PHOTO COMPETITION — COMMENTS THREAD

What's Hot

Comments

• JayceeJaycee Frets: 328
    Great pics this month guys, I had a few lined but but some illness and bad new scuppered that for me .....
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • Jaycee said:
    Great pics this month guys, I had a few lined but but some illness and bad new scuppered that for me .....
    Sorry to read that. Nothing too serious I hope. All the best mate
    Too much gain... is just about enough \m/

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• Winner has just been announced over in the competition thread :)

I'm probably the only member of this forum mentioned by name in Whiskey in the Jar ;)

• beed84 said:
    Many thanks for your feedback @ThePrettyDamned . Just when I thought I was wasting my time with photography your comment gave me a much needed confidence boost.  Much appreciated:) I really liked your original shot so I was disappointed to see you replace it. That said, it's quite remarkable to have captured those small water droplets on that ladybird's back. Nice work!

Well done to everyone who entered. Despite taking a lengthy hiatus myself, it's great to see people are still entering these monthly competitions. Although it's just for fun it's useful to have motivation and be able to find inspiration in others' work. And thanks again to @skullfunkerry ; for keeping it going in its – can you believe it – fourth year. Here's to many more! Seriously, where does time go? ...

Thanks! I'm glad you were okay with it. I find a small bit of feedback can be helpful. Often, people notice things about my photos that I didn't - such is the nature of art, I suppose. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Morning folks. New competition thread is up :)

• RichACRichAC Frets: 744
    Interested theme! Thanks @skullfunkerry ;
    I keep forgetting this so I thought I would get in early =)
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I’d just like to apologise; I think I’ve set a really hard theme this month! :lol:

I’ve been racking my brain trying to think of something… I did think about heading over to a village near here called Silver End; there are some pretty cool art deco houses and apparently there’s an impressive bandstand too… got a bit busy with work though, and the weather has been against me. I did think about a shot of the moon, but then today I thought of doing the close-up of the cufflinks.

• HaychHaych Frets: 5773
    I have the same cufflinks!  Wouldn't it be weird if I also photographed them for the competition XD

To be fair, I'm having a brain fart trying to come up with something.

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• boogiemanboogieman Frets: 12487
    It’s not a bad topic, it’s just thinking of something to fit the brief. I’m not having much luck with that right now though. 
    I’ve got an idea, but I need to have a think about how best to do it (and it might turn out to be one of those ideas that seemed great at the time..)
  • LodiousLodious Frets: 1957
    Haych said:
    I have the same cufflinks!  Wouldn't it be weird if I also photographed them for the competition XD

To be fair, I'm having a brain fart trying to come up with something.
    @Haych ;nice silvery moon last night :-) I was going to go out and try of get some moon over water pics, but knackered after work for maybe tonight. 
    edited January 2023
    Don't worry about entering guys,  it may be the best chance I have of winning,  and then next months theme will be "something Gold" 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • HaychHaych Frets: 5773
    I’ve got a cracking theme should I ever win, given my recent output I think that might be a while. 

There is no 'H' in Aych, you know that don't you? ~ Wife

Turns out there is an H in Haych! ~ Sporky

Bit of trading feedback here.

• Only a couple more days to enter this month's competition, everyone!

Agggh, I’ve left it too late, and I’m away at the weekend. I’ll have a look to see if I’ve got anything on-theme recent enough to enter, but failing that I’ll have to sit this one out.
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2444
    This month’s theme has been a tricky one. Annoyingly, I had an idea but what I wanted to photograph was closed. However, another idea has sprang to mind. Hopefully I’ll get it in before the end of today.
  • beed84 said:
    This month’s theme has been a tricky one. Annoyingly, I had an idea but what I wanted to photograph was closed. However, another idea has sprang to mind. Hopefully I’ll get it in before the end of today.
    Yeah, in hindsight it wasn't a great idea (don't tell my wife I said that though!)

• last minute entry - I held two Apple Macs at an angle to reflect one of the logos into the other.

Reminds me of my Photography O Level !!! 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2444
    It's a last minute entry for me too. I'm working on getting it uploaded now!