PHOTO COMPETITION — COMMENTS THREAD

What's Hot

Comments

• NiteflyNitefly Frets: 4936
    I can't enter this pic, as my sister took it!  I think it fits the brief very well.

She sent it me last night - they were returning from a day's sailing on the family boat, near Ronneby in southern Sweden, where she lives.  This was taken about 9pm.

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Nitefly said:
    I can't enter this pic, as my sister took it!  I think it fits the brief very well.

She sent it me last night - they were returning from a day's sailing on the family boat, near Ronneby in southern Sweden, where she lives.  This was taken about 9pm.

If everyone else is happy with it (and particularly @Shrews of course) then put it in. It's only a bit of fun isn't it, there's no prize or anything. If it wins, you can let your sister choose next month's theme :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3111
    Yes, it's fine with me @Nitefly!
    Well thanks @skullfunkerry and @Shrews - I'll put it up and let her know.  :+1: 
  • SPECTRUM001SPECTRUM001 Frets: 1581
    Loving this month's theme and entries so far (particularly @Nitefly's sister's entry !).

Mine is from one of my favourite subjects - the allotments behind my (previous) flat. All natural, no colour filter or digital manipulation...

I moved a couple of weeks ago so will have to search for a new muse. Not sure Mrs001 will allow the other stuff.
  • JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4643
    Loving this month's theme and entries so far (particularly @Nitefly's sister's entry !)

I really like this too.

I'd like it even more if the sea level wasn't on the huh.   ;)
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Loving this month's theme and entries so far (particularly @Nitefly's sister's entry !)

I really like this too.

Yep, that's the problem with taking pics on a boat!

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 315
    edited August 2022
    Thanks for showing my pic @dazzajl it's showing now, I gues one of the mods put the correct code in.

I use flikr which never seems to work on here, so then it's Imgur.

What other free pic hosting sites do you guys use?
  • Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    edited August 2022
    Jaycee said:

I use flikr which never seems to work on here, so then it's Imgur.

What other free pic hosting sites do you guys use?
    I also use Flickr and it’s dead simple to post links from it here.

Here are @TTony’s tips if, like me, you are using a Windows pc.

Login to your account at Flickr.com

From the thumbnails displayed (either in your photostream or your albums), click on the image you want to shareImage now opens full screen, with a small download icon, bottom right of the image, next to last icon

Click on the download icon, and select the "View all sizes" option. Image now opens in a new window, with the size options listed.

Right click on the image and  select "copy image address"* from the pop-up list.

Go back to the forum, and paste the copied link into the attach image/file pop-up.

* I’ve a feeling it might have now changed to “copy image link”. An important point to bear in mind is that after pasting the copied link into the “attach image/file” box you need to just press the space bar, not the Enter key.

If you are using a different operating system, not Windows, there is guidance here:

https://thefretboard.co.uk/discussion/54248/how-to-post-pics-flickr
  • Thanks for that @Jimbro66 - I’ve always struggled with Flickr before, so I tend to end up putting things on Imgur too just so that I can get the link from there.

One of the photo forums I go on automatically converts Flickr links to embedded images, which is pretty handy :)

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

Thanks for that @Jimbro66 - I’ve always struggled with Flickr before, so I tend to end up putting things on Imgur too just so that I can get the link from there.

One of the photo forums I go on automatically converts Flickr links to embedded images, which is pretty handy :)
    It’s much easier to post images here if you subscribe ;)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • paulnb57paulnb57 Frets: 3087
    Jimbro66 said:
    Thanks for that @Jimbro66 - I’ve always struggled with Flickr before, so I tend to end up putting things on Imgur too just so that I can get the link from there.

Its not, mine are generally too big, so I resort back to Imgur!
    Stranger from another planet welcome to our hole - Just strap on your guitar and we'll play some rock 'n' roll

• paulnb57 said:
    Jimbro66 said:

That's the problem I have with the camera forums - everything has to be resized before I can upload it.

• JonathangusJonathangus Frets: 4643
    Nitefly said:

I really like this too.

Yep, that's the problem with taking pics on a boat!

Here you go: 

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
    paulnb57 said:
    Jimbro66 said:

That’s a good point. It seems most forums impose a limit on the size of image that can be directly posted. Often it’s around 2MB which is a lot smaller than a jpeg direct from most cameras. I don’t know what the limit is here.

Most the images I take are given a little tweaking in Capture One before uploading to Flickr so I can, if necessary, reduce their file size at the same time. 
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 315
    edited August 2022

Thanks @Jimbro66 ; ; it works.

On Talk Photography you just press the share button and copy and paste the bb code
  • I've put this in the competition thread as well - just a little bit of pre-warning: I'm on holiday from the 26th of this month, so depending on whether my cottage has WiFi or not, I might be a little late with the results. I will get them done though!

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12462
    @beed84 what is your pic of? I really like it but can’t decide what it is  :)
  • markvmarkv Frets: 460
    I'm no photographer but I love seeing what others can do. I got lucky with a snap on my phone - at least, I think it worked well. It's a view south from Hungerford Bridge in London, tweaked a bit to bring out the sky. Hope you like it!
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5738
    Well, I've thrown in a pic but it's almost embarrassing compared to other entries!  It's not a bad photo in itself, it's just very tenuous for the given theme.  

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.