PHOTO COMPETITION — COMMENTS THREAD

What's Hot

Comments

• HaychHaych Frets: 5773
    Will be chucking my camera gear in the Wye tomorrow, lol. Some good entries this month, really need to up my game. 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12487
    Haych said:
    Will be chucking my camera gear in the Wye tomorrow, lol. Some good entries this month, really need to up my game. 
    Don’t be daft man, you’ve entered some great shots. What is your picture of this month, I can’t work it out? I would’ve been tempted to clone those scratches out tbh. 
  • last minute entry - I held two Apple Macs at an angle to reflect one of the logos into the other.

Reminds me of my Photography O Level !!! 
    I was wondering how you'd done that!

boogieman said:
    Haych said:
    Don’t be daft man, you’ve entered some great shots. What is your picture of this month, I can’t work it out? I would’ve been tempted to clone those scratches out tbh. 
    I agree, you take great shots. I like the scratches in your picture though. Is it some sort of air conditioning duct or something?

Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

last minute entry - I held two Apple Macs at an angle to reflect one of the logos into the other.

boogieman said:
    Haych said:
    I agree, you take great shots. I like the scratches in your picture though. Is it some sort of air conditioning duct or something?

It’s an exhaust duct/nozzle thing on a Harrier Jump Jet. 

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Haych said:
    last minute entry - I held two Apple Macs at an angle to reflect one of the logos into the other.

boogieman said:
    Haych said:

I went to Duxford a couple of months ago and one of the ideas I had for this month was a shot of the Lightning. Where is your Harrier?

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

Haych said:

boogieman said:
    Haych said:

I went to Duxford a couple of months ago and one of the ideas I had for this month was a shot of the Lightning. Where is your Harrier?
    Yep, that was at Duxford, too.  Now that I think about it, it may not have strictly been a Harrier, but it was certainly of the same family and looked a lot like a Harrier.  I think it was in the first hall where a lot of the experimental aircraft were, near the door that went through to the WWI/WWII stuff.

• Sad I missed this month, but nice photos all! 
  • Haych said:
    Haych said:

boogieman said:
    Haych said:

Yep, that was at Duxford, too.  Now that I think about it, it may not have strictly been a Harrier, but it was certainly of the same family and looked a lot like a Harrier.  I think it was in the first hall where a lot of the experimental aircraft were, near the door that went through to the WWI/WWII stuff.

Just had a look at my photos and there is a Harrier in there, so I suspect you're probably right :)

• JayceeJaycee Frets: 328
    I like the competative aspect of this in as much as it makes you think about a shot if taken specifically for the month.

Great pics as always
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1957
    Sad to have missed last months, I thought it was a great idea for a theme, and I had something in mind for my entry, but never found the time to make it happen. Looking forward to this months though.
  • Winner has just been announced over in the competition thread :)

• Afternoon everyone. New competition thread is up :)

• beed84beed84 Frets: 2444
    Cool theme @boogieman , I’m looking forward to getting to work on this :)
  • JayceeJaycee Frets: 328
    My entry is a bit of a "shoehorn" but the water was like "Glass" =)
  • Jaycee said:
    My entry is a bit of a "shoehorn" but the water was like "Glass" =)
    I've been thinking all month that I might need to do something like that if my other ideas don't work out :)

Just dropped my entry in but I see that a certain cranium of frivolousness in western Ireland has dropped an absolute corker in there!

I was hoping to do some experimentation with breaking some bottles but covid has the better of me at the moment and it's all I could do to get the camera out at all. 

• Morning all. Winner has just been announced over in the competition thread :)

• And now a new competition thread is up.

• Have I chosen another really difficult topic? Less than a week to go, and only 3 entries.

Or are people getting bored with it now? Time for a break?

Have I chosen another really difficult topic? Less than a week to go, and only 3 entries.

Or are people getting bored with it now? Time for a break?
    I can't speak for everyone else, but I do enjoy the monthly challenge.  I rarely seem to come up with anything amazing but it makes me think and pushes me to at least try something.