General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Oh and Fenyx Rising is great fun. I would bother with the DLC though.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    edited July 2021
    Yeah, I haven’t played Returnal yet. I loved Super Stardust HD and Resogun by the same guys but truth be told I’m struggling with spending 70 notes on something as brutal as Returnal sounds like it is. When it hits 50 quid I’ll have another look! 

There’s also Resi Evil Village that MrsF wants me to get but I’m concerned I’m too chickenshit…  

Don’t discount Astro’s Playroom either - it’s a simple platformer but good fun and a great demo of the new controller 
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
    To be honest I got it off eBay for about £40 unopened. The disc version of the PS5 had already paid for itself!
    It's hard but one of those games where you're just about to throw the controller out of the window you make a breakthrough.
  • Yeah, I haven’t played Returnal yet. I loved Super Stardust HD and Resogun by the same guys but truth be told I’m struggling with spending 70 notes on something as brutal as Returnal sounds like it is. When it hits 50 quid I’ll have another look! 

There’s also Resi Evil Village that MrsF wants me to get but I’m concerned I’m too chickenshit…  

Don’t discount Astro’s Playroom either - it’s a simple platformer but good fun and a great demo of the new controller 
    Astros Playroom is awesome, we have 7 hidden trophies left to totally 100% everything possible. It’s been top fun I would have paid for it no problem.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 2reaction image Wisdom
    Yeah, I haven’t played Returnal yet. I loved Super Stardust HD and Resogun by the same guys but truth be told I’m struggling with spending 70 notes on something as brutal as Returnal sounds like it is. When it hits 50 quid I’ll have another look! 

Astros Playroom is awesome, we have 7 hidden trophies left to totally 100% everything possible. It’s been top fun I would have paid for it no problem.
    The feedback on the controller in Astro's is amazing 
  • stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 28681
    Yep. The first time you walk on a metal floor and it goes “ting ting ting” under your feet is brilliant :)
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • FarleyUKFarleyUK Frets: 2510
    Sackboy is great as well!
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • TeleMasterTeleMaster Frets: 10580
    Personally I think if you haven’t played an original game, a remastered Zelda game for £45, that’s got hours and hours or gameplay is great value. I’ve not played all the Wii U stuff so I’m having a blast. I hope they do Orcarina of Time too. 
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7491
    anyone got any recommendations for either switch games or something good that can be played on a non-gaming laptop (decent spec but no gmaing gfx card)
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    Stardew Valley.
  • anyone got any recommendations for either switch games or something good that can be played on a non-gaming laptop (decent spec but no gmaing gfx card)

For pc, diablo 2 is still one of the best games ever. The first one is also available on gog and is still creepy, atmospheric and brilliant. And difficult. 

I can't imagine slay the spire needs much in the way of processing power either. I think it might be the best game ever, on any platform. 

I really enjoy old adventure games as well, like grim fandango. Bit niche maybe.

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7491
    It will prob run diablo 3 actually ...it has been a while since I played it. 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 25495
    Right you PS5 people...

I get to collect my machine tomorrow.

What first game do I get to go with it? I tend to play multiplayer on my PC as it's hardwired rather than wifi, so something a bit more adventure / problem solving? I haven't played those sorts of games for years.

ta.
    Ratchet & Clank is the prettiest thing I’ve ever played. 

Spider-man Miles is great fun and also spectacular to look at. 

Ghost of Tsushima & God of War are both fantastic if you haven’t played them on PS4. 

Don’t forget to pick up all the PS Collection stuff on PS+ if you have it. 
    Ratchet & Clank looks fun. I've not played any of them.

Any good racing games for it yet? Ideally more arcade than simulation. I really can't be arsed with car setups like the most anal F1 games can get.

Bring back Motorstorm Pacific Rift!

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

Ooo - Wreakfest looks like a fun silly racing game!

Might have to get that.

• meltedbuzzboxmeltedbuzzbox Frets: 10343
    anyone got any recommendations for either switch games or something good that can be played on a non-gaming laptop (decent spec but no gmaing gfx card)

For pc, diablo 2 is still one of the best games ever. The first one is also available on gog and is still creepy, atmospheric and brilliant. And difficult. 

I can't imagine slay the spire needs much in the way of processing power either. I think it might be the best game ever, on any platform. 

I really enjoy old adventure games as well, like grim fandango. Bit niche maybe.

Grim Fandango!! Now there's a blast from the past. What a game. (If you like point and click adventures)
    The Bigsby was the first successful design of what is now called a whammy bar or tremolo arm, although vibrato is the technically correct term for the musical effect it produces. In standard usage, tremolo is a rapid fluctuation of the volume of a note, while vibrato is a fluctuation in pitch. The origin of this nonstandard usage of the term by electric guitarists is attributed to Leo Fender, who also used the term “vibrato” to refer to what is really a tremolo effect.
    Arse. It appears that Wreakfest doesn't do a split screen mode.

Seems like Dirt 5 does though.

All racing games should have Split screen modes.

0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4374
    Right you PS5 people...

I get to collect my machine tomorrow.

What first game do I get to go with it? I tend to play multiplayer on my PC as it's hardwired rather than wifi, so something a bit more adventure / problem solving? I haven't played those sorts of games for years.

ta.

Mine arrived yesterday but I gave it up for my nephew to have instead - I can't find anything on it currently that I'm desperate to play. It looks like the supply issues are easing up too though, as I've been getting a lot more stock notifications the last week or so than over the past couple of months, so I'll just wait and get one next year-ish I guess - or maybe if/when PS:VR2 is released.
  • RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12319
    I have one on the way, no idea what to play...having far more fun on GamePass at the moment.

Might load up Cyberpunk 2077 and see the difference.
  • monquixotemonquixote Frets: 18304
    tFB Trader

Slay the spire is good on Switch, but I think it's even better as a mobile game.
  • DefaultMDefaultM Frets: 7680
    I bought Drive Club on ps4 day of release full price download from the PlayStation Store. Went to put it on ps5 and its in my library but with a lock on it and says I don't own it. Same on ps4 console as well.
    Erm... What? 
    0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom