PHOTO COMPETITION — COMMENTS THREAD

What's Hot

Comments

• Mine is a few months old but I did enjoy taking it. Excellent theme! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Morning all. Some of you have seen it already, but for those of you who haven't: voting is now open in the competition thread :)
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• If you want to vote in this month’s competition, today is your last day :)

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2448
    Gutted I missed this month’s theme. I had something but I really wasn’t happy with it. Will try harder for next month. Anyway I got my vote in. Well done all!  :)
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12508
    beed84 said:
    Gutted I missed this month’s theme. I had something but I really wasn’t happy with it. Will try harder for next month. Anyway I got my vote in. Well done all!  :)
    You should have entered it anyway, I bet it’s nowhere near as bad as you think. If you’re anything like me, we get too self critical and obsess over the tiny errors, rather than think it’s a decent enough photo. I won a village photo competition this summer with a shot that was technically pretty crap, but people liked the subject anyway (some blue tits nesting in a roof) .   
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Didn't manage anything this month.  Unfortunately these are three years old:

Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12508
    Didn't manage anything this month.  Unfortunately these are three years old:

They second shot is a cracker. 
  • skullfunkerryskullfunkerry Frets: 4258
    edited November 2022
    boogieman said:
    Didn't manage anything this month.  Unfortunately these are three years old:

They second shot is a cracker. 

I really like both of them. Is the first one a prison?

I wanted to get a cool reflection shot for this month's theme but every time I went out with my camera the weather was against me and I couldn't find anything. This was the nearest I got:

I took this at Duxford a few weeks ago and I really like it but it's not really symmetrical:

And my other idea was this, also from Duxford:

• Thanks @boogieman and @skullfunkerry .

These are both from my trip to Dublin in 2019.  The first is Kilmainham Gaol; it's often used as a film location - The Italian Job and Paddington 2 being a couple of examples.  The second is the library at Trinity College.
    Trading feedback | How to embed images using Imgur

As for "when am I ready?"  You'll never be ready.  It works in reverse, you become ready by doing it.  - pmbomb

• RichACRichAC Frets: 744
    @skullfunkerry I love that inverted reflection shot of the car. I actually think the rain adds to it. 

A cracking bunch of photos in the competition. I found it hard to narrow it down to the ones I voted for, and I suspect on another day I'd have voted differently. Well done everyone.
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1958
    Like @skullfunkerry I thought planes would be good subject matter. I went to Cosford but didn't manage to get many images I was happy with (partly because there we so much of interest to look at I forgot to take pictures!). The pic I chose to enter was the Lightning hung from the ceiling. Enjoyed taking part though, looking forward to next months competition :-)
  • Lodious said:
    Like @skullfunkerry I thought planes would be good subject matter. I went to Cosford but didn't manage to get many images I was happy with (partly because there we so much of interest to look at I forgot to take pictures!). The pic I chose to enter was the Lightning hung from the ceiling. Enjoyed taking part though, looking forward to next months competition :-)

I was going to ask you what that photo was! My first thought was it was a Lightning (I took a similar one at Duxford), but it didn't occur to me that they might have mounted it differently, and the ceiling confused me :)

• Early (as always), but the winner has just been announced in the competition thread :)

• Morning everyone. Hope all is well. New competition thread is up :)

• HaychHaych Frets: 5780
    Well done, @Boogieman, you were long overdue a win.  I like the new theme that's been chosen too, should make for some interesting images.  Just watch as we now have the driest December on record!

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Haych said:
    Well done, @Boogieman, you were long overdue a win.  I like the new theme that's been chosen too, should make for some interesting images.  Just watch as we now have the driest December on record!
    Haha, at least I’d be able to get one more mow of the grass in if that happens!

And I’ve got my puddle shot above to fall back on, too :)

• LodiousLodious Frets: 1958
    edited November 2022
    Great idea for this months theme! Can I link directly to my wife's OnlyFans?
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Lodious said:
    Great idea for this months theme! Can I link directly to my wife's OnlyFans page?
    Oof, bloody hell dude O_o

• One more week to enter this month's competition...

• RichACRichAC Frets: 744
    Thanks for the nudge @skullfunkerry - must get on that!