flag our own threads for deletion? I.e for sale threads?
  • Hymnal said:
    I don't see why not. :)
    However, sale threads are not meant to be deleted (with the odd exception), they are supposed to be left as is for reference purposes, with the prefix "SOLD: " added to the title. ;)
    ddlooping said:
    Hymnal said:
    I don't see why not. :)

We don't - as a rule - delete threads.

As dd says, threads in the Classifieds should be kept to give some sort of guide to prices, and also to act as a bit of a trail as to who's previously bought/owned/sold an individual piece of gear (ie where the same thing is bought & sold a few times through the forum).

In other sections, although you may have started the thread that you're asking to be deleted, you'd also be deleting comments from other people who have replied, which they may object to.

There will always be exceptions, but the general principle is not to delete.
  • Hey guys, I have to say that is an admirable goal, keeping classifieds as reference, and one which I find very useful personally.

However most forumites appear not to have read the guidelines.  The FS/WTB etc are often still missing, as are SOLD prefixes, (all very useful delineators) or often no saying if an item has sold or not, until someone wastes their time asking for that info later on.  Many older items haven't sold, so it does them a disservice too, as assumptions get made.  And clicking on a recently sold item bumped with a "sold" comment is better than not having the comment, but frustrating when the title could easily have been amended to SOLD as well.

BTW can I reserve all those wasted seconds back at the "pearly gates", along with the years spent in traffic jams and waiting at the checkout?

It is so easy with a little consideration to follow, what I view as, well considered guidelines.

Then the OP is deleted, along with pricing information (ideal reference when researching), as well as pictures and links etc. The guys and gals on here are complaining about the loss of information when MR so inconsiderately went down, then perpetuating that behaviour themselves

There is also often a lack of location info, and going to a users profile again shows they either haven't read the bit about adding basic geographic information, or have added some dull flippancy, which says nothing positive about them.  I tend to want to deal in person, especially with more expensive or breakable items, so at that point I usually click away from the sale, as I interpret that as a lack of transparency, which is probably judging the seller harshly, but...

Pictures and helpful descriptive text all help sales, and help returning noobs like me to understand the plethora of effects and amps on the market now, so much better than bland assumptions about prior knowledge.
    While many of us here adhere to guidelines and even add extras like website & review links and YouTube videos, all of which are very helpful in securing a quick sale, many are sadly lacking that level of retail finesse.

Sorry if I sound like I am ending the year by auditioning for TV's "Grumpy Old Men", but it is so easy for people to be considerate and also enhance their chances of a sale...   so "just saying"... 
    :)

• Not sure if this happens to anyone else but if I quote someone, my contribution doesn't appear in the post. I've also noticed any text started on a new line is missing as well.
    This is using safari on an ipad fwiw. 
  • Not sure if this happens to anyone else but if I quote someone, my contribution doesn't appear in the post. I've also noticed any text started on a new line is missing as well.
    Im using Safari on a Mac, and don't see this.  Could be iPad specific but seems odd.

Not sure if this happens to anyone else but if I quote someone, my contribution doesn't appear in the post. I've also noticed any text started on a new line is missing as well.
    Exactly what I use for the majority of my browsing & posting, and have never seen this.

You *are* looking at the enlarged comment box, aren't you??  (That's the right-most icon with 4 black arrows pointing outwards in each corner).

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7711
    ddlooping said:
    TimmyO said:
    I know. :)
    It's also tidier. ;)

Ah, so it's actually about OCD and because you can you will? At least it's and honest answer lol
    Red ones are better. 
  • TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7711
    Issue: when I post on ipad I don't seem to be able to get line breaks For example there should be a gap between the first sentence and this one but isn't... Possible to look in to? Ta Tim
    Red ones are better. 
    tFB Trader
    It's to do with the WYSIWYG editor. 

It should be fixed in the next release coming soon!
  • TimmyO said:
    ddlooping said:

I know. :)
    It's also tidier. ;)

Ah, so it's actually about OCD and because you can you will? At least it's and honest answer lol
    I'm an honest man. :)
    I don't have access to the forum's admin section so I can't change the categories names. ;)
    IMO, the prefixes do make it faster to get what a discussion is about though, regardless of the categories names. 
    tFB Trader
    We can change the names of the classifieds boards if we can come up with something less clumsy than having "classifieds guitar" etc. 
  • TTony said:
    Not sure if this happens to anyone else but if I quote someone, my contribution doesn't appear in the post. I've also noticed any text started on a new line is missing as well.
    Exactly what I use for the majority of my browsing & posting, and have never seen this.

You *are* looking at the enlarged comment box, aren't you??  (That's the right-most icon with 4 black arrows pointing outwards in each corner).

It's the resulting post that doesn't show the text, I can see it while I'm composing it. Here's where it happened (see last two posts):

• LongtallronnieLongtallronnie Frets: 1201
    edited December 2013
    Oddly it worked this time lol. :D

Edit
    I only mentioned as I remember it happening to someone else, it's only happened once to me but thought it might be worth pointing out. :)