General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27592
    I was gonna say... :D I definitely had it on Gamecube and Wii, but not sure which playstation it released on - maybe PS2?
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10383
    My kids are super excited about Monkey Ball!

I remember playing it on the Playstation 1.
    Need to check your memory then
    Lol cold. 
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • I was gonna say... :D I definitely had it on Gamecube and Wii, but not sure which playstation it released on - maybe PS2?
    Monkey Ball 1 and 2 on Cube

Monkey Ball Deluxe (which is 1 and 2 together) on PS2 and Xbox.

All other ones are sub par compared but still enjoyable. 

Monkey Ball is my life.
    1reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • MolochMoloch Frets: 726
    So, looks like I'm getting an Xbox Series S in October then:

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • strtdvstrtdv Frets: 2486
    I'm looking forward to Mario + Rabbids 2, the first game is excellent (the trailer prompted me to have another playthrough). Also looking forward to Metroid Dread (though not at £50), and Axiom Verge 2, and BOTW2 whenever it finally gets released
    Robot Lords of Tokyo, SMILE TASTE KITTENS!
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7410
    I've just 'won' a competition with Currys, and tomorrow I can go to my local shop and buy a PS5. Very excited. I nearly bought an Xbox series s last night to tide me over.

I can get either an extra controller, or ratchet and clank. Think I'm gonna get the controller cos games come down in price whereas controllers don't.
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12026
    The more I look at this, the more I like it lol 

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12026
    This is better! The Scooby Do pad lol

0reaction image LOL 2reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
    DefaultM said:
    I've just 'won' a competition with Currys, and tomorrow I can go to my local shop and buy a PS5. Very excited. I nearly bought an Xbox series s last night to tide me over.

I can get either an extra controller, or ratchet and clank. Think I'm gonna get the controller cos games come down in price whereas controllers don't.
    Well that was a disappointment. I did it all, paid £499, he gave me the controller and then said "right, as for the console now we have to order it and it will be 3 weeks". 
    It didn't say that anywhere in the terms so I said can I go to another store where they do have them? He said no, they don't actually have any in stock anywhere, I've won a preorder and now they should be able to get me one within 3 weeks. 
    2reaction image LOL 6reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • wibblewibble Frets: 1112
    DefaultM said:
    DefaultM said:

Well that was a disappointment. I did it all, paid £499, he gave me the controller and then said "right, as for the console now we have to order it and it will be 3 weeks". 
    It didn't say that anywhere in the terms so I said can I go to another store where they do have them? He said no, they don't actually have any in stock anywhere, I've won a preorder and now they should be able to get me one within 3 weeks. 

Follow this guy for stock alerts and see if you can get it quicker and cancel the currys order

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Beat ascension 16 on slay the spire. Starting to feel clever. 
    wibble said:
    DefaultM said:
    DefaultM said:

Follow this guy for stock alerts and see if you can get it quicker and cancel the currys order

Thanks I've done it.

I don't think there are really any exclusive ps5 games I want to play, but I'm looking forward to finishing FFVII Remake and God of War. I had to stop because the PS4 fan was so loud I couldn't hear the TV. The only games I can play on it are driving ones, anything with dialogue I can't actually hear it.
  • jonevejoneve Frets: 1488
    DefaultM said:
    wibble said:
    DefaultM said:
    DefaultM said:

Thanks I've done it.

I don't think there are really any exclusive ps5 games I want to play, but I'm looking forward to finishing FFVII Remake and God of War. I had to stop because the PS4 fan was so loud I couldn't hear the TV. The only games I can play on it are driving ones, anything with dialogue I can't actually hear it.
    This is why I a.) bought a stand with built in cooling fans for the PS4 and b.) almost exclusively play with headset connected. Makes for a much more immersive and enjoyable experience
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27592
    I just turn the subtitles on... 

Though I must say the PS5 is a revelation in how to make a console that looks like a spaceship but doesn't sound like one..
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10383
    A competition to buy one? What on earth has this come to?!?!
  • BloodEagleBloodEagle Frets: 5320
    Ive got a PS5 and it is so quiet compared to the PS4 Pro I had before it is ridiculous. I had to wear headphones to plat TLOU2 on the PS4 because it genuinelly sounded like a vacum cleaner all the way through. My gaming time with the PS5 has been taken up with Demons Souls, Ghost of Tsushima in glorious 4k/60fps, Sackboy for 2 player fun with my daughter, and currently the new Ratchet & Clank game, which is great stupid fun. 
  • pedalopedalo Frets: 178
    I decided to enter the PS5 stock chase on Thursday and ended up with one in hand from Argos by Friday. Very pleased with that although those 24 hours were a bit of an ordeal with so many drops that I missed out on. 

The demo game is so much fun. Also have Ratchet and Clank and will be buying Spider-Man and Resident Evil.

Been stuck on Xbox since the 360 days and barely play my Xbone. Really wish I had bought a PS4 back then but there is lots for me to catch up on now.   Happy days! 
  • mattdavismattdavis Frets: 841
    I gave up on the Ps5 hunt in the end and bought a PS4 off a friendly forumite - and it’s been great. Agree with the fan noise but for my short intermittent gaming stints, it’s fine. And my lad can’t hear it past the gunshots and blood curdling screams of Warzone. Can’t believe so many months later it is still the same story with no stock. Is there any expectation of when they will become easily available?
    I just turn the subtitles on... 

Though I must say the PS5 is a revelation in how to make a console that looks like a spaceship but doesn't sound like one..
    I tried but I can't deal with there being 2 different things happening at once. It's like when you're in a club and your friend is shouting in your face but you can't hear them. With driving you can just pretend it's the sounds of the engine at least.
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2449
    I've gone on a 'retro' bender lately; been playing Blasphemous, Bloodstained and few others that are side-scrolling shooters. Also picked up the new R-Type on PC.

Really enjoying them, but I'm terrible at them!

Also enjoying Days Gone on PC. Well, I would do if it wouldn't keep crashing every 10 mins. Never had so many issues with a game before.