General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 29784
    I tried it, but five minutes of trudging followed by three hours of cutscenes of people crying doesn't make a great game in my view. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • LeisceoirLeisceoir Frets: 166
    Yeah, I suppose the gameplay is boring enough alright. Dispite that, the general weirdness of the whole thing is keeping me interested for the moment. 
    My trading feedback thread
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28493
    I sort of enjoyed Death Stranding but got about 8 hours in and realised I was a bit bored and didn't have a clue what was going on so I gave up. 

The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    I've been on Rocket League this week. First time in ages as I finally got my ping sorted so it's playable. It's still great

I also downloaded COD Warzone, which judging by the size of the download is about 17 different COD games all installed but paywalled, which is pretty shit of them. 

I'm shit at it too, which is rubbish. What I really want is to play COD4/MW2 again just as they were but with modern graphics. Is that an option? 
  • nero1701nero1701 Frets: 1646
    I've been hitting Hell let Loose again, man it's brutal. Really promotes squad play. 

I like that you can have several types of game. 

Commander...great and can be really intense.

Sniper...sneaky behind the lines
    Recon..taking out enemy ops 

Tanks

Machine gunner

All depends on what you want to play.

Anyone else play it? Happy to squad up for a round or 3.
  • I've been on Rocket League this week. First time in ages as I finally got my ping sorted so it's playable. It's still great

I also downloaded COD Warzone, which judging by the size of the download is about 17 different COD games all installed but paywalled, which is pretty shit of them. 

I'm shit at it too, which is rubbish. What I really want is to play COD4/MW2 again just as they were but with modern graphics. Is that an option? 
    You on Gamepass?? MW3 is where it’s at.. The WWE collab is awesome.. it’s basically kill confirmed but you use wrestling moves to finish them off.
    I've been on Rocket League this week. First time in ages as I finally got my ping sorted so it's playable. It's still great

You on Gamepass?? MW3 is where it’s at.. The WWE collab is awesome.. it’s basically kill confirmed but you use wrestling moves to finish them off.
    No, PS here. Not keen to shell out £70 for MW3 just before the new ones (presumably) arrives in a couple of months and the player base disappears. Unless that's not how it works any more?
  • Yeah @stickyfiddle now M$ own CoD I fear PS users getting proper robbed..

I’ve downloaded this but don’t want to start for fear of in 10 hours time still being on it.

https://youtu.be/-4-xswoPRpo?si=1Ky3w85JHvn3GHkL
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2496
    Finished GTA V, and loved it. Wish I'd have stuck with it all those years ago!

Now thinking of focusing on RDR2 or Starfield. However, I've been sidelined by how damn good Selaco is on PC...
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10541
    Yea I really like Rocket League and play it a lot but I just cannot get out of bronze.

Is it very hard to get out of bronze these days or am I just really shit? Some of the other bronze players are juggling the ball in the air and destroying us and I'm nowhere that level and they're still in bronze too!
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1048
    have bought dwarf fortress for my laptop as it has got great reviews.

do not have a clue how to play it though (same with rimworld that i also bought ) due to me having no motivation/attention span of a goldfish atm due to my depression/laziness etc (same with my guitar also atm).

i really want to get into playing them though as they are meant to be great games.
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

I tried Dungeons of Hinterland. It's ok, but slow.

Also Creatures of Ava;trigger warning for the gamergate incels - the protagonist is a black lesbian. Also OK but slow.

And Flock; I think this is by the same people as the brilliant Hohokum. Quite good but also slow.

Bored now. 
    Anyone excited for Wukong?

Looks incredible and the soundtrack is great. Out on the 20th.
  • duotoneduotone Frets: 1044
    FarleyUK said:
    Finished GTA V, and loved it. Wish I'd have stuck with it all those years ago!

Now thinking of focusing on RDR2 or Starfield. However, I've been sidelined by how damn good Selaco is on PC...
    I have about 3 more missions on GTA V. I did the same as you, left it unplayed for years. But I wanted to finish it before GTA 6 gets released. 

GTA V is fantastic, maybe not the best story mode but overall a brilliant game. I’m glad that I got the XBox One edition of the game as it has additional radio stations & I especially love driving around in the Comet/Porsche & listening to the Blonded radio station: https://gta.fandom.com/wiki/Blonded_Los_Santos_97.8_FM in between missions. Good times!
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1408
    anyone who can't chill with death stranding is no friend of mine. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ryanverbenaryanverbena Frets: 501

Yeah big time! I've played all the Souls games, Bloodborne, Sekiro, Nioh(s), etc.

Elden Ring has been fantastic, but I'm craving something a little more battle focused, like Sekiro maybe.

Was fairly disappointed by Wo Long Fallen Dynasty, especially after loving the Nioh games from Team Ninja. Hoping Wukong will deliver. I grew up watching Monkey Magic too, so would love to see this area of eastern mythology done properly. 

Yeah big time! I've played all the Souls games, Bloodborne, Sekiro, Nioh(s), etc.

Elden Ring has been fantastic, but I'm craving something a little more battle focused, like Sekiro maybe.

Was fairly disappointed by Wo Long Fallen Dynasty, especially after loving the Nioh games from Team Ninja. Hoping Wukong will deliver. I grew up watching Monkey Magic too, so would love to see this area of eastern mythology done properly. 
    So is this game going to be insanely hard do you think? I'm not sure my controllers or my walls can take it.
    I'm slowly making my way through the Gold puzzles in Talos Principle II.

I wasn't much taken with the story, but it comes together quite suddenly towards the end and then all makes sense. The puzzles are brilliant though. Still stuck on a few.

Also I finally started Starcom Nexus, which is surprisingly enjoyable. Teeny spaceship in huge galaxy, with upgrades and a touch of plot and so on. Cheap and cheerful.
  • TheMarlinTheMarlin Frets: 8386
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • ryanverbenaryanverbena Frets: 501
    @TeleMaster it's so hard to gauge the difficulty, I'm sure it won't be super easy because these kind of games trend towards difficulty being a trophy in itself. The lack of builds that games like Elden Ring offer to cheese the game also inherently adds a a skill barrier, much like Sekiro did. 

I can't wait nevertheless.