General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• MolochMoloch Frets: 705
    LuttiS said:
    I've only actually played the campaign once in WH2, (Dark Elves ftw!) But have done it with most races In the first one.
    Will be good to maybe get a few big ass battles going =)

Dark Elves were my first campaign too. I think most people choose the elven edgybois for their intro.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3053
    Caved in and bought Doom Eternal. Loving it but bugger me it's got quite a learning curve. Very different from Doom 2016
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7293
    LuttiS said:
    I've only actually played the campaign once in WH2, (Dark Elves ftw!) But have done it with most races In the first one.

Dark Elves were my first campaign too. I think most people choose the elven edgybois for their intro.
    Not me I'll be going undead prob cos after painting about 120 of the fuckers I feel like I owe it to them...if chaos was an option that always tempts me too. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Stevepage said:
    Caved in and bought Doom Eternal. Loving it but bugger me it's got quite a learning curve. Very different from Doom 2016
    Think i might wait that one out a little and see if it goes on sal coming up to Xmas

ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    LuttiS said:

Not me I'll be going undead prob cos after painting about 120 of the fuckers I feel like I owe it to them...if chaos was an option that always tempts me too. 
    Tomb Kings, Counts or Vampire Coast? Lots of undead choices.. and Chaos is always a choice :)
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2415
    Stevepage said:
    Yeah, it's quite different. Took me a long time to get used to it; personally, prefer the pace and style of DOOM 2016.

And just wait until you meet Marauders and Archviles.......
  • LuttiSLuttiS Frets: 2244
    LuttiS said:
    Since I looked yesterday, it's popping up all over my adverts.. 
    It's £11.42 here if anyone else interested.

https://www.instant-gaming.com/en/2014-buy-key-steam-total-war-warhammer-ii/

LuttiS said:
    LuttiS said:

Tomb Kings, Counts or Vampire Coast? Lots of undead choices.. and Chaos is always a choice :)
    Vampire Counts i expect
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    LuttiS said:
    LuttiS said:

Vampire Counts i expect

When I finally added the first game and tried Mortal Empires I went for them first, as Isabella Von Carstein. Great fun. Always entertaining running into battle with a character who is basically an evil girl in an armoured ballgown.
    Can you do a ridiculous red fury based build?
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    Can you do a ridiculous red fury based build?
    What constitutes 'red fury'?

It was na ability in warhammer that basically gave your vampire lord chained attacks so any time they caused a wound tehyd get a free extra attack. You'd combine it with something that gives them re-rolls or always strieks first and they could chew through low armoured units.

Anyways I played warhammer total war 2 a bit last nigth and it took me rather a long time to realise that i coudlnt give the hero guys any armies by design.....doh
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17636
    tFB Trader
    Kingdom Battle for £7

Win!
    It was na ability in warhammer that basically gave your vampire lord chained attacks so any time they caused a wound tehyd get a free extra attack. You'd combine it with something that gives them re-rolls or always strieks first and they could chew through low armoured units.

Anyways I played warhammer total war 2 a bit last nigth and it took me rather a long time to realise that i coudlnt give the hero guys any armies by design.....doh

Nothing like that Red Fury thing in the game, but Isabella and Vlad each get a significant combat buff when one reinforces the other's army in a battle. Also Isabella gives serious buffs to vampire heroes, so her doomstack option is basically a full army of vampire heroes.
  • StevepageStevepage Frets: 3053
    FarleyUK said:
    Stevepage said:
    Yeah, it's quite different. Took me a long time to get used to it; personally, prefer the pace and style of DOOM 2016.

And just wait until you meet Marauders and Archviles.......
    Just came across the Marauder boss. I'm going to flip...
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27106
    I went back to RDR2 yesterday. I didn't restart, since the opening is long and I only got part way through chapter 2 before getting distracted first time around anyway. I enjoyed it far more than when it first came out. I killed one guy by mistake when I meant to talk to him, but he had a really nice hat, so now I have I really nice hat, which is good. 

Seems a slightly contemplative game where you get to go outside and watch the sun set is what I need right now.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4140
    ^ Yep, I’ve been doing the same too. Mrs GG thinks it’s a fishing simulator!
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    ^ Yep, I’ve been doing the same too. Mrs GG thinks it’s a fishing simulator!
    :D 

In my house it's pretty clearly an accidental-bar-fight-and-picking-up-my-hat-after sim at the moment...
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2415
    Going back to playing some Breakpoint since the last big update. Also got Outer Wilds.

I've found Warhammer 2 TW to be far too confusing, especially in the tutorial - they've suddenly thrown everything and the kitchen sink at me and there's waaaaay too much going on on the campaign map. Very confusing!
    New PS5 controller unveiled. Haptic feedback, adaptive spring tension on the triggers, USB-C charging, in-built mic as well as retaining the headphone jack. Basically the same outline as a PS4 controller on the bits your hands touch, but a bit more Xbox-looking everywhere else. I think it looks great.

And really Mass-Effect-looking :D 

I'm already assuming they're going to offer custom versions where you can have whatever colours you want on all the different plates, sticks triggers, etc. 

https://www.polygon.com/2020/4/7/21212720/ps5-wireless-controller-dualsense-dualshock-5