PHOTO COMPETITION — COMMENTS THREAD

What's Hot

Comments

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12438
    I’ll try to get a shot entered but I’m struggling for ideas too this month. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4205
    If you're struggling for inspiration this month, don't forget that firstly, I'm not exactly the world's strictest judge, and secondly, you can enter whatever the theme makes you think of, which could be "I wish I was alone".

The only thing I flat out won't accept is a photo of a load of money, because the theme isn't "a loan" :lol:
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

Morning everyone. Just a reminder, last day to enter this month's competition :)

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

Bunged in a quick phone shot of our dog Daisy, just so I had something in this month. (And yeah, I know the carpet is shit, it’s on the list for replacing.) 
    Morning folks. Voting is open, over in the competition thread :)

• HaychHaych Frets: 5693
    This is the pic I was going to enter, but I thought better of it.  Sorry for the rubbish theme - if I ever have the opportunity to pick a theme in future I will try to do better.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Haych said:
    This is the pic I was going to enter, but I thought better of it.  Sorry for the rubbish theme - if I ever have the opportunity to pick a theme in future I will try to do better.

I don't think it was a rubbish theme, mate - and I think you should have entered that photo! :lol:

• Jimbro66Jimbro66 Frets: 2431
    Haych said:

Outright winner!!
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 312
    Theme was fine, I had a few pics to choose from but unffortunately ran out of time

Last few hours to vote over in the competition thread :)

Winner has just been announced in the competition thread :)

• Morning you lovely lot. New competition thread is up :)

• I have a really strong image for this month, but I took it about 6 years ago! I'll dig out for this thread, but will try to grab another this month. 
  • Found it! Apologies for the watermark, this is from when I shot pro.

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    Found it! Apologies for the watermark, this is from when I shot pro.

Nice shot!   :)

I don’t know if my August entry really fits the brief, but it’s predominantly yellows and I liked the shot so what the hell. It’s my grandson fishing in a stream, with our Lab Daisy trying to see if he’s got anything worth eating in his net. 
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3072
    @ThePrettyDamned ;
    @boogieman ;

Both your shots are awesome and definitely what I wanted from this month's entries.  I am definitely drawn to the colour yellow in your pic Boogieman. Just like the girl in the red polka skirt, it's not the colour that is most abundant but I am drawn to it.  Likewise, but in a different way, the red hair on a red background from ThePrettyDamned also makes the image 'striking' to the eye.

@Shrews thanks. I really like your latest entry, but I hope you don’t  mind if I make a suggestion? Clone out that phone wire in the top right corner.  ;)
  • ShrewsShrews Frets: 3072
    @boogieman ;

Lol, yeah I know!  There was a lot more of that darn phone wire on show so I did crop it a little, but yeah could've and should've cloned out the rest!
  • I had no idea what to shoot for this month, and I'm not sure I'm going to get out much to try and find anything, so I've gone with a shot from my visit to Brands Hatch last month. The other shot I already had which I thought might work was this one:

Although checking the date on it now, it's from May last year, so outside the rules anyway... plus I think I've used it before :)

I had no idea what to shoot for this month, and I'm not sure I'm going to get out much to try and find anything, so I've gone with a shot from my visit to Brands Hatch last month. The other shot I already had which I thought might work was this one:

Although checking the date on it now, it's from May last year, so outside the rules anyway... plus I think I've used it before :)
    That would work if you cropped it (a lot!). A month or so outside the time limit doesn’t bother me.