PHOTO COMPETITION — COMMENTS THREAD

What's Hot

Comments

• And now a new competition thread is up as well :)

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • westfordwestford Frets: 581
    Well done, that was a great photo!
  • westford said:
    Well done, that was a great photo!
    Thank you. So was yours!

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4536
    Been a few months since I last entered.  888 years between the building in the foreground and the one in the background.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4176
    edited March 2022
    Been a few months since I last entered.  888 years between the building in the foreground and the one in the background.

That's very cool - where is it?

I'm glad there have been some more entries; I was starting to wonder if I'd chosen a really crap theme for the month!

And @Haych I think your shot fits the theme: the idea that I have in mind is based about contrast of colours too

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4536

That's very cool - where is it?

Foreground is Reading Abbey - founded 1121 by Henry I.  Background is 'The Blade' - opened 2009.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• Morning everyone. Just a reminder, today is the last day to enter the March competition.

Here’s the thread :)

• ...and now voting is open in the competition thread :)

• Morning everyone. Hope you're all well... March's winner has just been announced over in the competition thread :)

• It's all happened really quickly this morning - new competition thread is up :)

• I was hoping to get to a little plane graveyard near where I live for this month’s compo, but I’m still waiting to hear back about getting permission, so I’ve only been able to get a shot through the gate:

The shot I’ve gone with instead is a wall I spotted in Ipswich while I was doing a charity walk a couple of weeks ago :) 

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12382
    I was hoping to get to a little plane graveyard near where I live for this month’s compo, but I’m still waiting to hear back about getting permission, so I’ve only been able to get a shot through the gate:

The shot I’ve gone with instead is a wall I spotted in Ipswich while I was doing a charity walk a couple of weeks ago :) 
    Awww, I was looking forward to those plane shots mate. Fingers crossed you get in there, looks like it could be a great place to shoot. 
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4176
    edited April 2022
    I was looking forward to it too @boogieman - I’m still hopeful, but I don’t think it will be in time for the competition. I’ll keep you posted

• Morning everyone. Reminder: it's the last day to post an entry today :)

• HaychHaych Frets: 5641
    Gutted to not have anything to enter, it's a cracking theme but has been a busy month and being stuck indoors for two weeks with covid hasn't helped.

Some great entries though.  Hope to do be in it next month.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

Haych said:
    Gutted to not have anything to enter, it's a cracking theme but has been a busy month and being stuck indoors for two weeks with covid hasn't helped.

I was up against it too… I grabbed my shot on my phone while I was out walking the dog yesterday, followed by a quick and dirty edit in Snapseed. I really should get my DSLR out and do this properly one day.  :)
    boogieman said:
    Haych said:

I was up against it too… I grabbed my shot on my phone while I was out walking the dog yesterday, followed by a quick and dirty edit in Snapseed. I really should get my DSLR out and do this properly one day.  :)
    Difference between you and I is that you can actually take good photographs.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Haych said:
    boogieman said:
    Haych said:

Difference between you and I is that you can actually take good photographs.
    Ha! I’m very self critical of my skillz. I can take a reasonable shot, I think, but personally I don’t think I’m that good. There are people out there with incredible talent. Thanks for the compliment though.  ;)
    My best mate takes some pretty decent shots.  I say best mate, he'll go half way round the country to climb a mountain with a camera but won't drive across town for a coffee:

https://themountainphotographer.co.uk

Haych said:
    My best mate takes some pretty decent shots.  I say best mate, he'll go half way round the country to climb a mountain with a camera but won't drive across town for a coffee:

https://themountainphotographer.co.uk
    Ooof, some absolutely beautiful shots there. Talented guy.