Buying a car

What's Hot

Comments

• TTonyTTony Frets: 28042
    (Not a bad choice BTW. ;)   )
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • LastMantraLastMantra Frets: 3825
    What's with the massive arches bumper and light clusters. The back door looks tiny. Can you actually see out the wee window?  :3
  • EricTheWearyEricTheWeary Frets: 16421
    Deadman said:
    I actually like the green, orange and yellow ones. The 'normal' colours don't work on this car for me.
    Yes to this. 
    Tipton is a small fishing village in the borough of Sandwell. 
  • This thread was amusing about 15 pages back.  Now it’s a car crash. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Emp_FabEmp_Fab Frets: 24709
    Nitefly said:
    Our Maud says the first one, yellow.  I think I prefer the blue.

How come there's so much choice of colour on such a "rare" car?

Those are just the colour the manufacturer offered, not the car that Emp have found locally for him to buy tomorrow.  That's before the spec, the mileage, the service history, all the important things when buying a car…but the first criteria he has is…what colour should I get.

For all he knows, the only ones on Autotraders now are all silver.  Or the one with the colour he wants is a CAT D.
    Oh stop it.  There's no need to be sour.  We're just having some fun.  Chill.

For the record, I've already done all the other research.  I can get all of those colours in the spec I want (with a little flexibility on budget in some cases).  Green seems particularly rare though.  I've already narrowed it down to three colours of my choosing - I was just curious what colours other people thought were nice.  I'm still going to buy the colour want though.  ...and as previously stated, if I can't get the car I want this weekend, I'll just pick up a cheap i10 or something on Monday and use that until the car I do want pops up for sale.

Donald Trump needs kicking out of a helicopter

Offset "(Emp) - a little heavy on the hyperbole."
  • steveledzepsteveledzep Frets: 1177
    Good choice of car.  Buy the best one (mileage, history etc.).  You don't see the colour when driving it !

Mrs LedZep drove a Hyundai Coupe for a while, it was the predecessor of the Veloster.  No complaints, beautifully comfortable leather seating,,,,watch the driver's seat bolster for wear.
    P.S. - for the whingers complaining about the thread....   there's a real simple solution to your angst...  when you find your mouse pointer on top of the thread subject - don't click the mouse button!  It works 100% of the time.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Deadman said:
    I actually like the green, orange and yellow ones. The 'normal' colours don't work on this car for me.
    Me too actually.  I also like the white.  I won't get a black, blue or red one.  Possibly a silver, but more likely a yellow, white, green or orange one.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Nice to see some mass produced modern cars that aren't all silver, grey or black, what's with that shit?

Get a red one and a 3 door if possible, the 5 door ones look deformed.
  • TTonyTTony Frets: 28042
    Emp_Fab said:

I've already narrowed it down to three colours of my choosing     

Emp_Fab said:

Possibly a silver, but more likely a yellow, white, green or orange one.
    1. Silver
    2. Yellow
    3. white
    4. Green
    5. Orange

Counting’s really not your thing ...

:D
    Having trouble posting images here?  This might help.
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    A what ?  They do a 5 door ?  I've never seen anything other than '2 doors on the left, 1 door on the right and a boot lid'.

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12059
    Emp_Fab said:
    Nitefly said:
    Our Maud says the first one, yellow.  I think I prefer the blue.

How come there's so much choice of colour on such a "rare" car?

Those are just the colour the manufacturer offered, not the car that Emp have found locally for him to buy tomorrow.  That's before the spec, the mileage, the service history, all the important things when buying a car…but the first criteria he has is…what colour should I get.

For all he knows, the only ones on Autotraders now are all silver.  Or the one with the colour he wants is a CAT D.
    Oh stop it.  There's no need to be sour.  We're just having some fun.  Chill.

For the record, I've already done all the other research.  I can get all of those colours in the spec I want (with a little flexibility on budget in some cases).  Green seems particularly rare though.  I've already narrowed it down to three colours of my choosing - I was just curious what colours other people thought were nice.  I'm still going to buy the colour want though.  ...and as previously stated, if I can't get the car I want this weekend, I'll just pick up a cheap i10 or something on Monday and use that until the car I do want pops up for sale.

I’m just wondering how you picked out your wife out of 3 billion people.

or how you get through your day, the cereal aisle must be a nightmare.
    7reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • OctafishOctafish Frets: 1937
    Oh christ, I just worked out it has two doors on one side and one on the other :lol: , that's a bit different. Also assumed it was a hatchback from the pics, hence the fifth door, look like one from the two door side.  The two doors one side/on the other put me in  mind of one this with it's unequal length doors....

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12059
    Octafish said:
    Oh christ, I just worked out it has two doors on one side and one on the other :lol: , that's a bit different. Also assumed it was a hatchback from the pics, hence the fifth door, look like one from the two door side.  The two doors one side/on the other put me in  mind of one this with it's unequal length doors....

The rear door also opens on the “wrong” side, it would be the right side for left hand drive but not the UK.

i mean it’s different.

• jaytmonjaytmon Frets: 168
    The biggest irony is that despite the frustration with indecision, we are all collectively responsible for (unnecessarily?) dragging this thread into its 23rd page. So having said that I’m with @hywelg - back in another 5 pages
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1492
    48 new posts and still no car?! Marvellous 
  • thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2958
    Whats the bets that he's walking on Tuesday?

Shut yer face you ! 

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DeadmanDeadman Frets: 3967
    edited May 2019
    This just appeared on Gumtree this morning. 16000 miles and 8 service stamps! In Kidderminster.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/hyundai/2012-hyundai-veloster-1.6-4dr/1340784860
  • ICBMICBM Frets: 73095
    RaymondLin said:

The rear door also opens on the “wrong” side, it would be the right side for left hand drive but not the UK.
    Looks like the right side to me. On the pavement side...

It does seem unnecessarily perverse and restrictive though. On the other hand that probably makes it the ideal car for @Emp_Fab :).

"Take these three items, some WD-40, a vise grip, and a roll of duct tape. Any man worth his salt can fix almost any problem with this stuff alone." - Walt Kowalski

"Only two things are infinite - the universe, and human stupidity. And I'm not sure about the universe." - Albert Einstein

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom