General Gaming thread

What's Hot
1220221222223224226»

Comments

• SporkySporky Frets: 29784
    Road to Gehenna was bastard hard. TP2 is better balanced - still challenging, but less brutal. 
    "[Sporky] brings a certain vibe and dignity to the forum."
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    I have been lacking an upstairs game (the living room is upstairs), so have ordered Tears Of The Kingdom. £45 still seems an awful lot of money, but Call Of The Wild was superb.

Am still on Starcom Nexus, which is much more enjoyable than I expected. I gave Pacific Drive a go but had to stop playing and it wouldn't let me save in the middle of a run, so it's in the Naughty Box for a bit.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4333
    Star Wars: Outlaws is out in a few days... it seems to get be getting the expected reviews, but I'll probably hold off for a bit and wait for sales. It's a shame that Ubisoft+ isn't offered on PlayStation, else I'd have grabbed a month to try the game.
  • Sporky said:
    I have been lacking an upstairs game (the living room is upstairs), so have ordered Tears Of The Kingdom. £45 still seems an awful lot of money, but Call Of The Wild was superb.

The crafting of vehicles will be right up your street fella.. it’s that element of the game which makes it stand out from BotW
  • I've started elden ring again. I'm really enjoying it this time!

I'm still right at the start, but I fancy doing daggers and a big stick build, so I have great club, and dual wield reduvia dagger and some other bleed dagger I got from a mob. I think I'm enjoying it more now I have a bit more time - I don't mind not making progress, I'm just enjoying the process. 
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1048
    Have started playing black myth wukong on ps5

Am not very far into it I have to admit (am not good at souls like games) but liking it so far. It is a beautiful game for sure. Being a mythical monkey god who can slap enemies with a staff will never get old.
    i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• SchnozzSchnozz Frets: 2134
    Kingdom Come Deliverance 2 announced for February 2025.
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28493
    Star Wars: Outlaws is out in a few days... it seems to get be getting the expected reviews, but I'll probably hold off for a bit and wait for sales. It's a shame that Ubisoft+ isn't offered on PlayStation, else I'd have grabbed a month to try the game.
    Same. I usually enjoy Ubisoft open world stuff and I like Star Wars, so I'm very keen to play it but not keen to pay 70 quid for it
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • PennPenn Frets: 733
    Same. I usually enjoy Ubisoft open world stuff and I like Star Wars, so I'm very keen to play it but not keen to pay 70 quid for it
    No, the reviews seem to just say it’s ok. Nothing special. 70 quid is bonkers money. 

Sure GTA 6 will be even more though. 
  • menamestommenamestom Frets: 4878
    Please please PLEASE be awesome…

https://youtu.be/0e17p2IVDUU?si=8P3Qb1mb6blDbj2g
    Yea I hope it finally gives me a reason to turn my xbox on. The series X/S has to be the most disappointing console cycle of any ever. 
    I’m the opposite, probably been my favourite with game pass.  Instant loading, pick up games where you left them and loads of choice with Game Pass.

I suppose it depends what kind of titles you are after but probably worth it for flight sim alone for me. 
  • strumjoughlampsstrumjoughlamps Frets: 3487
    edited August 27

Yea I hope it finally gives me a reason to turn my xbox on. The series X/S has to be the most disappointing console cycle of any ever. 
    I’m the opposite, probably been my favourite with game pass.  Instant loading, pick up games where you left them and loads of choice with Game Pass.

I suppose it depends what kind of titles you are after but probably worth it for flight sim alone for me. 
    Yep I rate GamePass and since getting the Rog Ally I am using the service even more..

CoD6 available at launch, my 2 lads both PS5 owners thought I was making it up when I said I’ll be getting it day one on GamePass ..
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3400
    edited August 27

Am not very far into it I have to admit (am not good at souls like games) but liking it so far. It is a beautiful game for sure. Being a mythical monkey god who can slap enemies with a staff will never get old.

Is this worth paying full retail for?  I've been reading and seeing some iffy to bad reviews for it on from places like IGN, and Kotaku as well as their contributors.  It's one of the two games that I've really been looking forward to for 2024.

