General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• TimmyOTimmyO Frets: 7985
    edited July 21
    No Mans Sky : I got it on release on PS - so got THAT whole experience...

I hear it's quite different now - but I can't remember how the heck it all works - worth just resetting and starting the new version again from the tutorial? 
    Red ones are better. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1646
    I've been dipping into elden ring also. 

Doing a bit of griding to level up 
  • SporkySporky Frets: 29784
    TimmyO said:

I hear it's quite different now - but I can't remember how the heck it all works - worth just resetting and starting the new version again from the tutorial? 
    I tried it when it came out (and got a refund) and when everyone said it had been fixed. 

After the fix it was still a boring grind. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4333
    Sporky said:
    TimmyO said:

I tried it when it came out (and got a refund) and when everyone said it had been fixed. 

Agreed, I downloaded it about a year ago again on PS5 and it's better than day one, but still dull AF
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28492
    I’ve been on Borderlands 3 this week care of PS+. I never played the others but it’s great fun. Silly humour and good gun stuff, and some excellent grenades 

I feel like I don’t really know what I’m doing but I’m having fun so I’m happy
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8385
    I’ve been on Borderlands 3 this week care of PS+. I never played the others but it’s great fun. Silly humour and good gun stuff, and some excellent grenades 

Borderlands 2 is the much better game. 
    In the same series, Tiny Tina’s Wonderlands is also great fun, bit short, but good fun. Similar thing, but vaguely D&D themed, with medieval style guns. 
    I finished Nier Replicant and am now on Nier Automata, which is just a magnificent bit of gaming. Well worth playing Replicant first - it's weird but good - but Automata is superb.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18207
    tFB Trader
    Sporky said:
    TimmyO said:

Agreed, I downloaded it about a year ago again on PS5 and it's better than day one, but still dull AF

It's kind of a chill pottering around and exploring planets game.

You have to set expectations accordingly.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 3reaction image Wisdom
    Lumbearjack is free on Epic. And excellent.
  • Im enjoying Quilts and Cats of Calico
  • Automata is incredible @Sporky ;

Avoid spoilers if you can. It's a journey! 
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18207
    tFB Trader
    Any other BG3 fans?

I've just started as a Gnome Bard.

Goodbye life!
    Automata is incredible @Sporky ;

I will not be posting any. It's also better if you've played Replicant first, as a load of stuff reappears, and I'm still seeing new things on my third complete play through. 
  • Sporky said:
    Automata is incredible @Sporky ;

I will not be posting any. It's also better if you've played Replicant first, as a load of stuff reappears, and I'm still seeing new things on my third complete play through. 
    Ah didn't realise you'd already been through it. 

I couldn't believe how deep it went! What a cool game. I actually hadn't played replicant first, so I think I missed quite a bit but I did get through it and managed to get the ending with the help of an online guide. Super cool. 
    Lady BMcH made me get all the endings on one playthrough.

Replicant is worth a go. It's not as good, but it's still intriguing and sets the stage for Automata. More repetitive, but combat is similar, and one character does some of the best swears I've ever heard.

Also it completely changes your view of some Automata characters. I slightly wish I'd played it first, but I think either way around is still a more complete experience. 
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1408
    edited August 4
    yes the current version of "the first nier" (gestalt/replicant) works either way around with automata. certainly, the extra ending they added to Replicant ver 1.22 is spoilers for Automata. i love those games. the feeling of the world and the music is unparalleled. 
    Ah, yes - I should have said I meant the remake. I've not played the original. 
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1408
    it feels very different to play. and that's before mentioning that the main character is a totally different guy! 
    I think the remake is of the Japanese version?

And then the diary is the US version main character? 
  • LeisceoirLeisceoir Frets: 166
    I’m a bit behind the times when it comes to games. I’ve only just started Death Stranding. Has anyone else played it? It is one of the most terrifying, beautiful and above all weird things I’ve ever experienced and I’m only an hour in. Does it get more strange? I mean the first mission was “Oh, you’re a delivery guy are you? Ok, we’re just going to strap your recently deceased mother’s corpse onto your back, be a dear and hoick it up that hill to the incinerator will you? Be quick now coz if she starts to rot it will cause an inter dimensional explosion that will take out a city. Oh, and by the way the rain accelerates time will turn you into a frail geriatric if it touches you so put up your hood up mate.” 
    My trading feedback thread
    2reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom