General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• thumpingrugthumpingrug Frets: 2950
    DefaultM said:
    In Dead Space I got to this room that sealed you inside, and all these pale spider type things come at you. I only had one save file and it auto saved me sealed inside that room with barely any health  :/
    Ive been at that point in few games, usually end up just quitting.  Its less frustrating in the end.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7418
    Oh yeah there's no way I could do it so I just never played it again.
    edited July 2021
    Got my ps5 today but I'm pretty confused with it to be honest. I downloaded the FFVII Remake and loaded up my save but I couldn't remember what I was doing in it and I didn't think it looked any different than the ps4 version.
    Then it turned out I'd downloaded the ps4 version, and I have to download the ps5 version. So now I've got 2 85gb files on my hdd? I deleted the ps4 version, and then tried to load my save game on the ps5 version and it said don't forget to upload your save file from the ps4 version. I hadn't done that before I deleted it, so now I have to start a new game unless I want to download 85gb again?
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7353
    DefaultM said:
    Got my ps5 today but I'm pretty confused with it to be honest. I downloaded the FFVII Remake and loaded up my save but I couldn't remember what I was doing in it and I didn't think it looked any different than the ps4 version.
    Then it turned out I'd downloaded the ps4 version, and I have to download the ps5 version. So now I've got 2 85gb files on my hdd? I deleted the ps4 version, and then tried to load my save game on the ps5 version and it said don't forget to upload your save file from the ps4 version. I didn't, so now I have to start a new game unless I want to download 85gb again?
    Cool story bro. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    DefaultM said:
    Then it turned out I'd downloaded the ps4 version, and I have to download the ps5 version. So now I've got 2 85gb files on my hdd? I deleted the ps4 version, and then tried to load my save game on the ps5 version and it said don't forget to upload your save file from the ps4 version. I didn't, so now I have to start a new game unless I want to download 85gb again?
    Cool story bro. 

? Have you just got back from 2008 and been wanting to use that on someone or something?
    3reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • imalrightjackimalrightjack Frets: 3827
    @DefaultM I had a bunch of odd issues with my PS5. The data transfer from PS4 didn’t work very well and when I went to download Resident Evil: Village I got a ton of hard drive full messages. I kept removing stuff and no joy. After removing way more than could possibly be needed, a restart fixed it (it tends to live in standby).

Village was great fun. I nearly smashed the controller during the intro sequence but overall loved it. Quite a few changes of pace, some crap boss battles, fairly silly ending (it’s Resi…) but still memorable. I sold my VR, having played Resi 7 in VR, a it was gathering dust but it would have been better again, I imagine. 

Aside that, also finished Ghost of Tsushima and Days Gone in the last few months. Onto Mass Effect trilogy now, which I suspect will take a very long time.
    Trading feedback info here

My band, Red For Dissent
    Yeah I've been getting similar actually, where I will install a game and try get my save from the cloud but it's greyed out the download button. Then it starts putting all ticks in boxes I haven't touched and locks up.

I got the ps5 version of ffvii working now and it's just ridiculous. I had heard people complaining saying there were low resolution textures in there etc and its not as good as it could be. What are you on about?! When I got the original in 1997 I looked at their block hands and faces and thought woah so realistic. If you'd shown me this I would have fallen out my chair.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    DefaultM said:
    Then it turned out I'd downloaded the ps4 version, and I have to download the ps5 version. So now I've got 2 85gb files on my hdd? I deleted the ps4 version, and then tried to load my save game on the ps5 version and it said don't forget to upload your save file from the ps4 version. I hadn't done that before I deleted it, so now I have to start a new game unless I want to download 85gb again?
    I gave up on using old saves in the end. Quite annoying.
    DefaultM said:
    Cool story bro. 
    Bit harsh bro?
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7353
    DefaultM said:
    DefaultM said:
    Cool story bro. 

? Have you just got back from 2008 and been wanting to use that on someone or something?
    Well actually I originally wrote 'fascinating' bit then I realised it was the PS4 version of fascinating.
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    edited July 2021
    I don't really understand why it will download and let you play a ps4 game, if there's a free upgrade to ps5. I've left the ps5 versions downloading over night, then my wife got herself up at 6am this morning, snuck down and played them without me haha.

This Man Eater game is pretty funny. I love how you can just flop yourself out of the sea and on to the beach and start eating people. 
  • punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1048
    Has anyone here played Ring Fit Adventure on the Switch and is it any good (As a workout and as a fun game in itself I guess) and how much space is needed? 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27661
    My wife has it. It's certainly knackering, so it's much better than sitting on your arse, though also nowhere near as good as a proper hour in the gym (not that it's intended to be). 

I'd file under "reasonably fun" but obv not in the same league as Mario Kart
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Reasonably fun and knackering sounds alright. Obviously not expecting it to be Mario Kart levels of fun or to replace a proper workout so that sounds like a good enough endorsement tbh. 

Is loads of space needed? 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27661
    Reasonably fun and knackering sounds alright. Obviously not expecting it to be Mario Kart levels of fun or to replace a proper workout so that sounds like a good enough endorsement tbh. 

Is loads of space needed? 
    It’s mostly a combination of squats, running on the spot and jumping iirc, so you want a circle of a few feet diameter, but it doesn’t need tonnes 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    Ah that’s cool. I’ll order it, screw it. Cheers @stickyfiddle ;
  • bbill335bbill335 Frets: 1392
    DefaultM said:
    if you couldn't remember what to do, probably best to start up a new file anyway, it's quite a tough game in places.

anyone been playing Nier lately with the rerelease/remake of Replicant?
    I went back to my objectives and the way points on the map are just in the middle of nowhere, so I ran around aimlessly for a bit before starting a new game haha.
    While waiting for new games to come down from the frankly ridiculous price point of £70 which I refuse to pay on principal I've been really enjoying Final Fantasy XIV
  • Me and Son started Sackboy on PS5 today, its a joy to play.. think Mario Bandicoot with a LittleBigPlanet frontend