General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 1948
    I was enjoying Fishing Planet on the PC, but then my friend bought me Red Dead Redemption 2...

Wow <3
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Schnozz said:
    I was enjoying Fishing Planet on the PC, but then my friend bought me Red Dead Redemption 2...

Wow <3
    RDR2 is one of the greatest games I have ever played, the pace and stroy are 2nd to none and the graphics in pc..... Man just insane 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701

I’ve parked RDR2 for now but I agree it’s one of the best games ever.  I probably dip into GTA5 a bit more but RDR2 is a definite step up in detail and realism.

Does make me wonder what the next generation will look like - GTA6 (or whatever the next one is called) on the new consoles, can’t wait to see that!
  • I've parked Project Cars 2 for the moment (see what I did there?!) and have switched my sim-racing indulgences to DiRT 4 for some rally action. I actually wanted DiRT Rally 2.0 as that is supposed to be the kind of rally sims, but that was full price on the PS Store whereas DiRT 4 is currently only £7.49.

Never played a rally game with a force feedback wheel until now. Wow, it's a pretty intense experience! A whole lot harder than with a normal controller, but massively involving!
    edited May 2020
    I've parked Project Cars 2 for the moment (see what I did there?!) and have switched my sim-racing indulgences to DiRT 4 for some rally action. I actually wanted DiRT Rally 2.0 as that is supposed to be the kind of rally sims, but that was full price on the PS Store whereas DiRT 4 is currently only £7.49.

Never played a rally game with a force feedback wheel until now. Wow, it's a pretty intense experience! A whole lot harder than with a normal controller, but massively involving!
    I play PC2 with force feedback wheel and Oculus rift S now that's an experiance
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4701
    I've parked Project Cars 2 for the moment (see what I did there?!) and have switched my sim-racing indulgences to DiRT 4 for some rally action. I actually wanted DiRT Rally 2.0 as that is supposed to be the kind of rally sims, but that was full price on the PS Store whereas DiRT 4 is currently only £7.49.

I've played Project Cars quite a bit but when I got 2 I found it really hard to control.  Need to spend a bit of time with it, perhaps I need a wheel.

Dirt 4 is really good, but I find the free modes a bit limited.

Wreckfest is decent of you have not tried that.
  • StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3673
    edited May 2020
    Are the newer Dirt titles as good fun as Dirt 2 on PS3? 

I tried Dirt 3 but v. quickly tired of the silly stunt/circus trick driving.  Much preferred Dirt 2’s tracks
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4134
    I just picked up DayZ yesterday for the PS4 - that’s a steep learning curve!!!  :o Quite fun once you get the hang of the basic survival necessities, though I can see it getting incredibly frustrating if it doesn’t change as you move through the map (apparently it does though).

For anyone else that has it, let me know if you fancy a game on there though, looks like it would be a good one to team up on. :)
    I just picked up DayZ yesterday for the PS4 - that’s a steep learning curve!!!  :o Quite fun once you get the hang of the basic survival necessities, though I can see it getting incredibly frustrating if it doesn’t change as you move through the map (apparently it does though).

For anyone else that has it, let me know if you fancy a game on there though, looks like it would be a good one to team up on. :)
    I play daily..... On pc :/ 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 26994
    COD WW2 now available free for PS+ subs. Other June titles to come next week but not announced yet. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    Minecraft Dungeons on PC - it's basically Diablo (very, very) lite.
  • fendergibsonfendergibson Frets: 562

I’ve well over 1000 hrs on Dayz....still my all time favourite game....pm your steam name and we could have a team up. Generally on Karma/Spaggie servers but open to ‘owt 
  • Are the newer Dirt titles as good fun as Dirt 2 on PS3? 

I tried Dirt 3 but v. quickly tired of the silly stunt/circus trick driving.  Much preferred Dirt 2’s tracks
    The series is a bit confusing, as you have the Dirt  games, which are a mix of proper sim racing but with more accessible modes and events thrown in, and the Dirt Rally games (most recently Dirt Rally 2.0) which are more full-blown simulation games. The latter are brilliant if you like your driving thrills authentic, but not very accessible to the newbie. 

I'm really enjoying Dirt 4 to be honest, but I would have preferred to get Dirt Rally 2.0 if it had been cheaper!

I’ve well over 1000 hrs on Dayz....still my all time favourite game....pm your steam name and we could have a team up. Generally on Karma/Spaggie servers but open to ‘owt 
    Ooooooh yes! I have now clocked 110 hours, and play mainly in the day at the moment, I'll pm you my steam name now def up for some dayz survival 
  • fendergibsonfendergibson Frets: 562

Ooooooh yes! I have now clocked 110 hours, and play mainly in the day at the moment, I'll pm you my steam name now def up for some dayz survival 
    PM’d  =)
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    Anyone see the PS5 stream? Tbh, I found it all a bit underwhelming compared to what Xbox had to offer. Either way, I won't be getting either of them at launch – I think I'll get another Switch and stick with Nintendo for the time being. 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • dafuzzdafuzz Frets: 1522
    edited June 2020
    Dodged it - in a bit of a huff that it was broadcast in 1080p!

Edit: Anyway, I usually wait a couple of years and pick up the previous gen games for cheap in the meantime. Only had my PS4 3 years I think - loads of games still to play. Also got a Switch at Chrimbo which will keep me going
    All practice and no theory
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4134
    Hell, I’ve only just finished Skyrim during lockdown, and even then I’ve still got some side-quests left to do!  I think this will be the first generation PS that I don’t buy within a couple months of launch, I just don’t need it anytime soon! Besides, I only upgraded to a Pro in December.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7864
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    Hell, I’ve only just finished Skyrim during lockdown, and even then I’ve still got some side-quests left to do!  I think this will be the first generation PS that I don’t buy within a couple months of launch, I just don’t need it anytime soon! Besides, I only upgraded to a Pro in December.
    I am fully back into Skyrim on PS4 as well! Ploughed hundreds of hours into it on the Xbox 360, but it has it's hooks in me again....