• racefaceec90racefaceec90 Frets: 1048
    edited August 28

Is this worth paying full retail for?  I've been reading and seeing some iffy to bad reviews for it on from places like IGN, and Kotaku as well as their contributors.  It's one of the two games that I've really been looking forward to for 2024.

i have only spent about an hour playing it so far (on ps5) and rubbish at souls like games to boot. i did buy the deluxe version  with the bonus items and they do look very nice and add bonus stats to your character when equipped.

i have heard that some people have issues with the game on ps5  (the different graphic settings are strange according to one video on yt i  watched digital foundary test of the game).

personally i have enjoyed the game i must say and feel that the price is reasonable (£55 for the standard version) compared to companies charging £70 plus for a new game that seems to be the norm now. 

am only on chapter 2 so far so not very far in the game yet.

i don't think it's as good as elden ring but then not many games are, and the world so far seems more linear and not open like er too.

i think the chinese mythology adds something to it and the combat does feel very nice  (but as said above i am not good at souls like game).

i hope that was of some help. 

i like cake :-) here's my youtube channel   https://www.youtube.com/user/racefaceec90 

• Have a Switch? Like Shmups?

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12238
    edited August 31
    Just a reminder for those on Game Pass Ultimate.  If your subscription has expired or expiring soon, in the next 2 weeks.  Before September 12th.  This is your last chance to get 2 years' worth of GPU for £100.  It is going up to £14.99 a month.

To do this, go to CDKeys and get 3 years of 12 months of Game Pass Core EU (basically Xbox Live) at £33 each, apply it, then 1 month of Game Pass Ultimate EU for £8.

It will convert 3 years of Core to 2 years of Ultimate.

If you click through Quidco you will get £3.50 cashback.  If you turn on automatic renewal you will also get 1 month free at the end of 2 years.

It works out to 25 months for £105 or so £4.20 a month, rather than £14.99.

You can only do this if you have NO active subscription.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    I gave up 9n Tears Of The Kingdom at the first save point because my Pro Controller WON'T STOP FUCKING CREAKING. Both joysticks. Every tiniest move, CREAK. Even after PFTE spray. 

I was very grown up though and didn't take the sledgehammer to it. 
  • CavemanGroggCavemanGrogg Frets: 3400
    edited August 31

i have only spent about an hour playing it so far (on ps5) and rubbish at souls like games to boot. i did buy the deluxe version  with the bonus items and they do look very nice and add bonus stats to your character when equipped.

i have heard that some people have issues with the game on ps5  (the different graphic settings are strange according to one video on yt i  watched digital foundary test of the game).

personally i have enjoyed the game i must say and feel that the price is reasonable (£55 for the standard version) compared to companies charging £70 plus for a new game that seems to be the norm now. 

am only on chapter 2 so far so not very far in the game yet.

i don't think it's as good as elden ring but then not many games are, and the world so far seems more linear and not open like er too.

i think the chinese mythology adds something to it and the combat does feel very nice  (but as said above i am not good at souls like game).

i hope that was of some help. 

Thanks, it does, it's the press that the game has been getting that has me questioning whether I should by it now and pay the most expensive the game will be, or wait until the price drops.

Just a reminder for those on Game Pass Ultimate.  If your subscription has expired or expiring soon, in the next 2 weeks.  Before September 12th.  This is your last chance to get 2 years' worth of GPU for £100.  It is going up to £14.99 a month.

To do this, go to CDKeys and get 3 years of 12 months of Game Pass Core EU (basically Xbox Live) at £33 each, apply it, then 1 month of Game Pass Ultimate EU for £8.

It will convert 3 years of Core to 2 years of Ultimate.

If you click through Quidco you will get £3.50 cashback.  If you turn on automatic renewal you will also get 1 month free at the end of 2 years.

It works out to 25 months for £105 or so £4.20 a month, rather than £14.99.

You can only do this if you have NO active subscription.

I can remember the days when CDKeys was catered towards PC game pirating, and was a place for people to source CD keys for games and in some case, maybe even all cases, the game files as well, all for free.
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10541

Thats fine of course, we like what we like but many people do feel disappointed with Xbox this cycle. Flight Sim is an amazing sim but it's not a game I'd play really. There's loads of stuff on Gamepass but there's a lot of old stuff and indie titles which is fine, but there isn't a plethora of new, current gen content. PS5 just has much more in that regard, Spiderman, God of War, Ratchet & Clank, GT, Astro, Horizon, Souls, Last of Us, Ghost of Tsushima, Final Fantasy, Returnal and so on. 
    The last decent exclusive from Xbox was what, Halo Infinite and Forza three years ago, and they're kind of pretty samey legacy titles. So for me I buy a next gen console for the next gen games, and I have a Steam Deck for the indie titles. I'm not a fan boy, I buy all the consoles and will play whatever takes my fancy.