PHOTO COMPETITION — COMMENTS THREAD

What's Hot

Comments

• skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4205
    Just a few hours left to enter this month's competition!
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    Sadly I didn’t manage to submit anything for the May comp despite setting the subject  :/   Far too busy with work to get the camera out. Ironically I had a much needed day off today that I spent at Brands Hatch where there were a lot of objects in motion :D  Too late for the comp though.

Well done to those who did take part. A nice variety of shots all within the theme.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    Jimbro66 said:
    Sadly I didn’t manage to submit anything for the May comp despite setting the subject  :/   Far too busy with work to get the camera out. Ironically I had a much needed day off today that I spent at Brands Hatch where there were a lot of objects in motion :D  Too late for the comp though.

Well done to those who did take part. A nice variety of shots all within the theme.
    That's a shame. Don't forget that you can still vote though!

Remember it’s the last day of voting over in the competition thread today :)

Winner’s just been announced in the competition thread :)

New competition thread is up:

https://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/228948/photo-competition-33-june-2022#latest

(I'll add an image to it later)

• Night photography, tough draw! Especially without flash - almost all of my favourite night or low light photos have a flash in them somewhere.

Looking forward to stretching my skills a bit! 
    I was determined to get out with my camera and do some night photography for this month. Had a thoroughly enjoyable night on Monday; wandered along the seafront, and then popped down to Thorpe Bay as well. As an added bonus, there was an absolutely huge full moon low in the sky. The only problem I had was choosing a favourite for this month's compo! In the end I went with the one that my wife and daughter liked best.

If anyone's interested, the others are here:

• I was determined to get out with my camera and do some night photography for this month. Had a thoroughly enjoyable night on Monday; wandered along the seafront, and then popped down to Thorpe Bay as well. As an added bonus, there was an absolutely huge full moon low in the sky. The only problem I had was choosing a favourite for this month's compo! In the end I went with the one that my wife and daughter liked best.

4th down is beautiful, a lovely composition and minimalist enough for my tastes. Excellent!

I went with a photo from my wedding. I had better compositions but.... Er... I was a bit tipsy and so they were very blurry! This was the sharper one, and I got the exposure right too (for what I wanted). 

Tough month! 
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12434
    edited June 2022
    I was determined to get out with my camera and do some night photography for this month. Had a thoroughly enjoyable night on Monday; wandered along the seafront, and then popped down to Thorpe Bay as well. As an added bonus, there was an absolutely huge full moon low in the sky. The only problem I had was choosing a favourite for this month's compo! In the end I went with the one that my wife and daughter liked best.

I would’ve gone with one of the moon over the sea shots personally, but hey it’s your choice. Some nice shots in there anyway. 

Mine is of the Jubilee beacon on our village green. I had to do some serious editing to get the shot looking even half decent because the health and safety police had deemed it vital to put luminous orange hi-vis barriers all around the bottom of the beacon pole, which ruined the original shot quite a bit. 
    I’ve been busy and a bit stressed with work this week so I didn’t warn you that closing date was coming up… however, voting is now open over in the competition thread :)

Voting closes tonight over in the competition thread, folks :)

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    Voting closes tonight over in the competition thread, folks :)
    Damn! That came round fast and I missed it. In any event, I would have had to declare this month’s comp a draw. So many really good entries.

Night shots are one of my favourite aspects of photography but I had nothing taken in the past year and June means going out after 10.30 - 11.00pm to take any :(  Well done those who managed that.
    edited June 2022
    June's winner has just been announced

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2420
    Photography has taken a back seat for a while but I have studied the basics and understand them more than I did. Hopefully now’s the time to put it in to practice and join in on these competitions again. Seriously, thanks to @skullfunkerry – and forum participants – for keeping it going for the best part of three years  
    Competition thread seems awfully quiet this month... just under a week left if you're interested in entering :)

• HaychHaych Frets: 5692
    I also noticed this.  Ironically, since I chose the theme, I've had something of photographers block (if that's a thing).  Maybe the theme was just junk.  I do have a fallback photo which I set up the other day and which I will submit if I don't get around to doing anything else.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2420
    Photographer’s block is a thing because I’ve had it too. Everywhere I roamed I couldn’t seem to find anything suitable to fit the theme. But I now have two photos to choose from, one of which I took a while ago. Hopefully they fit the bill.