General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4139
    I rather like the look and spec of this one, though I think for the first time this isn’t going to be a playstation that I’m first in the queue for!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27066
    Yeah, it seems like Sony are doing everything right, so I'm keen for a day 1 buy, which I've never done before. This all assumes they chuck some good games at it too. At the very least I figure Last of Us 2 and Ghosts of Tsushima will be there very early - whether that's full-scale PS5 releases or supercharged PS4 games - and hopefully Horizon Zero 2.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    Yeah, it seems like Sony are doing everything right, so I'm keen for a day 1 buy, which I've never done before. This all assumes they chuck some good games at it too. At the very least I figure Last of Us 2 and Ghosts of Tsushima will be there very early - whether that's full-scale PS5 releases or supercharged PS4 games - and hopefully Horizon Zero 2.
    +1 I'm just fully starting to appreciate modern gaming and what it has to offer – the worlds in some games and the cinematography are truly breathtaking and thoroughly immersive. Plenty of time to save up, so I think I'll aim for a day 1 purchase too. Do you reckon a 4K TV will be a requirement, though?
    beed84 said:
    +1 I'm just fully starting to appreciate modern gaming and what it has to offer – the worlds in some games and the cinematography are truly breathtaking and thoroughly immersive. Plenty of time to save up, so I think I'll aim for a day 1 purchase too. Do you reckon a 4K TV will be a requirement, though?
    I would assume not required, but nice to have if you sit an appropriate distance that you can see the difference. I'm on a 7-year old HD at the moment that is thoroughly fine but I'll be considering an upgrade when the PS5 release date is clearer and once we know exactly what features are worth having and what isn't. 

If nothing else I want something that can link so I can use the TV remote to control the media player on the PS5, as our current one doesn't talk to our PS4
  • beed84beed84 Frets: 2409
    beed84 said:
    I would assume not required, but nice to have if you sit an appropriate distance that you can see the difference. I'm on a 7-year old HD at the moment that is thoroughly fine but I'll be considering an upgrade when the PS5 release date is clearer and once we know exactly what features are worth having and what isn't. 

If nothing else I want something that can link so I can use the TV remote to control the media player on the PS5, as our current one doesn't talk to our PS4
    Same. I have a Pioneer plasma and would be loathed to have to part ways with it – it's a stunning picture. Although if it's worth moving with the times, then I will. I suppose we'll have to wait and see.

Yeah, not too fussed about it's ridiculous processing power and graphic capabilities, so long as it controls the media playing with a remote and has the ability to support the ITV app  :)
  • LoFiLoFi Frets: 534
    I'm feeling the need for a fantasy RPG - Elder Scrolls Online or Witcher 3?
    ^ Witcher 3!
    I can't get into W3. I've tried twice and get about 6 hours then get bored. Does it get better after that?
    Depends really - I found it a nice companion RPG to Skyrim, but quite a different gameplay experience. I mostly pick these games up to mess around with the open-world aspects, and for that I'd say the Elder Scrolls games are better, but I've enjoyed W3 from what I've played at least :)
  • StrangefanStrangefan Frets: 5844
    Depends really - I found it a nice companion RPG to Skyrim, but quite a different gameplay experience. I mostly pick these games up to mess around with the open-world aspects, and for that I'd say the Elder Scrolls games are better, but I've enjoyed W3 from what I've played at least :)
    If wither 3 was first person yes but as its 3rd person only my preference would be skyrim, I find 3rd person ruins the immersion, I don't want to control the character I want to be the character! 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 7878
    About to start Doom Eternal. 
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 702
    FarleyUK said:
    Going back to playing some Breakpoint since the last big update. Also got Outer Wilds.

I've found Warhammer 2 TW to be far too confusing, especially in the tutorial - they've suddenly thrown everything and the kitchen sink at me and there's waaaaay too much going on on the campaign map. Very confusing!

If you ever want some tips on how to roll in it, hit me up. I've been playing Total War games since about 2002 and have an embarrassing number of hours put into Warhammer II.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 983
    For the past few evenings I’ve been watching random people playing though Animal Crossing on the Nintendo Switch, nice and relaxing.  Think when all this blows over I may well get a Nintendo Switch. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • I did it. I got modern warfare. It is a good way to burn some time.

Just starting campaign while MP downloads. 

Also, I need a new gaming headset. Bonus points if it's not garish and works on pc as well as ps4 for conference calls... Any thoughts? £50-£100 budget. 
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    I might be being overly optimistic but I've bought fallout 76 now that the wastelanders dlc has been released.  Only played for around an hour but it seems okay so far.  Looks really nice at 4k as well.  If nothing else it's nice to see fallout with a bit of colour to it.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 17626
    tFB Trader
    Got Haunted Mansion 3 for my birthday.

It's brilliant, played it all afternoon.
    RedRabbit said:
    I might be being overly optimistic but I've bought fallout 76 now that the wastelanders dlc has been released.  Only played for around an hour but it seems okay so far.  Looks really nice at 4k as well.  If nothing else it's nice to see fallout with a bit of colour to it.
    I have started to play again and wastelanders transforms it,.... Its about time 
  • Couldn't get hold of a Rift S for my Sons birthday so I gave home mine until I can get another but I did get a PSVR to ride me over and I must say for the money its bloody impressive and the PSVR exclusives Everybodys Golf VR and Astro Bot VR are brilliant. 
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 486
    RedRabbit said:
    Servers seem pretty busy at the moment.  My short play reminded me why I generally avoid MMOs though.  A level 140 player was running around killing and looting all the scorched before any of the new players could get near them.  
    RedRabbit said:
    RedRabbit said:
    Servers seem pretty busy at the moment.  My short play reminded me why I generally avoid MMOs though.  A level 140 player was running around killing and looting all the scorched before any of the new players could get near them.

You get idiots on all games unfortunately,  it's a great dlc tho really enjoying it