General Gaming thread

What's Hot

Comments

• RaymondLinRaymondLin Frets: 12053
    Bagged one!

0reaction image LOL 1reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7381
    I'm only on my 2nd run, first one was with the iron clad and got killed by the first elite I met. Got to the city with the silent on my 2nd run and am about 3 rooms in so far. The silent seems way better at least in the early game than the ironclad.  

Haha it's really fun talking to people new to the game, because your understanding will grow run-to-run on each character. By ascension 5 you'll have quite a deep knowledge, and more cards unlocked as well for more complex strategy.

Well tried ironclad again on run 3 and definitely a lot better. I got to the boss on act II and managed to get him down to 30 health. 1 more turn and ive have had him :) 

It's good, isn't it ;) I just beat the heart with ironclad on ascension 9 and part way through a silent run now, also ascension 9. Weird deck - started pushing me toward a blade dance/finisher synergy but in act 2 I'm being offered quite weird cards, so it's now partly a discard deck... 
    what does ascension 9 mean, the 9th run witht hat character class? 
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 0reaction image Wisdom
  • I'm only on my 2nd run, first one was with the iron clad and got killed by the first elite I met. Got to the city with the silent on my 2nd run and am about 3 rooms in so far. The silent seems way better at least in the early game than the ironclad.  

Haha it's really fun talking to people new to the game, because your understanding will grow run-to-run on each character. By ascension 5 you'll have quite a deep knowledge, and more cards unlocked as well for more complex strategy.

Well tried ironclad again on run 3 and definitely a lot better. I got to the boss on act II and managed to get him down to 30 health. 1 more turn and ive have had him :) 

It's good, isn't it ;) I just beat the heart with ironclad on ascension 9 and part way through a silent run now, also ascension 9. Weird deck - started pushing me toward a blade dance/finisher synergy but in act 2 I'm being offered quite weird cards, so it's now partly a discard deck... 
    what does ascension 9 mean, the 9th run witht hat character class? 
    Difficulty levels - as you complete runs you'll unlock harder difficulties. 
  • fretmeisterfretmeister Frets: 24879
    edited July 2021
    I started playing Uncharted 4 last night. I had forgotten it was in my PS+ library and never tried it.

I'm liking it - even if I did fall off the roof at the beginning a lot while I was trying to learn the controls! D 

Bit annoyed to discover that Wipeout has to be bought again for PS5.
    But I've found Dirt 5 for under £20 so I'll get that I think.

I’m so bored I might as well be listening to Pink Floyd

• punchesjudypunchesjudy Frets: 1057
    @fretmeister If you own Wipeout on PS4 you shouldn't have to buy it again. 
    @punchesjudy ;

I can see it in my library but it won't let me download it. Just takes me to an information page with a price to buy it again.

• PolarityManPolarityMan Frets: 7381

Difficulty levels - as you complete runs you'll unlock harder difficulties. 
    I quite like the silent because of the card cycling. If you've ever played magic it feels very "blue".
    ဈǝᴉʇsɐoʇǝsǝǝɥɔဪቌ
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Those who have an Xbox S how are you finding it? Any regrets not getting the X?

I'm thinking of getting one to go with the PS5.
    @punchesjudy ;

I can see it in my library but it won't let me download it. Just takes me to an information page with a price to buy it again.
    Have you tried restoring licenses somewhere in the settings? Might work. That's odd. 
    @ennspek I had an S before managing to get an X and I loved that little thing. It's absolutely tiny and mine was completely silent in use. I actually sold my PS5 rather than the S. 

As a second console to compliment the PS5 I'd say you can't go wrong really. 
  • The Series S is fantastic. Admittedly I have little use of it before I came out here but if you temper your expectations (it's not going to be a 4k 120fps ray tracing machine) and accept it as being strictly 1080p, 60-120fps and a cheap way to get access to Game Pass (which I think is a no brainer for how cheap it is), it's possibly the best deal in gaming.

It's also so small, you can hide it anywhere.
    Just so people are aware. I have no idea what any of these words mean.
  • ennspekennspek Frets: 1626
    Thanks. Looks like I may have to get one.
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 501
    @punchesjudy ;

Was it a physical or digital purchase when you got it for the PS4? RDR2 shows in my library as I had it on disc but I can't download it without buying it again.

If it was originally a digital purchase I've no idea what's going on.  Not had any trouble downloading any of mine.
  • RedRabbitRedRabbit Frets: 501
    ennspek said:

I've got the series S and no regrets here.  The only "next gen" game I've got on it is Assassins Creed Valhalla and it runs well enough.  It's mainly being used for game pass and a chance to go through the xbox back catalogue.
    RedRabbit said:
    @punchesjudy ;

Was it a physical or digital purchase when you got it for the PS4? RDR2 shows in my library as I had it on disc but I can't download it without buying it again.

If it was originally a digital purchase I've no idea what's going on.  Not had any trouble downloading any of mine.
    Digital purchase.

I'll send the support people an email.

• stickyfiddlestickyfiddle Frets: 27757
    @fretmeister ; Have you tried telling it to download from the online store ;

Otherwise I would assume a version issue as they've done multiple repackagings with the omega collection etc. I had the same issue with Horizon at one point as I'd bought the standard edition and they were only selling the GOTY version on the store when I wanted to re-download. 

I'm sure they'll sort it if the online option doesn't work.
    The Assumptions - UAE party band for all your rock & soul desires
  • ennspek said:

I have a Series S and PS5 Disc as I wanted one disc based for 4K films and seeing as I use Xbox mainly digital that was my choice.

the Series S is a superb console, what they have put in such a small box is amazing.
  • guitargeek62guitargeek62 Frets: 4253
    ennspek said:

I have a Series S and PS5 Disc as I wanted one disc based for 4K films and seeing as I use Xbox mainly digital that was my choice.

the Series S is a superb console, what they have put in such a small box is amazing.

I'm getting increasingly interested in the XBox Game Pass offerings, though I've been a die-hard Sony fan since the PS1. My apathy for the PS5 release schedule makes me wonder if I could just get an S/X instead and play through the XBox back-catalogue instead for a year or two...
  • ennspek said:

I'm getting increasingly interested in the XBox Game Pass offerings, though I've been a die-hard Sony fan since the PS1. My apathy for the PS5 release schedule makes me wonder if I could just get an S/X instead and play through the XBox back-catalogue instead for a year or two...
    Xbox Ultimate pass is unbeatable, gives you Xbox Live Gold, Gamepass, EA Play and Gamepass on PC.  All Xbox exclusives come on from release day, so for eg the new MS Flight Sim will be on Xbox and PC as part of the subscription.
    0reaction image LOL 0reaction image Wow! 1reaction image Wisdom
  • Feel free to add me peeps.

PSN = jough 

Xbox = strumstrum