General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• StratavariousStratavarious Frets: 3675
    edited April 2020
    Finished Horizon Zero Dawn 3rd time today....

Getting back into Elite Dangerous now... good lockdown timefiller.  Like being 14 again with my BBC B
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7291
    fuck it starting doom eternal
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • vasselmeyervasselmeyer Frets: 3672
    edited April 2020
    Just completed Rise of the Tomb Raider. What a game. The environments were amazing and the baddies pretty cool. I got it for about £10 on Steam a couple of years ago and I've got 143 hours playing time. That is what I call value for money. Even if I'd paid full price for it when if first came out which would have been £50 at least, 143 hours is over 5 days of entertainment. If my missus and I went into town to the cionema and then had a bite to eat, it would have come to more than £50 for a couple of hours diversion.

And I picked up Witcher 3 for £10 last week.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1001
    i have a few games on the go atm (mostly on xb1) but have really been playing original morrowind (original xbox version) atm.

for whatever reason i could never get into the game back in the day but now am loving it.

levitation (found a great levitation mages staff in a daedric ruin) and boots of blinding speed is fantastic :-)
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• robgilmorobgilmo Frets: 3476
    Ive been playing War Planet Online, its crap, but very addictive, 
    A Deuce , a Tele and a cup of tea.
  • Playing Deadside, new survival game. First impressions are good, hoping it can eventually rival my all time favourite DayZ. £15 quid on Steam
  • Any recommendations for a ps4/pc compatible headset? I'm currently eyeing up the arctis 1 or 3 from steelseries...

Modern warfare is pretty good. I'm playing ground war at the moment to get a grip on what is a very different meta than I'm used to with COD and I've yet to top a leaderboard (it's more tactical and slow paced than the fast, slick pace of old cod games) but I'm getting there. 
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    Prepare to get owned.
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    edited April 2020
    Playing Deadside, new survival game. First impressions are good, hoping it can eventually rival my all time favourite DayZ. £15 quid on Steam

@fendergibson ;
    Me and my friends have been playing dayz daily, it's the best worst game I have played, its bordering on obsession at the mo.!   
  • IMC1980IMC1980 Frets: 145
    Dangerously close to putting 16 quid down for Skyrim on the PS4. Also considering Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild for the Switch. I need a fantasy world to get lost in, been lost for many hours in Skyrim before, but I would still go back for another tour. Never played Legend of Zelda, but have only heard great things. 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27066
    IMC1980 said:
    Dangerously close to putting 16 quid down for Skyrim on the PS4. Also considering Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild for the Switch. I need a fantasy world to get lost in, been lost for many hours in Skyrim before, but I would still go back for another tour. Never played Legend of Zelda, but have only heard great things. 
    BOTW is my favourite game of this gen by miles. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • IMC1980 said:

+1, never even played it but followed a play through on twitch and even watching it was ace. 

Yeah, I like watching games as much as playing them... 
  • Anyone played Journey on either PS3 or PS4? I'm just busy downloading it now as it's free on the PlayStation Store this week.

Normally the only games I've ever been able to stomach are racing sims and 2d side scrolling platformers like the old Mario and Sonic games. Journey looks to be totally NOT my cup of tea, but free's free so... 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27066
    Anyone played Journey on either PS3 or PS4? I'm just busy downloading it now as it's free on the PlayStation Store this week.

Normally the only games I've ever been able to stomach are racing sims and 2d side scrolling platformers like the old Mario and Sonic games. Journey looks to be totally NOT my cup of tea, but free's free so... 
    Yep. It's wonderful and one of a number of really great indie games released over the last few years.

I need to play go through it again. 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17626
    tFB Trader
    IMC1980 said:

I think the Nintendo spring sale ends today if you were thinking of getting it.
  • IMC1980 said:
    PS4 Skyrim is impressive... got mods too.  Bargain if you like it.

If you have not played Witcher 3, that is pretty stunning and feels more alive.

My son really rates Zelda BOW on switch
  • westfordwestford Frets: 581
    Gone back to playing Far Cry 5. Liberated a cult outpost undetected with a bunch of stealth kills and released all the hostages, only for one of them to be killed almost instantly by a grizzly bear. Then a second bear showed up and fought and killed the first bear. While I was watching what was going on there, a wolverine attacked me and I had to climb onto a roof and blast it repeatedly with a shotgun. I’d forgotten how much fun and also how annoying that game is!
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7291
    beed84 said:
    Prepare to get owned.
    It's def tougher than 2016 but why is it so cartoony? Feels like the graphics took a major backwards step.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2400
    beed84 said:
    Prepare to get owned.
    It's def tougher than 2016 but why is it so cartoony? Feels like the graphics took a major backwards step.
    Just wait until you get to all the Super Mario sections.....
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7878
    Why the hell have they put that in there. It’s not like jumping has been a big part of the games in previous Doom games. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom